Why ruin the game

reaperz73

Yep, im still against the whole "you cant donate for perks" because in the EU a arma 3 server ( a decent one) can run £50+ i mean we pay about that for our dedi-box and had to setup all the OS, all the files and such manually and it runs fine, but most people don't have the technical know how to do alot of this. Meaning they go and buy a server on a virtual machine in a data-centre which is running a VM and have a crappy performing server. but alas, rules be rules.

Edit: We run two arma 3 servers on this box now and never reach anywhere near what we pay for. But VM servers run like crap in my experience.

For real i had a 230$ dedi box with nfo and had to down size to a 55$ one just to be legit with Epoch which is cool but hey someone has to fucking pay the bill. lol

This is how these types of posts make me feel. No offence OP :)

dcb8fac9dd1e4b6a1ae3ae43da0d3bfff53d3cdc

I get that you feel it's disrespectful to trample on the DEVs hard work by customizing a server but in reality we just want to enjoy the game in 101 different ways. 

Dude I don't mind people doing what they want but at least wait until it is allowed and don't charge people for it, donations are fine, but pay to play is not

Its a matter of opinion, there are so many servers to choose from, if you want it hard play on a server thats hard , if you are new to the game play in a easier server. Dont know why the hell do you want to have 1000 servers all with the same difficulty and the same options and scripts. I play in whatever server i want with the difficulty level i want. This gives the dev's an idea of how to balance the game and it shouldnt be a problem for any player.

Let's ask another question. Why do you care how other people run their server(s).

If your goal is to run a hardcore survival server, cool, do it.

But wtf do you care how other people run their servers... Because they steal your players?

:D

I do not care about how the crap you run the server all I said is why steal why pay to play and why step on the devs and ruin there work

Let's ask another question. Why do you care how other people run their server(s).

But wtf do you care how other people run their servers... Because they steal your players?

Well fucking said bro.

You just made a brilliant point, if people are more willing to hop onto a "easy server" why should it bother the more hardcore people, if they didnt hop onto a easy server they might not touch epoch at all.

I do not care about how the crap you run the server all I said is why steal why pay to play and why step on the devs and ruin there work

This is also pretty yeah,  Alot of servers sit down and code their own custom features, are we not allowed to rent off our own features? (scripts and such) Im fine with the epoch devs not allowing people to advertise if they do that. but if i do work, why should i still have to pay 100% of the bill when others are enjoying it aswell. If people are willing to donate a perk is a nice thing to give back. Especially when their are 1000+ servers they can go on.

I agree. We try and keep as vanilla as possible. Not just cause that's the better way to play, but for help developing the mod. Sometimes its hard to tell if it was an addon that affect the bug.

Seeing as we currently hold #7 server slot of arma 3 servers and keep reaching at 100 players daily, I believe majority of the public agrees with vanilla.

Duh. Because they're not playing the right way. C'mon Cen get with the program!

Regardless of opinion it comes down to what the OWNERS of the server want to do with it.

If you don't like a server cuz it's too easy, too hard then look for another one.

Scripts are coming whether people like them or not and the day is coming that owners will have the choice to run them or not.