Survival Launcher - alternate Steam launcher for ARMA 2: OA and ARMA 3

SurvivalServers.com

What SDK is this? Do you have a link?

Not sure what OP is referring to but this software is not a fork of any other launcher.

The only "SDK" (if you want to call it that) is open source libraries like SteamQuery and other .NET libs which are frameworks for pulling data from Steam and not actual server browsers / mod managers / etc.

Nice bro, maybe the sort function for server browsers will work, always had problems with that on launchers lol.

Few more features and I could start using this :).

The sort function is working great! Just select your mod form the drop down, and you can see the total # of servers that have been filtered for that mod at the bottom left where it says "currently viewing".

Check out the screenshot:

fW4IZfi.png

Ha I knew it would ;). I think its nice someone is willing to dedicate so much time to a launcher and tbh I can see most people switching to this from other launchers. Maybe add a "quick connect" feature just like team speak has would be nice. Grab the midline from the server just before you connect and check to see if those mods are installed. Could even check the allowed server keys so u can try find what other mods are allowed (jsrs/vts etc).

Having to keep the downloads updated would be a pain, maybe integrate some WebKit to forward to the mod armahilic pages and on download you could technically get it to install itself without any user input. Most mods are plain add on pbo's anyway easy to see what files are in a zip etc.

I think that would put your launcher far beyond any other. The WebKit browser could use other sites than armahlic too as it would just wait for a DL attempt and then check the file if there is @mod folders or .pbo's etc. If its not recognized submit the link downloaded anonymously to your dev station so u can keep adding routines for different folder/file layouts etc.

Thinking out loud ;)

Keep it going bro. Looks nice too.

1.0.0.3 released!

http://survivallauncher.com/2014/12/13/launcher-release-1-0-0-3-change-log/

Changes

• Make division between servers on the list easier to read / increase font size a little
  • Added additional information to the Steam common folder issue at startup

Fixes

• Progress percentage cut off in a Mod Manager download
  • Hit individual server refresh crash
  • Default game from settings does not set default

New Features

• Favorites
  • Add server to favorites with IP:Port
  • Copy IP:Port to clipboard

Coming Soon

• Improve remote server to client connection speed & timeouts
  • Improve mod manager download speed for non-US residents by adding global HTTP mirrors
  • Add more mod filtering code to filter out more servers into more mods
  • Custom launch parameters override
  • History
  • Friends
  • More user interface cleanup (color correction)
  • Copy IP to keyboard fix
  • DayZero

Update 1.0.0.4 released, Epoch 0.2.5.2 support added.

The first time this browser launched me into my server without Epoch mod loaded, twice in a row, I went back to A3 Launcher.

Do you have -autoinit set for your server when it loads initially? If it's not auto initialized, we are not fetching Mod info from Steam about your server.

A workaround is in progress for this issue, we'll be pulling out mod information from your server hostname as a "last resort" to fall back on if this happens.

Update 1.0.0.4 released, Epoch 0.2.5.2 support added.

Do you have -autoinit set for your server when it loads initially? If it's not auto initialized, we are not fetching Mod info from Steam about your server.

A workaround is in progress for this issue, we'll be pulling out mod information from your server hostname as a "last resort" to fall back on if this happens.

I wouldn't know. My server is hosted at a GSP, not a dedicated server. This program works sometimes, but I have been using A3 Launcher mostly instead since that happened.

So I try to install on my Win8.1 server and get a popup that says "The Survival Launcher Setup Wizard ended prematurely.   Survival Launcher setup ended prematurely because of an error.  Your system has not been modified..."

So no reason given.  It just didn't install.

Bob

I installed and it looks pretty nice. Especially the favorite function is very useful.

it didn't detect my Epoch Folder as I just unpacked it and it was @Epoch0252 (I know I am a lazy bastard)

You may wanna check if a option for paths to mods is useful. With all the mods around I assume I am not the only lazy person.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just some observations, personally I would like more contrast between the text and background for ease of use.

And am I missing something here but I do not see any launch parameter options is this supposed to detect add ons and modify these automatically.

Also is the server browser searching both arma 2 and arma 3 servers every time even if you are only interested in one or the other as the server search takes awhile to complete.

And rather dissapointingly it did not find my server at all even on the ip.

• 3 months later...