[RELEASE] Welcome Messages v2.1 | Intro Music | Easy Config

Gr8

The only thing in that list you've posted I can see that belongs in an if (isServer) block might be the addATMs script.  The rest of the stuff has to be run on clients, specifically the welcome messages, status bar and WAI messages.  By setting all those scripts inside an if (isServer) block you're telling the game to load those scripts ONLY on the server, but the server doesn't need them....clients do.  Remove everything from the if (isServer) block except for the ATMs and try it again.  Use my init as an example:

//R3F
[] execVM "R3F_LOG\init.sqf";

if (isServer) then {
	//Supply Drop Event
	[] ExecVM "\SDROP\init.sqf";
};

//SEM AI

if(hasInterface)then{execVM "addons\sem\semClient.sqf"};

//Welcome Messages

[] execVM "addons\welcome\welcome.sqf";

//A3AI
_nul = [] execVM "addons\A3EAI_Client\A3EAI_initclient.sqf";

//Supply Drop Alert Event
"SDROP_Alert" addPublicVariableEventHandler {
	hint parseText format["%1", _this select 1];
};

//Info Briefing
[] execVM "briefing.sqf";

//Status Bar
[]execVM "addons\status\VJsPlayerStats.sqf";

• 3 weeks later...

When joining the server I'm getting 'Script custom\welcome.sqf not found' any ideas?

You need to make a custom folder in your mission pbo. Did u make one in there and put the welcome.sqf inside that folder?

I too would like to know this...

Thank you in advance,

Pry

I tried this:

_sizeTitle             = 0.75; // Font Size of the Title Messages
_sizeSubText         = 0.60;  // Font Size of the SubTitle Messages
_colorTitle         = "#FE2E2E"; // HTML Color Code of the Title Messages (must start with '#' )
_colorSubText         = "#FFFFFF"; // HTML Color Code of the SubTitle Messages (must start with '#' )
_alignTitle         = "left"; // Alignment of the Title Message (right or left)
_alignSubText         = "right"; // Alignment of the SubTitle Message (right or left)
_fontTitle             = "PuristaSemibold"; // Font Type Of Title Messages
_fontSubText        = "PuristaLight"; // Font Type Of SubTitle Messages

_Delay                = 10; // Wait in seconds before the credits start after player IS ingame
_FadeIn             = 1; //how long one role should stay on screen. Use value from 0 to 10 where 0 is almost instant transition to next role

_IntroMusic            = false; // Welcome Intro Song During the credits (true or false)

_posDefault         = [0.3,0.55,0.5]; // Defualt Positions of all Credits

_name 		    = name player;	//Imports name of the player for a more personalized experience

_title             = "Welcome, %1" _name;
_shorttext         = "DeAtHhOuSe: Bornholm";

But it didn't work.  I'm sure it's just a formatting issue somehow.  

With:

_title             = format ["Welcome %1",name player];

in game it shows: Welcome Error: No Vehicle

However change to:

_title             	= Format ["Welcome %1", Player];

And you do get the name of the player but get it like this: Welcome C-1-1 [PryMary] 

So was wondering if anyone else has anymore ideas lol

As preferably would just want it to be like: Welcome PryMary

Edit:

OK it's now working with:

_title             = format ["Welcome %1",name player];

I just changed it back to the above and now shows the player name and not Error: No Vehicle

Did not make any further changes so not sure why it's now working as required but happy that it is thanks once again.

Pry

i have error any ideas?

7:52:19 BattlEye Server: Script Log: #0 SemperFidelis (1a5baa556dcd609fcd51048afaaa77d9) - #1 "neY, 1 * safezoneH + safezoneY], _tm, _FadeIn ] spawn BIS_fnc_dynamicText;
 7:52:19   sleep (_tm+_FadeIn+4);
 7:52:19   } forEach _ms;"
 7:52:19 Player SemperFidelis kicked off by BattlEye: Script Restriction #1

i have error any ideas?

7:52:19 BattlEye Server: Script Log: #0 SemperFidelis (1a5baa556dcd609fcd51048afaaa77d9) - #1 "neY, 1 * safezoneH + safezoneY], _tm, _FadeIn ] spawn BIS_fnc_dynamicText;
 7:52:19   sleep (_tm+_FadeIn+4);
 7:52:19   } forEach _ms;"
 7:52:19 Player SemperFidelis kicked off by BattlEye: Script Restriction #1

Im getting script restriction #22

Here is the log

[] execVM "scripts\fn_statusBar.sqf";"
29.03.2015 11:58:30: TATER (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - #22 "#line 1 "mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\init.sqf"

[] execVM "custom\welcome.sqf";

in scripts.txt look for 7 exec, on line 23 (due to the scipt.txt file starting at line 0) add:

!="execVM \"\MPMissions\epoch.Chernarus\scripts\fn_statusBar.sqf\"" !="execVM \"\MPMissions\epoch.Chernarus\custom\welcome.sqf\""

To the end of that line.

CHANGE: epoch.Chernarus - to the map you are playing on.

Regards,

Pry

still got that script restriction.

I will post what I done to make sure I didnt mess something up 

7 exec !="<execute expression=" !"RscDebugConsole_execute" !"execFSM" !"_executeStackedEventHandler" !"fn_execVM" !"fn_moduleExecute" !"fn_execRemote" !"fn_MPexec" !"bis_fnc_moduleExecute_activate" !"fn_tridentExecute" !"randomize_civ1" !"executed from" !"EPOCH_DebugGUI_exec" !"_handle = [_display] execVM _script;" !"execVM \"\A3\Structures_F\scripts" !="execVM \"\A3\Structures_F_EPC\Civ\PlayGround\scripts\Carousel_spin.sqf\"" !="execVM \"\MPMissions\epoch.Chernarus\scripts\fn_statusBar.sqf\"" !="execVM \"\MPMissions\epoch.Chernarus\custom\welcome.sqf\""