Should there be more Food/Drink/Building materials?

MPG

More Loot  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be more Food/Drink/Building materials?

So let me get this right i don't mind that you chose your answers and say now but like seriously how dose that make any sense. You both say no but want more building/food or drinks so you do want a increase in loot. General loot needs to be increased i have not said guns, mags, food, drinks i just said loot. 

I'm not in the mood to read post that make no sense. 

I think the loot is fine with the exception of building TOOLS such as hatchets and hammers. They're EXTREMELY (emphasis) rare to find and mostly need to be bought.

Weapons should not be too easy to find, nor too hard. Obviously, they should remove it so you can't find sniper rifles in cabinets or the likes - that's insane.

So let me get this right i don't mind that you chose your answers and say now but like seriously how dose that make any sense. You both say no but want more building/food or drinks so you do want a increase in loot. General loot needs to be increased i have not said guns, mags, food, drinks i just said loot. 

It's rather easy to understand. The AMOUNT is fine, the TYPE is not; at least in their opinion. They don't want more loot they simply want a couple less mags of ammo and a couple more things of food or tools or whatever. 

As for me. Haven't had an issue. In about 10 minutes I tend to have more carrying capacity and a weapon to protect myself with. That might be a little too easy to find.

There's tons of weapons, ammo and general loot. Very little food. Either more food, or more animals wandering so I can kill them and eat them. Pretty simple concept.

the loot is very random. I never had problems with food/drinks but finding metals can be tough sometimes. For tools, I've ran around several days without fiding a hatchet and then yesterday I found 5 AND a chainsaw.. :D. Also balance between mortar and cinderblocks is way off. I can only laugh when I have 25 buckets of mortar and not a single cinderblock. I've heard others having the same issue :)

I'd prefer to see loot spawn in places relative to the type of loot.

Military gear at military compounds.

Medical loot at hospitals and places you'd find such stuff irl.

Repair loot in garages.

You get the picture.

That would be sick.

Cinder blocks are a bit too rare, but you can start with wood and then change the walls later.

Luckly metal scraps are much more common that in previous stages so now with wood it's possible to build a small base even on your own.

Lockboxes are extremely rare so don't even think to find one with 5 hours play.
I've been playing for weeks now and I haven't seen one.

As for the OP... well some building materials are ok now (like metal scraps and salvage metals).

Others are a bit too rare (buckets of mortar are slightly too rare, also cinder blocks maybe little too rare).

Drinks are ok. Since now you can fill empty jars it's ok. Just carry 4-6 jars full of water and you've more than enough.

Also cans are quite easy to find.

Food... well food now is too rare. I am always looking for food.

Which makes sense in a survival game but it's a bit too much 'cause I don't have the time to focus on other things I'd like to do.

The problem are not just cans of food, but also animals.
There should be more animals you can get meat from and more meat from each beast.
You get only a leg from an entire carcass? Wtf... worse butcher ever! :D
Also, any beast should give meat. It makes no sense that by killing a goat you get just a scrap pelt... where did all the meat go??

Other stuff should be extra and random but meat should be always looted from animals.

Wouldn't this be better directed at the owner of the server on which you play?

We can not change it. We can add a script spawnlootinbuilding or something like that but i want to keep my server vanilla, no mods to what is a already great mod. We just don't have access to control the loot on our server yet.

Cinder blocks are a bit too rare, but you can start with wood and then change the walls later.

Luckly metal scraps are much more common that in previous stages so now with wood it's possible to build a small base even on your own.

Lockboxes are extremely rare so don't even think to find one with 5 hours play.

I've been playing for weeks now and I haven't seen one.

As for the OP... well some building materials are ok now (like metal scraps and salvage metals).

Others are a bit too rare (buckets of mortar are slightly too rare, also cinder blocks maybe little too rare).

Drinks are ok. Since now you can fill empty jars it's ok. Just carry 4-6 jars full of water and you've more than enough.

Also cans are quite easy to find.

Food... well food now is too rare. I am always looking for food.

Which makes sense in a survival game but it's a bit too much 'cause I don't have the time to focus on other things I'd like to do.

The problem are not just cans of food, but also animals.

There should be more animals you can get meat from and more meat from each beast.

You get only a leg from an entire carcass? Wtf... worse butcher ever! :D

Also, any beast should give meat. It makes no sense that by killing a goat you get just a scrap pelt... where did all the meat go??

Other stuff should be extra and random but meat should be always looted from animals.

Cinder are used also for the garage door /w lock, not only for wall. 

i'm playng from 4 days with my group, in 2 runs (with fresh restart, for a total of 5 hours) we got only 1 cender, bit too rare, imho.

i know that lockbox is op, but people is finding a work around like close a military container with  wooden door  w/ lock with inside a shelf kit, realy cheapy and works fine too.

Drinks and food are good.

Personally I like it the way it is.  If you want more loot, run with a group of players, since the greater number of people in close proximity means a higher loot output.  If anything I think the building materials spawning needs to be increased somewhat.  

Sure... that's great... if you have the OPTION to run with more people. For a lone-wolf player like, me, it's not an option. 

I personally think there should be more food/drink simply because of the stamina system and how dependent it is on them. I mean, if you run out of food, you literally need to eat TONS of food/drink to get back up to full. I mean, I get if you need to eat like 5-6 cans of food to fill up to 100%, but right now it requires a LOT more than that. 

Sure... that's great... if you have the OPTION to run with more people. For a lone-wolf player like, me, it's not an option. 

I personally think there should be more food/drink simply because of the stamina system and how dependent it is on them. I mean, if you run out of food, you literally need to eat TONS of food/drink to get back up to full. I mean, I get if you need to eat like 5-6 cans of food to fill up to 100%, but right now it requires a LOT more than that. 

well said my point since the beginning is that on my server im alone by increasing loot spawn my chances of finding shit are greater.

I just got back in to check this build out... I have yet to find one cinder block after probably 3 hours of running/driving around.

Cinders are probably one of the most sought after items so there is very little probability to find them at a trader.

I thought the release notes indicated loot was a bit more available..  I'm stomping on garbage/loot piles and so far 75 percent of them have nothing.

Strange.

• 2 months later...

The only thing I think should be increased is food loot. My inventory gets filled fast as it is now. The only thing I seem to have a lot of trouble finding is food.

Just now, coming straight from Altis in latest Alpha and searched for keyword food and I agree with you. I have everything else but food seems to be very limited (drinks fine - just the food!).

by the way, this is not a "I couldn't food for the last 30 minutes!" complaint. after 105 hours of play, the only major loot balance suggestion I have is: increase the food!

EDIT: I have had to focus on finding food for the last 3 nights with the one specific goal of not starving to death. I have 5 helis, about 10 cars, enough rifles to arm an army and magazines to last for a week, cola and redgull abundance and ZERO food in my storage facilities. have to eat all I find and current hunger level is about 1400 again I'm on the hunt for the next spam box. food seems to be rarest. I have not started building a base but cinder is also very rare from what I see. I have less than 8 cinder blocks even though I kept all I found.