Take permanent vehicle ownership

RedBreath

Permanent vehicle ownership  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to be able to lock and protect your car and gear?

I want to know how many people want to be able to take permanent ownership of their car?

Almost like a key,Once you lock the vehicle it's yours forever until you die.

Maybe have a certain item as a place holder almost like the "item_swing" as a key for your car.

And the result? No more losing your vehicle with all your precious items can't be stolen unless you forget to lock it :D

An RFID chip used to unlock vehicles-Thanks DivineHolienes for the GREAT idea :D

Edited by RedBreath

Yes.  BUT.....if the vehicle is not accessed after 14 days it becomes unlocked and the key is deleted, meaning the vehicle is no longer lockable.  Someone with a keymakers kit could create a key for the vehicle and it can then become lockable again.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  No more problems with locked vehicles being on the server forever and regular players can still secure their gear.  Problem solved.   ;)

Yes.  BUT.....if the vehicle is not accessed after 14 days it becomes unlocked and the key is deleted, meaning the vehicle is no longer lockable.  Someone with a keymakers kit could create a key for the vehicle and it can then become lockable again.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  No more problems with locked vehicles being on the server forever and regular players can still secure their gear.  Problem solved.   ;)

Even better idea just hate loosing 4 days of work from one person who swoops in and takes it

That's really hurt my feelings like.

Howabout making the electronics craftable into a code lock that allows you to choose the code?

D: I don't want to hurt you're feelings it's still just an idea.. and more than likely will be like door management except you choose who can unlock your car :)

I dont think permanent ownership is needed, maybe try building a garage and lock the door.  If that happens then I am sure people will just blow them up instead of taking them.

While yes this is recommended,Instead of thinking of being on a server you already have tons of gear on think of it as you just joined a server! and found a car you go looting and decide to lock it. but you were looting for 45 minutes,but your car unlocks after 30.. you head back to your car,But its gone.. And all that precious gear and building supplies and you only ride..... GONE!

Yes I want to lock them, but it shouldn't be a key.. its the future we have nano machines and all.. should be a RFID chip in your hand or arm.

So I kill someone with a RFID I should either get an option to cut it out of them or it just shows up in your gear. Maybe it requires a multi-gun to install it .. to be able to use it.. and a person can only have 5 or 6 at a time. (I had friends who purchased a dozen cars and helicopters just because he could, having some limit may help server performance and who in the hell needs more than a few vehicles. )

Oh so if someone kills you and takes all your RFID tags from your body, if you have cars at base you should be able to re chip them and get new RFIDs installed in you for a cost. 

I also though of retinal scans but.. that requires people to start ripping eye balls out of corpses and that's just wrong ;-)

Spawned vehicles found should not be lockable.

Vehicles purchased should be.

My take on it.

It worked fine in A2

Vehicles purchased are vehicles that were found and sold to the traders.

Want permanent locked vehicles? Set up a server and set the timer for unlocking them to some ridiculous amount like 999999999. Of course that opens up the system to griefers who lock every vehicle they find just because.

A poll won't change the way the devs want it set up. If you want the ability to lock vehicles and use keys or RFID's or whatever, you'll need to mod it yourself. I personally like the system as it is because it helps to pull the focus away from stock piling stuff. Also, many vehicles aren't good for taking off road because unlike in A2, vehicles can get stuck in the ground and won't move. I've already encountered that a few times and was told it was a feature.

Yes I want to lock them, but it shouldn't be a key.. its the future we have nano machines and all.. should be a RFID chip in your hand or arm.

So I kill someone with a RFID I should either get an option to cut it out of them or it just shows up in your gear. Maybe it requires a multi-gun to install it .. to be able to use it.. and a person can only have 5 or 6 at a time. (I had friends who purchased a dozen cars and helicopters just because he could, having some limit may help server performance and who in the hell needs more than a few vehicles. )

Oh so if someone kills you and takes all your RFID tags from your body, if you have cars at base you should be able to re chip them and get new RFIDs installed in you for a cost. 

I also though of retinal scans but.. that requires people to start ripping eye balls out of corpses and that's just wrong ;-)

LOVE IT! Thanks for the idea :D

While yes this is recommended,Instead of thinking of being on a server you already have tons of gear on think of it as you just joined a server! and found a car you go looting and decide to lock it. but you were looting for 45 minutes,but your car unlocks after 30.. you head back to your car,But its gone.. And all that precious gear and building supplies and you only ride..... GONE!

Then you better learn to hide your cars good

Actually that's not a bad idea, but ... it would be need to be limited to several vehicles per person like one vehicles one chopper one boat... or something like that that way, trolls and assholes dont go around claiming every single god damn vehicle ... 

The way you could do it is by using electrical components and some metal scraps...and boom car lock much like Door for bases. 

There should always be a way to steal someones car. Just like in real life. If I had the proper tools I could go on a carjacking spree. In real life there would be consequences of course. This could be the same in Epoch. 

I belive that's what the super rare car jack is for.... 

or you could just find a way of hiding your cars, instead of having 200 locked cars scattered on the map.

they would just get blown up anyway.

the best expression for dayz and mods like it, is that you really don't own anything you're just borrowing it for a while

I want to make it so that I can restrict 1 car and 1 heli to a person

Please not the damn key system again. I despised  that system in overpoch. You'd have safes full of keys and a notepad with about 100 different codes, some circled and others crossed out as  alot of vehicles would get replaced by admins after bugs occurred and so forth. It was a clusterfuck system and took too much maintenance for what it was. I like the vehicle saving to group ID, we just need to make it so that if the vehicle is within the group ID's plot pole range, it becomes a perm-lock. Outside of it, it remains 30 minutes.

bam. problem solved. and no stupid fucking keys to do it.

Please not the damn key system again. I despised  that system in overpoch. You'd have safes full of keys and a notepad with about 100 different codes, some circled and others crossed out as  alot of vehicles would get replaced by admins after bugs occurred and so forth. It was a clusterfuck system and took too much maintenance for what it was. I like the vehicle saving to group ID, we just need to make it so that if the vehicle is within the group ID's plot pole range, it becomes a perm-lock. Outside of it, it remains 30 minutes.

bam. problem solved. and no stupid fucking keys to do it.

I'd agree to that. But we use 60 minutes as opposed to 30. Being within the range of the jammer would be nice. Doesn't make a bit of sense from a realism standpoint, but it's more ideal than keys everywhere.

Welcome to desync and a lot of whining about people not being able to find vehicles if such thing would be implemented.

And would you just be able to drive past fresh spawned vehicles and lock everyone even if it's a crap car you don't want and you won't need to sell the vehicles right after restart just fly around lock everyone then sell.

Sure everyone has lost vehicles with good gear but does not finding a vehicle with good gear bring more joy to you then losing one hurts. I get happy like a little kid and then nervous for the ride to home.

Exploring and finding shit is fun don't take that away.