Dogs...:(

semipr0

How is bleeting on about dogs having or not having souls provide useful feedback ? what changes do the hippies want brought in to apease them ?

First of all what does "hippy" have to do with this? Is reactionary language the only language you know? I'm not old enough to be a hippy, I wasn't even alive in the 60's, you'd have to talk to my parents about what being a hippy is.

The issue I have is the dogs appear non-threatening and friendly, but, I don't know how to contain that properly because its not reliably clear other than suddenly a dog trying to eat your face that wasn't trying to do so just a few moments ago.

Also dogs trail a good way behind the person they've attached themselves to, this gives other players a big hint of what direction to go to perhaps find their next free lootbag (ergo, the player the dog is following).

All I'm saying here is that from a feedback perspective the ability to tell a feral dog from a potentially tamable dog would be helpful, simply from a simple game design standard called "visual recognition", I should be able to make certain assumptions about the environment I am currently facing by observing it. I can generally tell, by looking at players, even from a great distance, what their general intent may be. If someones skulking about in a ghillie suit and they've got a Lynx or an LRR on their back, I can almost immediately assume that if they see me, I'm going to be under fire from a sniper. If I see a group of guys with MX variants or TRG's I can assume a certain tactical approach that they will generally use...these are visual recognition cues that allow me to delineate who is a threat to me at any given time.

Dogs that are happy to see me do not visually provide enough game based feedback, upon their arrival, as to whether they are beneficial or a threat....which invariably leads me to shooting them as a simple precaution...which I feel is wasteful..if the dog can potentially be a resource to me, or just needless, if the dog was never going to be a threat in the first place...the issue is...its simply hard to tell, so I invariably have to just murder dogs out of concern for my own safety.

Its about visual feedback, perhaps my OP doesn't distinctly communicate that, but visual feedback in games is a very important aspect of game design. And it is an alpha...so alpha is when these things should be talked about, so they can be tweaked and adjusted at the discretion of the dev team. Simply saying "its just electronic data, just kill it and stfu you tofu eating, hippy tumblrette." is just...not even really looking at the big picture at all.

"Simply saying "its just electronic data, just kill it and stfu you tofu eating, hippy tumblrette" Love the phrasing.

You are correct, from a feedback point of view this is an important thread , at this point dogs serve no purpose so i just shoot them when i see them ( should drop a dog steak though), if they start helping when tamed and not just eat your food i'll consider taming them, if they get tamed in a persistent way even better.

They way the subject was approached initially is wrong, nobody has to feel sorry for the dog or not kill the dog by pitty because its not actually a dog, although if the devs spend time perfecting the dog character then it should serve a purpose and have a point or else they just become target practice. 

Personally i would like a cat , a white one like the one Ernst Stavro Blofeld had.