Working Missions System

RedBreath

if it is in your mission pbo then its prob on a shit load of servers by now lol. Always hide ya shit server side if you do not want other people using it. 

And even that doesn't help. We had single currency last spring just downloading CCG's mission and recreating everything server side they would need using arma2net.

As i said on my git.

"I take no credit for this as it was given to me to try get working server side.

As it stands it will only run client side.

You can run is using a HC and it will stop some lag but at then end of the day it is stall shit LOL.

At some stage i will upload my mission system for epoch what work server side and spawns ai that stay i am just stall testing/tweeking some things."

as for be filters who the fuck uses them lol. I will post up my mission system tonight what will include the workaround for the clean up. also some more things.  

As i said on my git.

"I take no credit for this as it was given to me to try get working server side.

As it stands it will only run client side.

You can run is using a HC and it will stop some lag but at then end of the day it is stall shit LOL.

At some stage i will upload my mission system for epoch what work server side and spawns ai that stay i am just stall testing/tweeking some things."

as for be filters who the fuck uses them lol. I will post up my mission system tonight what will include the workaround for the clean up. also some more things.

yes that's right as long as you say this is not my script I take no credit its all good it wasn't you I was talking about it was the op who said please give credit where credit do. He was trying to take credit for my shit. he didn't say what you said about it not being his. And maybe since you know who wrote the original when you post your server side mission later you could add credit for both of us since you did tweak it to go on server side.

ok so I have a updated version still not great but it will spawn vehicles and wont allow new players to create more ai at already running missions when they join. have a look

https://github.com/drsubo/ai-mission

I see in this version you have the callmissions.sqf commented out in your init.sqf. Is there a reason for this or did you just not want the treasure missions to spawn?

that's so the mission is called server side I call it in serverinit instead of init that way I can spawn vehicles and stuff without causing doubles when players join. the only thing client side it the ai spawn which also has a time limit so that if players join 5 min after mission starts it wont cause any more doubles of AI, cause without if you have a server with 30 people that logged in the mission would have AI amount times 30 and same with vehicles. just use how it is

Based upon how Arma3 cpu threading works, was is anyone deciding to control AI through the server?  Should offload AI to an HC.  No cost in hardware, minimal cost in machine overhead when compared to the performance gained by the Arma3 server when it does not have to manage AI.

Based upon how Arma3 cpu threading works, was is anyone deciding to control AI through the server?  Should offload AI to an HC.  No cost in hardware, minimal cost in machine overhead when compared to the performance gained by the Arma3 server when it does not have to manage AI.

Working on getting it to Headless client,causes many bugs tho

Working on getting it to Headless client,causes many bugs tho

yup that's why I decided to just keep it on client. I know headless would be the best route but im just waiting till the devs allow us more access to server files n all and make a newer better one then because once they do that almost all of my script here ill be a big waste because once we can edit server files there much better and easier ways to do what I did in this script. I do hope you get it working on headless though, would be nice for those how would like to use it like that

Hey :) hiw about, for vehicles client side without repeats, wrapping the spawn script in an:

if (isServer) then {

// spawn code or execVM here Drsubo :)

};

Command? This should work i think, allowing to do stuff client side in mission pbo but only run on server so no dupes for clients ;) (i used similar in arma2 - for a bus route script - worth checking tho as not used it in arma 3 yet i don't think and I'm not 100% syntax is correct as am using iphone so can't check, lol!)

I've checked out your files too btw! I'm also working on a small mission system too on localhost ;) will share when polished and give credits if i use any of your stuff for sure :)

ok so I have a updated version still not great but it will spawn vehicles and wont allow new players to create more ai at already running missions when they join. have a look

https://github.com/drsubo/ai-mission

using the if (isServer) will not make the ai spawn if you want a veh to spawn just make another script where the car will spawn on the maker and use if (!isServer) exitwith {}; up the top then that will spawn the veh server side aslong as its in the veh arry it will save when the server restarts. 

using the if (isServer) will not make the ai spawn if you want a veh to spawn just make another script where the car will spawn on the maker and use if (!isServer) exitwith {}; up the top then that will spawn the veh server side aslong as its in the veh arry it will save when the server restarts.

That's pretty much how its set up because the mission is called by server to start and the vehicle spawn script is its own sqf file and it gets called by server cus I start mission server side. I just put ai client because I have to or else they will vanish. other that the ai needing to be client side there is no other reason for wanting the mission and stuff to start and be called client side so that's why I did it all server except stuff I couldn't. As for the vehicles saving if your calling them server side you need more than them just being in the array. as of now I don't have them saving after restart because of the amount of excess cars that will be laying around if nobody goes up to take them. If you have a steady player base on 24/7 then saving them would be alright.

I'm running his mission system and maintaining roughly 40-50 fps client side. That's also along with the tornado generator script and another loot drop script. Not bad at all for your first attempt bro. kudos. =)

I'm gonna work on a seperate server side pbo to run the cleanup fsm. without touching any of the epoch pbos. I'll post it up if I can get it working. Had one on an old overpoch server I used to run for mission AI cleanup on a timer. Might still work with an adaption.