Duplicates Itens!!!!

_SAM_

They're called doppelgangers, they intention is that if you combat log your body stays in game for 60 secs, that way you get killed and gain nothing by being a bitch.

The downside is you can dupe, a balance needs to be found.

I think i'll try 30 seconds on my official server, it should take about that time to disconnect and relog :unsure: therefore combat loggers can be found, dupers will be stopped, it's a fine line :)

We set ours to 0, but I like the idea of 30 seconds. 

Also with the dupe issue you find that the doppelganger calls out and makes noise. This will draw people to players who log out normally. Wish this had a setting to only work with combat loggers. That would be the best way to use this feature I think. 

We set ours to 0, but I like the idea of 30 seconds. 

Also with the dupe issue you find that the doppelganger calls out and makes noise. This will draw people to players who log out normally. Wish this had a setting to only work with combat loggers. That would be the best way to use this feature I think. 

Yeah I no likey the "Ready" call out when I log.  I've never combat logged, but if I log out not knowing there is someone near....they sure know to look around now for an easy kill.   I also don't like that your avatar stands straight the heck up when yelling out "Ready"

Question is...what is worse for a server, duping or combat logging?

A better solution is one like Breaking Point's where you can't log out in a building or if you are within a certain range of another player.  Since people like to combat log inside buildings, this will at least force them to come out first.   I would expand on that by making it where you can't log within a certain distance of a structure.  Then you really wouldn't need a doppelganger.

Doppelganger is great idea but I agree it should only occur when in combat (shots fired x metres near u or zombie/player x metres near you.

60 seconds is fine if only they don't let u log in until your doppelganger has despawned..

I think that would stop all the problems :)

Yeah I no likey the "Ready" call out when I log.  I've never combat logged, but if I log out not knowing there is someone near....they sure know to look around now for an easy kill.   I also don't like that your avatar stands straight the heck up when yelling out "Ready"

Question is...what is worse for a server, duping or combat logging?

I'd rather have someone combat log than dupe. But we set our server for 30 seconds where the body will disappear. Takes longer than that to log out, and come back. So duping shouldn't be an issue.