Vehicle won't move

MindTreat

Hi.

Just last night i bought my first vehicle, just the boxer truck, nothing fancy. The server was to restart 10 minutes after, so i drove it to a warehouse and parked it, and logged out. When i came back in, i could not move the car or drive it anymore. My character gets in, i hear the engine rev up, and then the engine sound disappears and the wheels do not move around at all. But when i get out of the car, i hear the engine go off, and the brake lights switch off too. It just doesn't seem to move the wheels around, and the engine doesn't make any noise, even tho i can see exhaust and heat from the pipe when throttling. The truck has fuel and all the indicators are white as they should be. I have no idea whats going on here...

And another question, its a bit more wide, but its about ownership of vehicles. If i find a car in the wild, and i'm able to unlock it, does that mean it then belongs to my character if i relock it? Not sure how this "key" system actually works, couldn't find any good wiki on it...

Thx for reading

Yeah, I reported this issue. If you shoot the vehicle once it will work fine. I think its an issue with the game not recognizing you being there yet. Once you shoot it and it takes damage then you can interact. I have even seen it were you could take inventory out, but not get the lock/unlock option. 

Im sure it will be fixed soon. 

As for the "ownership" question. Yes, if you lock it its yours for 30 minutes (or what ever the server sets it up to restart) then it goes to anyone who unlocks it again. 

I really hope this is changed, ownership is way to short. I remember reading about an unlock kit they were working on so maybe after that is in game we will have longer lock times? 

Yea, especially after all that looting to finally get a car, and you feel you got home with a DOA product ready for RMA :D

But when you buy a car, does the ownership stay longer, or is the 30 minute (or server cfg) for every vehicle? Im just thinking that if there is only a limited time, there is no stopping ppl from shooting others when they get out of a vehicle, and then just wait 30 minutes before taking it if its locked, if you see my point.

Had the same problem.
First time I just relogged and it worked.

Then happened again but there was no way to make it work again.

Relogged, shot it, repaired it... nothing.

I didn't try bumping it with another car tho.

Luckly I've never had that issue again but I don't think it's solved.
I've just been lucky.