Some publicvariable.txt exceptions

DavyBravo

so in case your getting kicked while using admin tools or if you cant spawn vehicles using admin tools (im running bec, watchdog with server if that matters to you)

put these under whats already there

!="kgrzsenmuvarkhddctszynadrtp"

!="innauexjbobpxnbliwckwvlj"
!="gectffcgqzfshrpcbbwzwih"
!="sskpyomxvbbizgxelplnvmn"
!="xnjzlxtpakryzztcrcqlhnbzffr"
!="uunmzvzxcdduolkuzehvgfdejhypt"

maybe that will help ... im working on more

If you are getting kicks then you have not set up your server correctly. Make sure you have unblocked files (Was my only issue in Windows Server 2012)

http://obinshah.wordpress.com/2012/07/16/mass-unblock-files-remove-this-file-came-from-another-computer-warnings/

You should not have to edit any filters to get admin tools to work.

so in case your getting kicked while using admin tools or if you cant spawn vehicles using admin tools (im running bec, watchdog with server if that matters to you)

put these under whats already there

!="kgrzsenmuvarkhddctszynadrtp"

!="innauexjbobpxnbliwckwvlj"

!="gectffcgqzfshrpcbbwzwih"

!="sskpyomxvbbizgxelplnvmn"

!="xnjzlxtpakryzztcrcqlhnbzffr"

!="uunmzvzxcdduolkuzehvgfdejhypt"

maybe that will help ... im working on more

Your working on more? Ha you realise they are random don't you?

yeah i realize that now LOL ... it worked when i decided to put those in and now it doesnt ... thanks guys for your help ... ill give products link a try

edit...

i think everyone should read this http://opendayz.net/threads/a-guide-to-battleye-filters.21066/

now i just can't spawn vehicles with admin tools

doh dee doh

oh one more thing ... my server seems to be set up fine ... its seen in steam list and lan and able to join ... whats up with that?

edit ...

just checked out Rc's link http://obinshah.wordpress.com/2012/07/16/mass-unblock-files-remove-this-file-came-from-another-computer-warnings/

to unblock files ... wow i recommend to read that also ... ive had issues with that before

what im gonna do is delete all publicvariables that i have and copy and paste orginal publicvariable.txt files from my epoch download and then run server ...

edit ...

seems good except still cant spawn vehicles, watchdog shows that my publicvariable was changed ... i think that my be the problem ... i didnt change it though ... CRAZY

edit ...

i deleted an extra publicvariableevar.txt that was in watchdog init.py file (thats what was changing my publicvariable in bec window), now im able to see why i cant spawn vehicles ...

"ADMIN: Unable to spawn vehicle, no slots available" ... all systems go now

Are you starting BEC before the server is launched? In the BEC Config file, make sure you have a line like "Timeout  = 30" This way your BEC will load up and wait 30sec for the server to start before it says it can't find it and closes.

BEC and Watchdog starting before the server helped me with getting kicked for admin abilities.

Are you starting BEC before the server is launched? In the BEC Config file, make sure you have a line like "Timeout  = 30" This way your BEC will load up and wait 30sec for the server to start before it says it can't find it and closes.

BEC and Watchdog starting before the server helped me with getting kicked for admin abilities.

You need to have this kind of configuration in /arma 3 server/@EpochHive/epochAH.hpp

adminMenu_Owner[] = {{"Insert your GUID here","Insert name for Admin"}};

BEC should not have to be started before the server

You need to have this kind of configuration in /arma 3 server/@EpochHive/epochAH.hpp

You kinda missed the issue here, he is able to access the admin menu he just gets kicked for it and that is due to the publicvars being not updated correctlly by watchdog and yes starting bec before the server does seem to help.

Fixed it,

i looked through all my Config files Bec config, changed the DIR to my example C:\arma3s\SC\BattlEye and then i looked at EpochServer.ini and made sure it was the same C:\arma3s\SC\BattlEye.

my startup.bat i added "BEpath=C:\arma3s\SC\BattlEye" just to be sure . Now i can spawn n stuff again.

I have the latest BEC that was released recently, i use windows server 2012 and unblocking Bec.exe and bec.lib is a great idea.

starting order

bec

redis

server

Works fine :)

I pretty sure I read on another post one of the Devs said that BEC needs to be ran before the Epoch Server, Due to the way BEC and Watchdog will be communicating with the server. Which makes sence, since they are using a system that randomly generates a PV code, Watchdog needs to watch for the server to generate said random code.