[WIP] Building custom bases

BlackPlague_81st

Ok, so not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

a3_epoch_server_building.pbo contains the following: config.cpp and PboPrefix.txt and the init and mapedits folder (I changed it from buildings to mapedits). I put my custom map edit sqf files in the mapedits folder.

In my init folder, I have the fn_init.sqf file. When I start my server I get this error in my log:

0:55:45 Warning Message: Script x\addons\a3_epoch_server_building\init\fn_init.sqf not found

The fn_init.sqf is most definately there. Any suggestions? I tried searching for that error in this thread but it didn't find any answers.

The path in there is correct.

config.cpp is like this ?

class CfgPatches {

class A3_epoch_building {

units[] = {};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 0.1;

requiredAddons[] = {"A3_server_settings"};

};

};

class CfgFunctions {

class building {

class main {

file = "x\addons\a3_epoch_server_building\init";   //// Helped 2 others that the full path to 'mainbase.sqf' here and 1 that removed a ' }; '

class init {

postInit = 1;

};

};

};

};

I don't do any of this to get my map additions in?

Normaly u shouldend do so , yet some people may by accident altered it

But u may add some functions offcourse

All your Map modifications should be called from fn_init.sqf , i like to use map&location as name saves me from remembering what and where or wich map we running

Btw  i added a lost sunken village on the Altis map at the bay near the old greek ruins , get a sub or stop smoking and dive for fortune

config.cpp is like this ?

class CfgPatches {
        units[] = {};
        weapons[] = {};
        requiredVersion = 0.1;
    };
};
class CfgFunctions {
    class building {
        class main {
            file = "x\addons\a3_epoch_server_building\init";   //// Helped 2 others that the full path to 'mainbase.sqf' here and 1 that removed a ' }; '
            class init {
                postInit = 1;
            };
        };
    };
};

This is my config.cpp, which I got from one of the links in the first post of this thread:

class CfgPatches {
		units[] = {};
		weapons[] = {};
		requiredVersion = 0.1;
	};
};
class CfgFunctions {
	class building {
		class main {
			file = "x\addons\a3_epoch_server_building\init";
			class init {
				postInit = 1;
			};
		};
	};
};

Me the opposite just only use extractpbo and so, I know some might think its a hassle

See it this way , prefix=X\addons\a3_epoch_server_building    Where X is the root [ might be Arma 3 - root folder , or the Epochhive-folder (has also a Addons folder !!!) ]

And even then u might name it  "Is_my_villa_onAltis.pbo" as the filenames inside match inside with the files who call them

• 1 month later...

Excuse me for being a bit of a blithering idiot and lacking any skills whatsoever (blame my sig for that) 

I have used macas editor to try and create something to add into my server. However after reading this forum and laying down for sometime to get rid of the head ache i'm still no further forward as how to add them. Anyone who has used that editor will know that the script looks alot different from doing it using a3 editor. 

Could somebody please help me? 

Thank you in advance.

Excuse me for being a bit of a blithering idiot and lacking any skills whatsoever (blame my sig for that) 

I have used macas editor to try and create something to add into my server. However after reading this forum and laying down for sometime to get rid of the head ache i'm still no further forward as how to add them. Anyone who has used that editor will know that the script looks alot different from doing it using a3 editor. 

Could somebody please help me? 

Thank you in advance.

I use Notepad ++ and add the additions to the config.cpp file as it only requires very little editing, there is another way of doing it as I read somewhere that I would have to copy and paste each time there's an update to Epoch which Im ok with at the moment. 

I learn't how to do it from Suppe's advise in this

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm curious as to how you can remove buildings from the map that are already there?  Adding new ones is easy enough, but removing what is called from the map file...that's a new one for me.  Care to educate?  I'm ready to get my knowledge on!  :)

You would need to re-author the map, then have users download this as a new map... I think.

Prob a massive headache :)

I hope this may shed some light, if they have not yet seen.

• 3 weeks later...