Server Initializing, Please Wait

thooom

Question

I set up a server for ArmA 3 Epoch to try to learn how to run one, but I can't seem to be able to play on it. I am running the server on the same computer as I am playing from at the moment and I can get the server up and running and log in to the lobby in-game. When I hit ok it loads for a while unti it goes to "Server Initializing, Please Wait". And it just stays there forever.

This is what my dedicated server looks like. I am running the game through TADST while I also have redis-server on and done everything else in the install.txt file.

1:36:01 Roles assigned.
1:36:01 Reading mission ...
1:36:02 Mission read.

Any clues as to why it won't load up completely?

Also, do I need Steam to launch a server? By that I mean, could I just copy the files over to my backup computer and run the server there while playing from my main computer, or would I need two different Steam accounts, both with ArmA 3 bought and installed?

9 answers to this question

I have the same Issue, Just "ctrl+alt+delete" , force close client and rejoin server, the second time you get all the way in, or at least thats what happens with my server, this happens every restart, I am trying to find a solution, If I do manage to sort it out I will Edit this post.

Server Initializing, Please Wait is doing just that, read your RPT logs, it'll be spawning in vehicles and adding loot inside them, once completed it'll load up.

Sometimes it takes a while and the client will be kicked or the message error 02 is displayed, just rejoin and you're good to go 2nd time.

The more vehicles you've added the longer this will take.

Is Redis running?

Is the server console up and running?

It's NP to host arma3server.exe ánd play, since the server exe doesn't count as a steam account.

Yeah, I have redis running and the server console is doing fine I think, I get this output from there

1:36:01 Roles assigned.
1:36:01 Reading mission ...
1:36:02 Mission read.

I left it on for a while and this happened:

15:13:36 Mission Epoch Mod read from bank.
15:15:06 Roles assigned.
15:15:06 Reading mission ...
15:15:06 Mission read.
15:15:28 Game started.
15:19:39 Game finished.
15:19:39 Waiting for next game.
15:19:39 Mission Epoch Mod read from bank.
15:21:09 Roles assigned.
15:21:09 Reading mission ...
15:21:10 Mission read.
15:21:31 Game started.
15:25:42 Game finished.
15:25:42 Waiting for next game.
15:25:43 Mission Epoch Mod read from bank.
15:27:13 Roles assigned.
15:27:13 Reading mission ...
15:27:13 Mission read.
15:27:35 Game started.
15:31:46 Game finished.
15:31:46 Waiting for next game.

Your batch file starting your server isn't up to par, it doesn't stay running. Or one of the configs has an error.

I'd say : clean everything up, start the readme.txt and follow it line by line, using the example BAT file in there.

The mission should NEVER end !

Your batch file starting your server isn't up to par, it doesn't stay running. Or one of the configs has an error.

I'd say : clean everything up, start the readme.txt and follow it line by line, using the example BAT file in there.

The mission should NEVER end !

I'll try that I think. Just gonna install it on another computer dedicated to hosting ArmA 3 and start fresh. Is it better to not use TADST btw? And where would I set up automatic restarts?

TBH, I have a seperate rig I test on, and when I'm fully happy, I deploy to the live server. It's the best way :)

I have no experience with TADST , since I host from a private server cluster and don't need tools to do what I can simply with batch files.

If you follow the readme you will get it running, tweaking the batch files to make nice cycles etc is some advanced stuff but we can help you with that if needed.

If you follow the readme you will get it running, tweaking the batch files to make nice cycles etc is some advanced stuff but we can help you with that if needed.

Appreciate that, I'll work more on that tomorrow (just started the downloads). Dusted off my old computer and gonna test it there, I've read the spec requirements and it should be able to host decently. If not I'll get some new parts xD Gonna follow this guide   time. Cheers for all help.