Trying to add vehicles

Scaris

I have seen some topics on this but I hadn't found anything that clearly explains it so far. I am trying to add the Ifrit, Strider, and the camo offroad onto my server as I have seen others do it.

I have added them into @EpochHive\epochconfig.hpp like so:

{"B_G_Offroad_01_F",3},
{"O_MRAP_02_F",3},
{"I_MRAP_03_F",3}

I added them into createvehicle.txt in the battleeye folder. I have tried it two ways, I tried adding into an existing line and I also tried adding them as their own entry like this:

5 "" !="B_G_Offroad_01_F" !="O_MRAP_02_F" !="I_MRAP_03_F"

What happens is I either successfully log in but get a Battleye: Public Variable Restriction #0 error when trying to use the admin menu or I get a Battleye Script Restriction 20 (actually anyone does) when trying to log in once the vehicles spawn into the world (I can see them in the database).

I am pretty new to working with Arma and BE, if anyone could give me some assistance with this I would really appreciate it.

As soon as I take them back out of epochconfig.hpp the errors go away. BE isn't allowing the vehicles. I have tested that over and over. If I manually remove them from the database the errors also stop. There has to be more to it then that unless you have BE disabled.

Anyone else?

ok, new problem. After adding them even though they are in world I am getting the Public Variable 0 error again whenever I try to use the admin tools. Has anyone been able to resolve this? I really don't want to take them back out.

Figured it out!

Had to add: !="rvkzrgzjgyzgytiepgnetyur" at the end of my publicvariables.txt

It's a random code generated each restart, it's also not required, sick of telling you this :lol:

Clearly you missed a step or something is wrong or wrong path to BE, god knows but none of the filters need changing, I give up

It's a random code generated each restart, it's also not required, sick of telling you this :lol:

Clearly you missed a step or something is wrong or wrong path to BE, god knows but none of the filters need changing, I give up

You give up at what, telling me I am doing it wrong but not being helpful at all on how? You haven't given me anything helpful yet. I have added the vehicles correctly, other than syntax there is nothing you get wrong when adding them to the epoch config file. 

once the vehicles are in you cant sell them is there ant way to correct this

Sure you can, You get good money selling vehicles.

Honestly guys, go back over the install guide, I have none of these issues, BE filters don't need changed at all, you missed something along the way :)

Sure you can, You get good money selling vehicles.

Honestly guys, go back over the install guide, I have none of these issues, BE filters don't need changed at all, you missed something along the way :)

We aren't talking about BE filters, move on please. And I hate to break it to you but just because you aren't running into a problem doesn't mean one can't exist. 

This is the whole idea behind the devs doing what they did. To avoid the forums from getting clogged with "I installed so and so script and it broke Epoch, can you fix this??" threads. Give them time to get open the files a little more, They will come eventually. Because after the updates you are probably going to run into other issues with the same script.

This is the whole idea behind the devs doing what they did. To avoid the forums from getting clogged with "I installed so and so script and it broke Epoch, can you fix this??" threads. Give them time to get open the files a little more, They will come eventually. Because after the updates you are probably going to run into other issues with the same script.

That's why I asked the community here. I am not expecting the Dev's to answer me. That would be a complete waste of their time. I am not asking anyone to fix anything for me, I asking for some guidance from the community. There are those here that have gotten it working I am sure and can give me tips and show me in the right direction I am sure. As I said, I am not to working with Arma and Battleye.

However, I will not ask for any help here in the future as it seems unwelcome and my topic keeps getting hijacked.

Thanks,

Brian

So I have added this to my epochconfig.hpp

//Custom Vehicles
{"O_MRAP_02_F",5},
{"I_MRAP_03_F",5},
{"I_G_Offroad_01_F",4},
{"B_G_Offroad_01_F",4},
{"O_G_Offroad_01_F",4}

Although I am having troubles getting them to spawn. The very first time I started the server with this it spawned 1 ifrit, and 1 of the camo offroads but since then no more have spawned, and this has been like 2-3 days now with many restarts in between. Can anybody tell me why this is happening, or how the vehicle spawn system works or anything because I thought maybe it would just take a few restarts for them all to spawn but apparently this is not the case...