[Project / WIP] dayzChunks - Load Objects in a chunk style as opposed to all at once

striker

Pretty sure he is talking about some Client FPS and not Server FPS ...

Yes i meant Client FPS, Server FPS is between 35-40.

But i thought striker meant client side, since he viewed pictures which seem to use Fraps to count the FPS :D

Hey guys!

Finals week is over for me and now I have a 2 week break!  :)

Which means ill spend most of it working on scripts. Therefore, I will be opening the book on this script again to get something out to you guys so you can test it.

striker

Sounds great ! Cant wait for a first release. 

Did you had any "bad" experiences with it yet or heavy side effects using the Chunks?

How does it impact server FPS? I assume the images posted in original post is for player FPS.  As I understand it, ARMA2 has an issue with the number of objects in the mission, regardless on whether they are loaded via the mission.sqf, custom content (sqf) or from the object database.  I'm not quite sure what the magic number is, but from my own testing, a standard mission.sqf (Chernarus) with 8k objects in the database is pretty much the ceiling if you want to maintain decent server FPS.

Taking this into consideration, wouldn't the server need to have all objects loaded where there are active players?  I'd be interested to see the impact on processing this would have.  I thought it was just the number of objects in the database and scripted up an automated conversion of database objects to player content, but that didn't solve the server FPS issue, it did decrease the time required to start the server up however ;)

Very interested to see the Server FPS impact - and I say this as our player base had 17k objects (we now have two servers, a builders - 600 object build limit one and a performance one - 1 plot pole and 50 object build limit).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...