Cannot start host on port 2302

Recer75

Question

10 answers to this question

I actually don't have the game installed. I use a steam cmd command to obtaining the server files like described here from point

1-4 

Parameters: 

+login USERNAME PASSWORD +force_install_dir "C:\Arma 3" +app_update "233780 -beta" validate +quit" validate +quit

The goal is to run as light weight as possible and not use my main steam account to run the server.

I actually don't have the game installed. I use a steam cmd command to obtaining the server files like described here from point

1-4 

Parameters: 

+login USERNAME PASSWORD +force_install_dir "C:\Arma 3" +app_update "233780 -beta" validate +quit" validate +quit

The goal is to run as light weight as possible and not use my main steam account to run the server.

stmCMD doesn't install the necessary DX11 and redistributable packages. You need to install them separably, and make sure the ports are not blocked.

I got it. I changed the ip from 192.168.71.234 to 192.168.1.5

Now i have another problem. it seams like it doesn't start the right mission.

It seams like its start a vanilla arma server instead of epoch.

is my starting cmd wrong?

arma3server.exe -mod=@Epoch;@EpochHive; -config=C:\arma 3\SC\config.cfg -ip=192.168.1.5 -port=2302 -profiles=SC -cfg=C:\arma 3\SC\basic.cfg -name=SC

Edit:

I figured it out. i created a folder in SC that i caled Profiles and then i linked it in the start.cmd         

arma3server.exe -mod=@Epoch;@EpochHive; -config=C:\arma 3\SC\config.cfg -ip=192.168.1.5 -port=2302 -profiles=C:\arma 3\SC\Profiles -cfg=C:\arma 3\SC\basic.cfg -name=EpochRecer75

New problem. It seams like its possible to vote on what mission you want to start. How do i change this so it is always Epoch?

arma3server.exe -config="C:\arma 3\SC\config.cfg" -ip=192.168.1.5 -port=2302 -profiles="C:\arma 3\SC\Profiles" -cfg="C:\arma 3\SC\basic.cfg" -name=EpochRecer75 -mod=@Epoch;@EpochHive;

See the quotes?

FYI : an example is included in the server files. Use those to work from.

Sure that the " " is nesesary? The start-A3-cmd-line-example do not mention anything about it 

-mod=@Epoch;@EpochHive; -config=C:\arma3server\SC\config.cfg -ip=192.168.71.234 -port=2302 -profiles=SC -cfg=C:\arma3server\SC\basic.cfg -name=SC

anyway when i run the new cmd parameter i get BattlEye initialization failed

arma3server.exe -config="C:\arma 3\SC\config.cfg" -ip=192.168.1.5 -port=2302 -profiles="C:\arma 3\SC\Profiles" -cfg="C:\arma 3\SC\basic.cfg" -name=EpochRecer75 -mod=@Epoch;@EpochHive;

Anything OS related, requires quotes if you have folders with spaces in them

-config="C:\arma 3\SC\config.cfg" is something else as :

-config= C:\arma 3\SC\config.cfg    , since it will read C:\arma as parameter, and tries to read 3\SC\config.cfg as the next one.

Use your brains