infi**** continued - Command and control

Mike2142

I’ve been thinking about this topic for some time now and it’s hard to find a line and stick with it. So…

I’ll give you my two pence and do with it as you will.

Firstly, I have been a supporter of InifiSTAR for some time and I’m happy to pay for his antihack tools. Let’s for a second agree that he copy pasted the code from others, the work he’s done to make it easy to install and use is worth a few £££. What’s more if said copy pasted code is then used by the epoch devs well, no harm done. InfiStar should keep making tools that separate his from others if he wants to cover his costs and or make a profit. Epoch Devs will more than likely take the tools down a different road and, they have given us the ability to turn their in built tools off and use a tool of our choice.

On a side note, If “1. Servers that promote that script will be removed from the list.” is true then this is unacceptable! We should as an open community be able to show support to any Modder we like regardless of the status of any legal action that may or may not be on-going. Innocent until PROVEN guilty!

“Lets cut to the chase here MGT, your removal was long overdue.

That’s an interesting response.

Were MGT removed because they prompted infiSTAR? Or because it was long overdue? If the former, why not just say something to that effect? If the later, why not just say that? What’s more why so “overdue”? These are all questions we should be asking ourselves, they don’t really require a response.

Secondly, the Epoch Dev team have the right to protect their work, at this point I don’t feel like they have done the community any miss justice by doing so. This is an Alpha and a bloody good one at that! Without licking to much ass, Arm with the Epoch mod has and continues to be one of the best games out there.

That aside the question should still be asked, IF the leaked servers files had not been released would Epoch be open to both the community hosters add official server hosts? We’ll likely never know, but consider this. If leaked files had been allowed to continue, control over the mod would have been diminished. Leaked files were both good and bad for the community. Just some food for thought.

Lastly this whole infiSTAR (for lack of a better word) shit should be resolved offline! To be frank it makes both parties look petty and disloyal.

Two questions I would like to ask from Axle and his team are as follows:

What is the official relationship with the official server hosters?

What is the Official future of modding the server files?

Axle, remember that we have supported you for an age now, I don’t think asking for transparency is a bad thing. Even more important when you’re asking for votes for MOD of the year.

Wow that when on longer than it needed to!

Yes we was removed because we run infiSTAR. There is a lot that you guys dont know about and this post and thread will prob get removed. They've threatened us from the beginning for using infiSTAR. Yes ive seen all the chats. We blatantly told them we will only run infiSTAR and we told our community that they have threatened to remove us for it. I've used both antihacks and we was the first Epoch server to be running an antihack and it was infiSTAR. There was no antihack from the devs at that time. But we are made out to be the bad ones here.

^Pretty much the same with the Legion community as well, which there was about 20+ of us that made up a fair chunk of Mell's server on the daily, prior to hosting up our own server, which is now consistently full up and promoting epoch just as much as some of these other official servers. Yet without warning, a conversation, or even a heads up on whats going on - Our server was removed from the list, and the thread locked. I think it's pretty damn childish, all because we choose to use a different AH, and admin panel when they give us the option to turn copypastakid's off to begin with. It doesn't really make much sense.

They are going to tear apart their own community from the inside out, all over stubborn pride and a couple of half-cocked god complexes..

Its a community's decision to purchase an antihack for their servers. Epoch Devs you had no problem with his arma 2 antihack but it now seems to be war between his a3antihack which has been around way before epoch mod, and your own antihack. If his is better (one of you pointed out that yours is so broken so how could you have stolen infis code) then why are you against people using it to protect their servers, I suppose you don't care about hackers and scripters I assume, otherwise you would not ban entire communities for using it.

So what if it kicks you when you join, are you telling me that you don't have other servers to play on? From this then I can only assume that you must be snooping around peoples servers in order to find them and ban them from this website. There are servers without the antihack, go play on them if you would like. This is like a community admin banning a player, they have the right to as it is their community...

MGT was removed from the official host list because none of us can connect to the server due to being blacklisted in their AH. Official servers are held to a higher standard and if we cannot join them how can we make sure everything functioning as it should.

About unofficial/approved community servers, If we cannot connect to your server then we cannot validate the server to allow it to be advertised on our site.

If his is better (one of you pointed out that yours is so broken so how could you have stolen infis code) then why are you against people using it to protect their servers

This is a good point and again some clarity on this would be nice.

Why after a long and healthy relationship with epoch and arma are you taking away the communities choice to use infiSTAR because of your (seemingly) personal dislike for him? Whatever those reasons are! As a community dev project should you not be letting the community make up their mind?

If his is better (one of you pointed out that yours is so broken so how could you have stolen infis code) then why are you against people using it to protect their servers

This is a good point and again some clarity on this would be nice.

Why after a long and healthy relationship with epoch and arma are you taking away the communities choice to use infiSTAR because of your (seemingly) personal dislike for him? Whatever those reasons are! As a community dev project should you not be letting the community make up their mind?

The actual quote you are looking for is: "Also don't you think if we stole it more of it would be working".

MGT was removed from the official host list because none of us can connect to the server due to being blacklisted in the there AH. Official servers are held to a higher standard and if we cannot join them how we cannot make sure everything functioning as it should.

About unofficial/approved community servers, If we cannot connect to your server then we cannot validate the server to allow it to be advertised on our site.

You could of asked them to delete them out for you. Hey you don't see me getting all upset about my id in the blacklist. What yous have done to MGT is just fucked sorry.  

MGT was removed from the official host list because none of us can connect to the server due to being blacklisted in the there AH. Official servers are held to a higher standard and if we cannot join them how we cannot make sure everything functioning as it should.

About unofficial/approved community servers, If we cannot connect to your server then we cannot validate the server to allow it to be advertised on our site

So blacklist us without warning, or even giving us a chance to remove the blacklist? It isn't that hard to do.

You guys just went apeshit before anyone had a chance to get their footing in all this. If you guys weren't in the wrong, i promise you that this many people wouldn't be so mad right now.

Thank you vbawol for your reply however, that only answers one question.

The relationship you have with the Official Servers and your need to lock down your serer files has brought the integrity of the Epoch mod into question. The fighting with a well-respected modder has only exacerbated this mistrust.

Trust is important! A hard truth that Eve Online (among other games) learnt back in 2011, when their integrity as a game developer was brought into question.

Help us help you (if you haven’t already)!

I think the answer to these questions will speak volumes to who you guys are as Devs and the direction of the Epoch mod.

Many thanks.

So blacklist us without warning, or even giving us a chance to remove the blacklist? It isn't that hard to do.

You guys just went apeshit before anyone had a chance to get their footing in all this. If you guys weren't in the wrong, i promise you that this many people wouldn't be so mad right now.

pr0dukt I appreciate your passion but I don’t what to get bogged down with this! They have explained and regardless of the outcome then Ban is final!

Wrong or right you’re not going to overturn turn the decision here.

So because he explained after the fact, that makes it okay? lol good point there.

Your thread, have at it there captain.

Again pr0dukt, I didn't ask him to make it right or ok, that's not my place or business.

I asked for an explanation. How we feel about their reasons good or bad is on us not them!

Two questions I would like to ask from Axle and his team are as follows:

Axle, remember that we have supported you for an age now, I don’t think asking for transparency is a bad thing. Even more important when you’re asking for votes for MOD of the year.

Wow that when on longer than it needed to!

The official hosters are here to help us develop the mod while allowing their community to experience what we have to offer. This includes reporting issues and providing feedback on the features we are working on. 

The Official future of modding goes like this. Right now for Alpha/Beta the CRC will be in place to prevent modding of our files. Also the obfuscation will be removed as well. These locks should be lifted once the mod goes "Gold" or Version 1.0 live.

I agree that transparency isn't bad at all. In the end the mod will be just about as open as DayZ: Epoch is.

Maybe you should direct some of your anger towards the developer you hired to protect your server....Inshltar.  Did he include his blacklisting of all Epoch Devs(and Dwarden as an extra bonus?) in the changelogs?

I highly doubt it.  He essentially used YOUR servers as a vehicle for his own vendetta. /shrug.

Maybe you should direct some of your anger towards the developer you hired to protect your server....Inshltar.  Did he include his blacklisting of all Epoch Devs(and Dwarden as an extra bonus?) in the changelogs?

I highly doubt it.  He essentially used YOUR servers as a vehicle for his own vendetta. /shrug.

Coming from an expert in what? modelling? STFU

Why does this matter, CCG is not listed as an official community, it's their decision who plays on their privately owned servers.

server owners and community cry that they dont want to wait to host files
awol give's files early way before planned .5 when it would of been stable
devs now have there uncompleted mod out and still need stable unmodded servers to test on (infistar is a mod)
so they lock it down so they can test it
community qq's over not being able to fully mod there servers even though we all know the mod is in early development.

seriously guys there not black listing your server (which in the future i reckon they put something in place to do that (you can thank ccg zr and other item shop servers)) there just removing your listings from the forum's since your servers will not  be able to give un-modded bug reports . chill out wait a few months and youll be able to add ya ai missions and fuel station re arm's.

EDIT: tl;dr we are still tester's deal with it

Did you not consider the possibility that infiSTAR may have added those bans as protection against potential intrusion via an Epoch backdoor?

Especially considering how your DLL file - which is closed source - has the ability to execute code on our servers?

To put it bluntly, we were removed from official server status because we didn't brown nose the devs with gushing praise 24/7.

We were honest, forthright about bugs and straight talking.

Like axle said it was due, yes, we didn't have our tongues rammed deep so we were due for the chop.

Devs, I used to respect you for the work you did, then we became official hosts and that respect diminished day by day to this point.

Now a very large proportion of the community think you've gone too far, you have, take a step back for a moment and realise you've written a mod for a game, not the Bible part 2 or a new encyclopedia or a cure for world famine.

Its gone to your heads.

MGT was removed from the official host list because none of us can connect to the server due to being blacklisted in their AH. Official servers are held to a higher standard and if we cannot join them how can we make sure everything functioning as it should.

About unofficial/approved community servers, If we cannot connect to your server then we cannot validate the server to allow it to be advertised on our site.

Bullshit, was I not trying to sort it with you Aaron? But whatever, I'm done.

To put it bluntly, we were removed from official server status because we didn't brown nose the devs with gushing praise 24/7.

We were honest, forthright about bugs and straight talking.

Like axle said it was due, yes, we didn't have our tongues rammed deep so we were due for the chop.

Devs, I used to respect you for the work you did, then we became official hosts and that respect diminished day by day to this point.

Now a very large proportion of the community think you've gone too far, you have, take a step back for a moment and realise you've written a mod for a game, not the Bible part 2 or a new encyclopedia or a cure for world famine.

Its gone to your heads.

I think this has gone to YOUR heads as well. 

This was pretty much inevitable, you were trolling the devs (or being "honest" as you put it) and once they got trolled enough, they took action.

And now you are here holding your hands up claiming you're innocent little lambs representing the "large portion of the community" or the 99% as you put it in your reddit-drama-llama-thread.