infi****

Stranger

So, i do not use infi**** but i got some more question about servers that using this script...

What happens to the server? Are they Blacklistet in the Multiplayer Server List?

What happens to the Admins? Are legal Action placed against Admins

Why is the mission file encrypted? Is there anything nobody should see?

I think you guys do a pretty hard job on making this mod, but i dont want you to be EA soon.

If this fight will not stop soon, and we are not that free as before on Arma 2 Epoch (Mods, no encrypted files etc.) i will stop putting my money in a Server to make this popular.

Give us more information! Clear words are better then just simple statements. 

It is time for a complete Statement from you Epoch Developers.

Greetings

I know absolutely nothing and have no relationship with the dev team, so take anything I say with a grain of salt. The whole infiii thing has to do with the guy stealing intellectual work from the epoch devs and then monetizing it. I'm not sure exactly what will happen to these servers and their admins, but they are indeed taking legal action against you know who. "Because of this we will be seeking legal action". Based on this "Posts on the forum about infiStar are no longer welcome nor will any server advertisements that have infiStar branding. TLDR version: InfiStar is blacklisted from our community." I would say that nothing will be happening to these servers/admins right now, but in the future when legal action is taken, they may issue a cease and desist to anybody running the blacklisted program. The mission file is not encrypted.

So, i do not use infi**** but i got some more question about servers that using this script...

What happens to the server? Are they Blacklistet in the Multiplayer Server List?

What happens to the Admins? Are legal Action placed against Admins

Why is the mission file encrypted? Is there anything nobody should see?

I think you guys do a pretty hard job on making this mod, but i dont want you to be EA soon.

If this fight will not stop soon, and we are not that free as before on Arma 2 Epoch (Mods, no encrypted files etc.) i will stop putting my money in a Server to make this popular.

Give us more information! Clear words are better then just simple statements. 

It is time for a complete Statement from you Epoch Developers.

Greetings

1. Servers that promote that script will be removed from the list.

2. They are taking legal action against the author of that script.

3. Epoch code has been stolen and modified previously, they are protecting their IP - there's plenty of things you still can do to make your own version of Epoch.

The fact that Epoch is developed under a completely different license to DayZ:Epoch seems to elude a lot of people, and it seems like some of you need to be reminded under what license this mod is under.

I dont know what i should believe right now:

http://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/2oi8jy/epoch_developers_vs_their_own_community/

I am awaiting a clear answer from the Epochmod Devs...

We brought you guys that far with Supporting your Mod, paying a shitload of Money each month for Servers, reporting Bugs and working all day Long in the files to bring the best experience to the Users.

And now i See the Chatlog between AWOL and MGT? Also the DLL injection? WTF you guys breaking German Laws too! Where is anything that tells me, that something gets changed on my server remotely? Where and wich Data gets to who?

Its getting out of hands Right now.

Copied from my Reddit post:

You are crying wolf over nothing. The server files are only locked down during the development process to prevent anyone stealing their code during the MANW competition. It also helps speed the development time since folks adding tons of third party scripts to their servers would only lengthen the debugging process as issues arise. The mod is still in Alpha after all. The Epoch team has said many times that they will open the files up little by little as development progresses and the contest is over.

Copied from my Reddit post:

You are crying wolf over nothing. The server files are only locked down during the development process to prevent anyone stealing their code during the MANW competition. It also helps speed the development time since folks adding tons of third party scripts to their servers would only lengthen the debugging process as issues arise. The mod is still in Alpha after all. The Epoch team has said many times that they will open the files up little by little as development progresses and the contest is over.

This. I was looking for this post to quote about how they will opening the files up as time goes on but I couldn't find it.

so much butthurt. here and there...

Anyway.. i like this game and i hope that what ever... "rules" etc has nothing to do with making a great game, god sake we have DLC now im not fucking happy about that because i think when i buy something i deserve what comes with it allways. "patches" But making these DLC costs money no less... and feels sad to say this but game companies today strive for making asmuch Bucks on a Decided Dev time, and releasing it no matter what!..

gameplay = win/fail

The rest... internal disputes

The only thing that concerns me is the allegation of the DLL injection.  The rest of it I'm willing to chalk up to a professional disagreement and move on, because it doesn't really affect us users much at the end of the day. And the who stole what from who argument will probably never be solved.  It will go to court or possibly even arbitration and then a settlement will be made (if it even gets that far), the details of which will likely be sealed and that's the end of it.  As of now, I'd trust the Epoch team way more than Infistar anyways, just because of his past.   

The only thing that concerns me is the allegation of the DLL injection.  The rest of it I'm willing to chalk up to a professional disagreement and move on, because it doesn't really affect us users much at the end of the day. And the who stole what from who argument will probably never be solved.  It will go to court or possibly even arbitration and then a settlement will be made (if it even gets that far), the details of which will likely be sealed and that's the end of it.  As of now, I'd trust the Epoch team way more than Infistar anyways, just because of his past.   

Yes because we make more than enough money. We don't have to worry about silly laws that can ruin our futures....

In no way are we trying to break any laws or do anything illegal.

so much butthurt. here and there...

Anyway.. i like this game and i hope that what ever... "rules" etc has nothing to do with making a great game, god sake we have DLC now im not fucking happy about that because i think when i buy something i deserve what comes with it allways. "patches" But making these DLC costs money no less... and feels sad to say this but game companies today strive for making asmuch Bucks on a Decided Dev time, and releasing it no matter what!..

gameplay = win/fail

The rest... internal disputes

As nice as it would be to make a living off of this mod I'd much rather get some new map support in and stop this nonsense high school BS. Can has payed vacation?

Not throwing stones here, Axle.  I'm on board with you guys.  You have my utmost respect.  I don't have the patience to do what you guys do.  That and the fact that my ADD won't let me.  lol!  :)

I just wish people knew that we aren't here to play big brother or steal or be the bad guy. We are just here to make a mod we like playing. Didn't think we might have to hire a legal team...... 

Wohoooo Axle, calm down. Why so upset? Because i ask you for a reply?

I did not put the "...making a shitload of money..." thing anywhere in here. I just want a answer to my questions.

Will read your Post right now...but before that:

I would pay for a Server file licence. Just to make my Point clear. And i am also a Donator...this should Show you who i am supporting and what i think about making money.

Yes because we make more than enough money. We don't have to worry about silly laws that can ruin our futures....

In no way are we trying to break any laws or do anything illegal.

i believe so, and for what its worth who would risk losing their playerbase (income). when its all about making a solid mod, so far i think the build up is wonderful!

ones own sets of dedication to make this mod and hoping for a steady pay is what every man does. and rightfully so!

<-- im a swede a bit drunk atm! but i stand by my words.. misspelled or grammar misshaps. :)

Wohoooo Axle, calm down. Why so upset? Because i ask you for a reply?

I did not put the "...making a shitload of money..." thing anywhere in here. I just want a answer to my questions.

Will read your Post right now...but before that:

I would pay for a Server file licence. Just to make my Point clear. And i am also a Donator...this should Show you who i am supporting and what i think about making money.

[–]EpochMod 4 points

20 minutes ago  

Lets get some things straight. First about us taking money from GSP's so they can be first. That's false, they were given a few hours head start as a thank you for providing us with dedicated servers that we needed for testing.

Second we stole infistars work... False we have been working on our own for nearly a year. Also don't you think if we stole it more of it would be working.... and then there is the fact that he has no real proof or time stamps as to who did what first, just some doctored up pics. Lets not point out the fact that his UI looked nothing like it did until he got his hands on our files. Then lets forget the fact that he's used our code, or that he used our filters.

We on the other hand have proof of what happened when. So lets not start throwing stones Chris.

We make ZERO profit from this and in no way commercialize it. We do this work because we want to build something we can enjoy. If you guys enjoy it too then that's great and what drives us to continue making it something special.

We are not in the game to make a living off of you guys and never have been. We decided to start working on Arma 3 well before the contest was started. ALL of our work is our own and will continue to be, besides the obvious A2 portable stuff.

Finally. We will not support a thief that makes a living by profiting off of something you have already payed for. You bought the game, you own it. You shouldn't have to invest any more money into it. I find it amazing that you guys are so willing to support some one who has in the past hacked willingly, stolen and then preys on your weakness to profit. While we have done nothing but stuck to our guns, done what is right and supported you all by giving you our work so you guys can enjoy it.

I just wish people knew that we aren't here to play big brother or steal or be the bad guy. We are just here to make a mod we like playing. Didn't think we might have to hire a legal team...... 

I believe that the core of your community knows that full well.  But the issue you're going to have with some people is that you can only be transparent to a certain degree.  We're talking about proprietary stuff here that you guys have spent literally thousands of hours making.  Some things you can share with the public as to how it works and why it works that way and other things you just can't without risking someone else copying your work.  I think there will be some folks in the community who will want to see more info and details than you guys can share, and therein will be the problem.  Some people will never be satisfied regardless of what you say or how you present it.  But the majority will be able to see through the BS at the end of the day, and those are the people who matter.  :) 

So much drama! Lots of allegations thrown in here. As much as it sucks for the servers hosting Epoch with Infistar.

What would you have done if you were the developers of a mod and you would be banned from all server hosting this Infistar antihack? This alone in an alpha is enough to make official claims for not supporting such an anti hack.

Because we chose/choose to run an alternative antihack to the inbuilt one so we can update it ourselves when new threats arise, my server was removed from the official list in my absence, when I returned home and rectified everything as per their requests they've gone silent now.

I've tried to reason with Awol and Sequisha to rectify this but they've been very vague, after a period of no response I went onto the Epoch TS and asked Axle in his capacity as, and I quote from the readme in client files "Kenneth Bente - Axle - Public Relations"

I was then told that it's public relations, not server admin relations.

I'm passed the point of caring and I could care less if you don't return me to official status, but your issue with infiSTAR isn't mine, or my communities.

This is a snippet of the attitude of the developers i've had to deal with (by all means delete this post but it will go up on our Facebook and forum)

[28/11/2014 23:56:42] Sequisha:  and i question why infistars cock is so fucking far down your throat
[28/11/2014 23:56:50] Sequisha: leads to a lot of legit questions

Because we chose/choose to run an alternative antihack to the inbuilt one so we can update it ourselves when new threats arise, my server was removed from the official list in my absence, when I returned home and rectified everything as per their requests they've gone silent now.

I've tried to reason with Awol and Sequisha to rectify this but they've been very vague, after a period of no response I went onto the Epoch TS and asked Axle in his capacity as, and I quote from the readme in client files "Kenneth Bente - Axle - Public Relations"

I was then told that it's public relations, not server admin relations.

I'm passed the point of caring and I could care less if you don't return me to official status, but your issue with infiSTAR isn't mine, or my communities.

This is a snippet of the attitude of the developers i've had to deal with (by all means delete this post but it will go up on our Facebook and forum)

Lets cut to the chase here MGT, your removal was long overdue.