Weapons not working

Mat43

Question

Hi all.

I have just noticed that on my server, that when you buy a weapon from a trader, you can not use it. This included. looking down the scope, shooting and no crosshair appears like it usually would. Also when I buy the the gun and try to give my self ammo via Infistar tools it does not work. Its like the game does not register that I have a weapon.

It is the same for all guns from all traders.

please help.

Cheers

3 answers to this question

1st step is debugging.

To figure out whats going on exactly you have to check 2 files:

(Client Log file)

C:\Users\YOURPROFILE\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\arma2oa.RPT

(Server Log file)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\instance_13_Tavi\arma2oaserver.RPT

Delete both files...so they are clean of previous errors.

Start you server and join with your client and repeat what you just did with the weapons problem.

Open your gear as well to see if you see an actual weapon there. Opening the gear should bring 'what the database sees' as well.

Then check both log files, at the bottom lines and see if you have any errors and report back.

I am having the same problem and I dont see a error for what is causing this. I have a post up on the forum about this. clean install using zupa's coin 3.0 pbos

I put the pbos in and i can join server. when you buy a weapon you have to drop it on the ground  then  pick it back up and then it will work.