Should players be stopped from going back to where they died?

MethodFud

People coming back for the bodies makes long and interesting fights for groups. Learn how to handle it and don't judge by a single event.

Read the thread. Said this happens often and you seem to forget that people in small groups or by themselves don't stand a chance.

It looks like I'm the only one to agree with OP - or at least to some degree.

I don't think people shouldn't be "allowed" to go back to their dead bodies, but I'd like to see some measures being implemented to delay people from doing so. What I've been thinking about suggesting to the developers is a slightly different spawn model than the one currently in place: When you interact with a hatch in the spawn-island you are not teleported to a fixed location on the map (aka safe zone), but rather a more random location.

To clarify, if you want to go to Kavala, you would pick the left hatch and then be teleported to the Safe Zone near Syrta. This is the way it works now. What I'm suggesting is that if you pick the left hatch, you will be teleported in a random location on the west side of the map. It could be near Zaros, near Kore, or near Abdera - all of which are in the west and relatively near your desired destination. Similarly, picking the right hatch could perhaps take you near Chalkeia, near Sofia, or near Rodopoli.

This has many benefits in my opinion:

1. It reduces people from doing post-mortem plans before they die. If you know where you will spawn once you die, you can easily plan ahead and take riskier decisions, or re-equip lost gear within minutes if conditions allow.
  2. It prevents spawn-camping. If people are more scattered across the map, spawn-campers will have less targets to kill, and thus discourage them from doing it in the first place.
  3. It gives new-spawns a greater chance of finding gear. If people are spawn in different locations, the competition between them to find loot will be greatly reduced.
  4. Reduces activity in "hot-spots" (which are usually death-traps) and increases activity in otherwise "dead" parts of the map for a more diverse gameplay.

Introduce a 60-second respawn timer and along with the above, the issue you mention should be mitigated quite well.

Just my 2 cents.

If the if statement isn't enough then you would just create a class for this type of situation.

You have to understand that, this involves code and you can practically do anything with code. It can be written, it can be done.

And the current system you speak of disadantages small groups or players by themselves. So no its not great and it is flawed. No matter how you look at it 2 players will never beat 4 players if they can just keep coming back.

Obviously you haven't done much programming..

Anyway, this is a survival game, not your standard FPS. 2 players can easily survive 4 player group: if you manage to kill one, they will most likely protect the body and you can get away.

Obviously you haven't done much programming..

Anyway, this is a survival game, not your standard FPS. 2 players can easily survive 4 player group: if you manage to kill one, they will most likely protect the body and you can get away.

It looks like I'm the only one to agree with OP - or at least to some degree.

I don't think people shouldn't be "allowed" to go back to their dead bodies, but I'd like to see some measures being implemented to delay people from doing so. What I've been thinking about suggesting to the developers is a slightly different spawn model than the one currently in place: When you interact with a hatch in the spawn-island you are not teleported to a fixed location on the map (aka safe zone), but rather a more random location.

To clarify, if you want to go to Kavala, you would pick the left hatch and then be teleported to the Safe Zone near Syrta. This is the way it works now. What I'm suggesting is that if you pick the left hatch, you will be teleported in a random location on the west side of the map. It could be near Zaros, near Kore, or near Abdera - all of which are in the west and relatively near your desired destination. Similarly, picking the right hatch could perhaps take you near Chalkeia, near Sofia, or near Rodopoli.

This has many benefits in my opinion:

1. It reduces people from doing post-mortem plans before they die. If you know where you will spawn once you die, you can easily plan ahead and take riskier decisions, or re-equip lost gear within minutes if conditions allow.
  2. It prevents spawn-camping. If people are more scattered across the map, spawn-campers will have less targets to kill, and thus discourage them from doing it in the first place.
  3. It gives new-spawns a greater chance of finding gear. If people are spawn in different locations, the competition between them to find loot will be greatly reduced.
  4. Reduces activity in "hot-spots" (which are usually death-traps) and increases activity in otherwise "dead" parts of the map for a more diverse gameplay.

Introduce a 60-second respawn timer and along with the above, the issue you mention should be mitigated quite well.

Just my 2 cents.

That would be a great idea.

1- You shouldn't have tried to loot the bodies until you killed the other 2 members of said group.

2- Learn that once you kill a member of a group the others are going to try and get revenge and protect dead persons gear. I think you excepted, hey good shot please come on over and take my friends gear...

3- Learn to not engage a group when you are out numbered 4 to 1...

4-  Learn that if you less than 3k from spawn, they are going to run back to try and recover their gear. I bet you did the same thing after you were killed...