Should players be stopped from going back to where they died?

MethodFud

Sorry for the long read

I was playing on a server and i noticed 4 guys running through a field, all armed and grouped up. I get on a hill mith my MXM (only had iron sights) and i managed to kill two them, before they got to cover.

As i was waiting for the other two to pop their heads up the two i killed were running back. They had no idea where i was so i was relucant to shoot at them. However they both managed to get back to their dead bodys to pick up their guns and it went from 1 vs 2 to 1 vs 4 again. I tried killing them, but as soon as i opened fired one of the guys who was hiding popped up and killed me.

This seems to happy frequently in epoch and i was wondering, if it is was possible to stop palyers from returning to their bodys so quickly?

Maybe a 600 meter radius around their dead body and if they enter it, it just keeps teleporting them to the edge of the radius? And if the radius covers a spawn point they should be blocked from spawning at that spawn point?

Just wanted to see what you guys thought on this?

Cheers

maybe stop camping spawn locations and you won't have this problem....

I wasn't camping anything. I was looting in Neochori and i heard some gunfire in the forest north east of the town. Went up to check it out and noticed those flock of guys running around.

Feel free to contribute, instead of having silly assumptions.

so you were playing the game and then saw 4 people playing the game. so you played your game and they had to re think theirs. and when they did your game ended? wheres the problem?

Well they should not be allowed to come back. They died, they should have to wait 10 minutes or something before returning to the area. If they hadn't come back i would have might have been able to kill the other two players and been able to get their loot, however the two guys who returned affected the gameplay and the out come. If big groups can just keep returning, it wrecks it for players by themselves or who are in smaller groups.

Well they should not be allowed to come back. They died, they should have to wait 10 minutes or something before returning to the area. If they hadn't come back i would have might have been able to kill the other two players and been able to get their loot, however the two guys who returned affected the gameplay and the out come. If big groups can just keep returning, it wrecks it for players by themselves or who are in smaller groups.

This is DM, not role-play. Cant handle the PVP then play minecraft........

This is DM, not role-play. Cant handle the PVP then play minecraft........

Well the game is meant to be fairly realistic and players constantly coming back does destroy the atmosphere and that victory feeling.

Thanks for the recommendation for minecraft, however i have tried to play it before and it wasn't a game for me.

Well the game is meant to be fairly realistic and players constantly coming back does destroy the atmosphere and that victory feeling.

Thanks for the recommendation for minecraft, however i have tried to play it before and it wasn't a game for me.

This is caused by being able to pick your spawn point. DayZ Epoch handled this so that your spawn point was random so it distributed big groups often on different sides of the map.

Arma 3 Epoch almost every feature makes it easier to play in big groups. in many ways it makes fights more epic, and i would advice you guys to make your group bigger.

This is hard though because it's hard to find likeminded players that have common goals and common ways of going about with communication.

maybe stop camping spawn locations and you won't have this problem....

I only installed the Mod today and my first 3 spawns I was killed running from the compound that I teleported to.The forth time I I wasn't killed after spawning,I logged on to an empty server.

I dont know who came up with this spawn system,but it can only be described as some one having a brain fart.

Griefers and trolls must think this is the best Mod ever

Another thing is, the players who die and come back sometimes don't go for their gun they will just sprint around til they find you and run over to you and run around in circles so their mates know where you are and can get a fix on you

This is caused by being able to pick your spawn point. DayZ Epoch handled this so that your spawn point was random so it distributed big groups often on different sides of the map.

Arma 3 Epoch almost every feature makes it easier to play in big groups. in many ways it makes fights more epic, and i would advice you guys to make your group bigger.

This is hard though because it's hard to find likeminded players that have common goals and common ways of going about with communication.

True, but like you said it is hard to find other players.

Lots of Epoch servers don't have side chat either so it makes it very hard.

i think you might be looking for too much realism without thinking what others might not find acceptable.

at that point we have life.

ANNOYING NON-REALNESnESS in DAYZ EPOCH + A3 EPOCH<sp?>

+ Killing someone who is then able to spawn back in with PERFECT knowledge of every weapon and vehicle on the island.

+ Being killed and still knowing your lock box, safe codes and door codes. your dead. wtf?

+ 3rd Person

+ FIXING A C130 WITH SCRAP METAL, yet the lada [car] requires more parts to fix? [just wow A2]

+ Monsters that stalk you based on "smell/hygeine" what ever its called yet have no concept of how bad a bullet wound to the gut is gunna smell. and while were here. being sprayed by LMG bullets and using a first aid kit to heal. not real. never happened like that. ever.

+ CARRYING A CINDER BLOCK WALL!?!?!?!?

+ magical air that desolves bullets around traders. unless you happen to be in a vehicle and the bullets enter from outside the magic air zone.

+ A GAJILLION high powered sniper rifles and precision machined equipment, but no mechanical grease to prevent mechanical seizure? we have two types of fuel can and 2 types of cola substitute not to mention atleast 4 maps featuring deserts... [DayZ Epoch]

+ A gun that beats a vehicle back in to working condition / revives dead things / does your tax return ...[sorry but not liking this in A3Epoch]

+ despite the fact we have Hooded emos and armless things running about there are NO signs of an apocalypse. it could be anywhere in Essex on a sunday morning. buildings would have literally been eaten by climbers and creeping weeds without taking in to account what caused the apocalypse. unless it was nanobots. and if it was they weren't very effective...

yet despite all of these i have laughed, fumbled, ran, screamed and trolled my way through one of the most fun and exciting mods since TFC 1.6

This post is brought to you after severe lack of sleep and a GTX Gaming customer support response of:

"Well the internet does do strange things at 5am"

If you are 1 to 4 and manage to kill 2 of them, the next logical step for you would be to GTFO.

This ain't CoD. When you are outnumbered, your best bet is to run away.

Well no, they were out in a open field with just a few trees and little rock walls for safety. I had the high ground and was able to move around freely while they were pinned down.

Besides, you're missing the point of this whole thread, we are not disucussing the fight, but dead players returning. Please read the entire thread before posting spam.

i think you might be looking for too much realism without thinking what others might not find acceptable.

at that point we have life.

ANNOYING NON-REALNESnESS in DAYZ EPOCH + A3 EPOCH<sp?>

+ Killing someone who is then able to spawn back in with PERFECT knowledge of every weapon and vehicle on the island.

+ Being killed and still knowing your lock box, safe codes and door codes. your dead. wtf?

+ 3rd Person

+ FIXING A C130 WITH SCRAP METAL, yet the lada [car] requires more parts to fix? [just wow A2]

+ Monsters that stalk you based on "smell/hygeine" what ever its called yet have no concept of how bad a bullet wound to the gut is gunna smell. and while were here. being sprayed by LMG bullets and using a first aid kit to heal. not real. never happened like that. ever.

+ CARRYING A CINDER BLOCK WALL!?!?!?!?

+ magical air that desolves bullets around traders. unless you happen to be in a vehicle and the bullets enter from outside the magic air zone.

+ A GAJILLION high powered sniper rifles and precision machined equipment, but no mechanical grease to prevent mechanical seizure? we have two types of fuel can and 2 types of cola substitute not to mention atleast 4 maps featuring deserts... [DayZ Epoch]

+ A gun that beats a vehicle back in to working condition / revives dead things / does your tax return ...[sorry but not liking this in A3Epoch]

+ despite the fact we have Hooded emos and armless things running about there are NO signs of an apocalypse. it could be anywhere in Essex on a sunday morning. buildings would have literally been eaten by climbers and creeping weeds without taking in to account what caused the apocalypse. unless it was nanobots. and if it was they weren't very effective...

yet despite all of these i have laughed, fumbled, ran, screamed and trolled my way through one of the most fun and exciting mods since TFC 1.6

This post is brought to you after severe lack of sleep and a GTX Gaming customer support response of:

"Well the internet does do strange things at 5am"

When did i ask for any of those things? You're missing my point Brillo.

Just a simple lock out for dead players is all im putting forward here. Just so the battle can go on uninterrupted by a player who died. Hell even if the time out expires and the battle is still going they can return, as long as its not over and over again.

no you asked to be allowed to loot in peace and to not allow players to return to the scene of the crime despite the "players" actually being called "clones" and their being a whole mechansim in a3Epoch already to try and reduce this behaviour [look up krypto]. my list was of things I thought were hideously un-real and broke the feeling of realness that your lock out timer is trying to provide. im meerly saying its part of the game.

no you asked to be allowed to loot in peace and to not allow players to return to the scene of the crime despite the "players" actually being called "clones" and their being a whole mechansim in a3Epoch already to try and reduce this behaviour [look up krypto]. my list was of things I thought were hideously un-real and broke the feeling of realness that your lock out timer is trying to provide. im meerly saying its part of the game.

I never asked to loot in peace.

Going to stop this little disagreement between us, as its clear we both have to different ideas about the mod. So lets agree to disagree.

you shouldn't of been looting right next to a spawn you know this could happen and it did so you came here to complain about how you died.

maybe it should be when a player dies he can no longer play on that server until it restarts or say fuck it, it's just a game.  

Thats stupid.

you shouldn't of been looting right next to a spawn you know this could happen and it did so you came here to complain about how you died.

This has been going on for weeks. I used to have a base south of rodopoli and players were running the 3k's from spawn back to the base to get their stuff back. 

This has just been the first time i thought i'd bring it up and see what other players thought.

Well no, they were out in a open field with just a few trees and little rock walls for safety. I had the high ground and was able to move around freely while they were pinned down.

Besides, you're missing the point of this whole thread, we are not disucussing the fight, but dead players returning. Please read the entire thread before posting spam.

"I tried killing them, but as soon as i opened fired one of the guys who was hiding popped up and killed me."

So much for the high ground and all that. Just admit it. You weren't able to finish them off before they returned to their bodies.

And being able to return and recover your gear is the benefit of being in a group. When you go down,

your friends can cover your body for 5 mins and you are back.

Now consider this: what if they had killed you, but then there would be some magic wall preventing those respawned guys getting their gear.

Those still alive would have to drop their gear, go and loot the bodies, give the gear to the respawned guys, and get their own gear back.

Quit a hassle for something that does not solve a problem that does not even exist.

"Maybe a radius of 5 meters and if they enter it, it just keeps teleporting them to the edge of the radius they entered? And if the radius covers a spawn point they should be blocked from spawning at that spawn point?"

"Well they should not be allowed to come back. They died, they should have to wait 10 minutes or something before returning to the area. If they hadn't come back i would have might have been able to kill the other two players and been able to get their loot,"

MethodFud - "I never asked to loot in peace."

LTFOL.

and for the record this has been happening since DayZ Vanilla, not just your few weeks in rodopoli. get on with the game.

"I tried killing them, but as soon as i opened fired one of the guys who was hiding popped up and killed me."

So much for the high ground and all that. Just admit it. You weren't able to finish them off before they returned to their bodies.

And being able to return and recover your gear is the benefit of being in a group. When you go down,

your friends can cover your body for 5 mins and you are back.

Now consider this: what if they had killed you, but then there would be some magic wall preventing those respawned guys getting their gear.

Those still alive would have to drop their gear, go and loot the bodies, give the gear to the respawned guys, and get their own gear back.

Quit a hassle for something that does not solve a problem that does not even exist.

A simple If Statement could fix that problem.

you're playing by yourself so you can't expect things to go your way and 3k isn't much when you get your full stamina off respawn you can run close to that without having to rest.

3k's is about a 5-8 minute depending if their are hills and such. I was with a group of other players when we had the base. Wasn't by myself during that time. However we weren't able to pick up the dead players guns because we had other blokes shooting at us and the new spawns would just run over pick up their gear and we were back were we started again. Super annoying.

@brillo_pad

The "5 meter radius" was a mistake. Please feel free to have a look at my correction.

A simple If Statement could fix that problem.

No it wouldn't. Magic wall should not apply if quit, or if you just fled the scene without dying, or if you just hid your ass in some nearby building without the intention to continue the fight, or if ad infinitum. Also, should the wall apply when groups fight each other, and the initial killer might be dead but the majority of the group still engaged? There is no way such a system would be fair, consistent, and simple enough to be worth the effort to implement.

Especially since there is already a perfectly good force preventing respawns from retaking their gear: you. If you can dominate the ground where the dead bodies lie, no one is able to go and pick up the loot. This is the best system because it automatically covers all edge cases when you die, flee, quit, or are outnumbered and unable to control the ground.

Untrusted out.

No it wouldn't. Magic wall should not apply if quit, or if you just fled the scene without dying, or if you just hid your ass in some nearby building without the intention to continue the fight, or if ad infinitum. Also, should the wall apply when groups fight each other, and the initial killer might be dead but the majority of the group still engaged? There is no way such a system would be fair, consistent, and simple enough to be worth the effort to implement.

Especially since there is already a perfectly good force preventing respawns from retaking their gear: you. If you can dominate the ground where the dead bodies lie, no one is able to go and pick up the loot. This is the best system because it automatically covers all edge cases when you die, flee, quit, or are outnumbered and unable to control the ground.

Untrusted out.

If the if statement isn't enough then you would just create a class for this type of situation.

You have to understand that, this involves code and you can practically do anything with code. It can be written, it can be done.

And the current system you speak of disadantages small groups or players by themselves. So no its not great and it is flawed. No matter how you look at it 2 players will never beat 4 players if they can just keep coming back.