Players Connecting then Instantly Disconnecting Dayz Epoch 1.0.5.1

dishner2013

Hey! New to the forum so I hope this is in the right place,

I just recently started up my own dedicated server that's hosted on my own dedicated machine. A few friends of my used dayz commander (I know, it's trash) and they couldn't join my server. They would get "You cannot play edit this mission / it's dependent on downloadable content etc etc etc" . I got all of the switched over to dayz launcher and we have never once had this problem (even using the exact same game files). However, once the server has went live I've noticed that several people try to join it each day and they connect, it verifies and then they're instantly disconnected from the server.

My questions are, is this a server side thing that I can fix? Is it something that's just client side? or is it just that people try to join with commander and it doesn't have the game files setup correctly? 

It's a new server so I wish all of these people would be able to join and play cause it needs the publicity.

Thank you for any help in advance

If anyone wants to try connecting the ip is

97.81.7.73:2302

Tri Cities Epoch Server

There is nothing you can do, its the players fault cause they using commander instead of launcher. Thats the problem of the most ppl that play dayz, they started the game with using commander since its out and they will continue using it even if its not working in most cases. But of course there are the other players like me that try to figure out how things are working, and reading the errormessages they get exactly. Im still using dayzcommander cause if you do a special trick everything will work fine like it does for years. But for the most of the ppl dayzlauncher is recomended cause they are noobs when it goes to pc questions and allways just wannt to do no more than 2klicks to join a server.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue as you but after extensive testing I've figured it out.   This is due to DayZ Commander not updating there server list for new servers but every 2 weeks or so.  So the question you ask you friends is "On dayz commander do you see our server name or just an IP?"  if they state they see just an IP then more than likely they also won't see the mod version the server is running within the versions column of dayz commander either.   How DayZ Commander works is it looks at the versions column and loads those versions of MOD that you have downloaded within the MODS section of DayZ Commander.  Since there is no versions displaying in there server list (e.g. master list or favorites list) then it doesn't know what MOD to load thus defaulting to basic "DayZ Vanilla" mod.  

I bet if they try to join your server, there loading screen will display the basic DAYZ loading screen rather than DayZ Epoch loading screen, am I correct?  Which is why they get the return results of this server runs custom mission file blah blah blah.... The only way to fix this is for them to uninstall the DayZ Vanilla mod from DayZ Commander or try restarting there DayZ Commander until it shows your server name with versions in there server list.   Or the simple way of fixing this is get rid of SHITTY ass DayZ Commander and migrate over to DayZ Launcher.

Also make sure there parameters are correct in DayZ Commander -- Example Epoch:  -mod=@DayZ_Epoch

Anyways, I hope this helps!  ;)

• 3 weeks later...