Help: Frequency Jammer

Thelo

Ok. I've been playing Epoch for around 20 days now and I have been looking for some information about the characteristics of Frequency Jammers. So far, using Google and this Forums I found the basics and started building a base with some friends.

Our first base was located in CPC Hardcore server. We placed the jammer before the 0.2.5 patch, so I was actually able to place it inside the second story of a military tower. We then started building walls, floors, stairs, garage gates and such all around the military encampment, maybe reaching as far as 50 meters diagonally away from the jammer and we had no problems at all.

Now, after the server files release, we moved to another server where we used to play Arma 2 Epoch (www.dayzspain.com - sorry if this is considered as spam, delete it in that case) and started anew choosing another military tower as our base. Now, with the new patch came the physx building mode for the jammers, so we were unable to place the jammer inside the tower and had to place it on top of it. Surrounding the tower, at ground level, there's a sandbag perimeter that allows us to close it with very few walls, but if we try to build in certain places we get 'frequency jammed', so we have deduced there is a range limit for building.

The thing is, I already knew there was a limit. It's like the plot pole from Arma 2, in the end, but before starting the first base I read the forums and found some info that is maybe wrong. This info stated that the range for a frequency jammer is 300m.

So the question is: is 300m the protection radius around the jammer? If so, what's the building radius? Also, is it a cylinder, a sphere or what? I'm quite confused about all this.

Finally, this is my first post and I'm really enjoying the mod. The community I linked above has been devoted to Epoch for more than a year and the put a lot of effort in giving us Spanish players a good host to play. We all support and love your work and I will tell them to endorse Epoch in ModDB competition.

Cheers and thanks! :)

I think there is a 300m radius, but I am not sure what shape it is. I do know that the devs prevented building in some of the military camps, so that may be the problem you are running into. Although it is weird you could build in some places of the compound but not others. 

Mmm... The military complex we are settled in is not too big, it's the one located in Athira, and there are certain hot spots where we can't build. I'm still trying to figure out the reason.

Had this happen on the server we played on... in the same exact location. Seems to me that the build range is NOT 300m but much closer. I had to push the building item away from me and keep inside the zone to build. Otherwise I got the build restriction message.

The curious thing is that this 'building radius' seems to be irregular and its reach is longer towards the north-east and shorter towards the south-west, but again, there are inconsistencies and hot spots where we can either build or are jammed. So maybe it has to do with a special protection around the military base. Nothing clear here! -.-