Good server hosting uk?

dzrealkiller

I use Fastpoint Gaming for my arma 2 servers and i would NOT go anywhere else. Price is very reasonable. and yres i know the old cliche 'you get what you pay for' Well i have also had a server with Vilayer for over a year and tbh their support was great to start and has now become non-existant. 

Would recommend Fastpoint to everyone.

Finaly after 2 days of mailing i got my refund. For me it was the last time ever with gtx. I am done with them.

Same here dude I have left them after nothing but issues and they do nothing but blame you for adding stuff even when YOU CANT!! so In the end I thought fuck this and got a refund I have so many tickets with them and In every single ticket the issues where caused by me.. Only things I changed on A3 Epoch are:

epochAH.hpp (Added Admins)

epochconfig.hpp (Set this timeMultiplier = 1; from 4 to 1 and allowed vehicles just doubled the numbers so from 10 to 20)

The problems I had was the server name would constantly change back to default.. then GTXgaming.co.uk would keep been placed at the start and end of my server name.

The server kept kicking and crashing and that's my fault apparently even tho I only changed the above. I even went as far as recording a video for them from uninstalling the server and reinstalling it all fresh to editing those few little things and then recorded the name changing and they basically call me a fucking liar when they have VIDEO of it happening!! Fuck they have gone down hill so much. maybe in a few months they will pick up again but I doubt it.

I am now with a new host and changed the exact same things and guess what... NO ISSUES AT ALL.. Love my new host the servers are much more powerful too.

so after returning from a much needed break from my house my GTX server no has no FTP access, this is just the latest in a line of issues stemming from them "fixing" things that don't need fixing. ironically i can get access to my friends GTX server. Neither the info on my TCAdmin panel or the email sent to me work anymore. wtf? im afraid it is money down the drain.

also when you ask for support and get the response "well the internet does funny things at 5am" i cant help but feel its all about the munneys. compounded by the fact they are the FIRST name on the epochmod page listed as a supporter and to give donations / patronage to them... thats the EPOCHMOD team asking us to support a service that cant support itself...

GTXGaming,Vilayer No thank you.. been there, brought the T-shirt wiped my ass with it and sent it back, They give me there shit I'l send them mine... (jokes aside...)

Now I am with Swiftnode.net and wow... just wow the staff are nice and respectful if there's is an issue they are right on top of it, There dedicated to there customers... I had a restart / crash issue and they sat with me for hours on the server to see what was happening and have now spotted the issue and resolved it.. The pure dedication to there customers is amazing and I have been with many hosts GTX was my longest host service and I was a loyal and friendly customer... not any more I have left them and more than likely wont return. Swiftnode.net is now my number one I have never seen such nice and dedicated staff they literally stayed awake helping me. There servers are super fast and I mean SUPER fast from when the server restart to been able to rejoin is 2 seconds... Not even kidding.. It shut down and reloads In a whopping 2 seconds.. there servers are as smooth as they come I run around on there servers at between 64-100fps and my average is 82fps.. That's just insane.. They are kicking GTX's ass and they have been up for only 6 months... If anyone Is looking for an awesome host.. Seriously give these guys a shot. They even put up a test server for me to see what I think I asked If I could add a load of extra cars and stuff they said go for it... there no afraid of performance issues and there right not to be... its so damn smooth. These guys have the potential to become the #1 host company out!

so after returning from a much needed break from my house my GTX server no has no FTP access, this is just the latest in a line of issues stemming from them "fixing" things that don't need fixing. ironically i can get access to my friends GTX server. Neither the info on my TCAdmin panel or the email sent to me work anymore. wtf? im afraid it is money down the drain.

also when you ask for support and get the response "well the internet does funny things at 5am" i cant help but feel its all about the munneys. compounded by the fact they are the FIRST name on the epochmod page listed as a supporter and to give donations / patronage to them... thats the EPOCHMOD team asking us to support a service that cant support itself...

That why they have the no refund part in their TOS. With every sucker that pre ordered the have earned a lot of money without us having a working server. They fixing like everyday new issues, while on Swiftnode servers it all works fine. And the rare occasion something is off they react fast and take action. For example, the most importent part of having a server, is the server showing up public, wich at first it didnt as it did with GTX, but where Swiftnode fixed it, GTX says, noop its not our fault, the devs of epoch should fix that... well i say check this: 

... xD

Swiftnode is cool idd... i joined them too

Another +1 for Swiftnode.net ... I got the server in Gravelines, France. I'm from Ireland and get around 20 ping, most people from the UK and Europe get the same and US/Canada get around 90-100. I have an admin who is from Australia and he gets 350; he finds that a very playable ping for him and one of the lowest he has experienced out of all the non Australian servers he has played on.

The support I have received from them is amazing!, They actually came on the server as players to help me iron out some teething issues

I've not read all the posts in here yet so I apologise in advance for repeating or missing anything.

I'd fully recommend renting a dedicated server from soyoustart.com, ovh.co.uk or online.net (depending on budget). Specifically, the E3-1xxx and E5-1xxx series CPUs.

These providers are all fairly competitively priced, have valuable DDoS mitigation/protection and have a quality network that will provide a low ping across europe and to the US.

It's very easy to install ARMA 3 server and set up Epoch on a dedicated server running Windows Server 2008 / 2012 even for a beginner, an hours job, maybe two, tops.

That way you have the full resources dedicated to your server. The best way is to do it yourself and learn.

hey guys i Too have had trouble with GTXgaming .....but this was last year on arma 2 asoon as 5 people got on the server there was lag and FPS drop,,, i think htat was due to an over crowed box ,,,,,

so i got a Kimsufi KS-3 dedicated server (OVH) which is about 15 pounds a month after setup ,,,,, they do not have windows OS but i payed a guy 20 dollas to put windows on (not KVM),,,,its been up for 9 month now had A2 epoch on it plus A3 altis life ,,, ran like a dream,,,and the anti Ddos protection is the best ive seen, the server is hosted in france and USA can play fine , 99% up time and the server only went off once since ive had it

now i just have A3 epoch on and runs ok

• 1 month later...

i would re consider this^ they are shunting their customers and offering little to no support for scripts. Seems like they have just sunk down to most other hosters - they dont care about you and wont help. When will service companies understand good customer service is key??!

I fail to see why any GSP should support scripts, that is the job of the server admin, so long as they give you what they promise, like a working Epoch server, any customisation is entirely your choice and optional.

Pay cheap, get  cheap. If you're concerned about prices maybe hosting isnt for you?

Been with FastPoint Gaming for a while now. Have to say hands down best host i've been with. Not only is support fast, but company actually cares about its customers. I have 3 servers with them and a couple of friends have one too. Can't say a bad word against them.

I spoke with Arctic Servers arcticservers.co.uk and their live chat and literally INSTANT support is awesome!   Alas I'm in the US so I could not rent from them but if I was in the UK I would go with them in a instant!  FastPoint gaming seems good so I would consider them too, my current host only provides Epoch so all the scripting and fixing of the server is totally up to me.  Also have my test server on my client computer but IMO if  you need someone to spoon feed you answers to simple problems you need to reconsider why you are hosting!

• 5 months later...