AI MISSIONS?

Diceman

Well whats annoying is that i can get AI to spawn in perfectly with the Recruit AI script i currently use on the legion server. but thats only because the unit is in the players group. I'm thinking if you were to replace the AI missions with a bunch of epoch AI it would work fine. It's just standard vanilla AI that the cleanup sqf doesn't like..

It would be nice if one of the devs would come in here and shed some insight on this, and perhaps even possible solution. Though naturally they hate use changing the mod at all, despite how great it become because of the community in the A2 days from changes... so we won't hear shit, nor get support on this topic.

Going to keep trying until i get it. There has to be way to do it without breaking their server side code..

Well whats annoying is that i can get AI to spawn in perfectly with the Recruit AI script i currently use on the legion server. but thats only because the unit is in the players group. I'm thinking if you were to replace the AI missions with a bunch of epoch AI it would work fine. It's just standard vanilla AI that the cleanup sqf doesn't like..

It would be nice if one of the devs would come in here and shed some insight on this, and perhaps even possible solution. Though naturally they hate use changing the mod at all, despite how great it become because of the community in the A2 days from changes... so we won't hear shit, nor get support on this topic.

Going to keep trying until i get it. There has to be way to do it without breaking their server side code..

All you can do is keep trying, before the devs "shed some light on this" they are going to find their own light in the progress of the mod it's self. Once this becomes Beta im sure the devs will have some useful info to spread upon us. And once its a stable mod, these mods will come from everywhere with lots of support. Of course people are going to try to add scripts and missions asap, but I'm guessing the devs can't, more than wont support them because there will be many changes to come that may break and or enable whatever it is you are trying to do.

I did try it using the epoch ai ,I_Soldier_EPOCH, and it was the same thing, they spawn, shoot, then disappear. I don't know they obviously made it this difficult to add ai in for a reason so ya im pretty sure that's how they want it and doubt there will be any help given until were further down the line in development and they are ready to let us mess around some more.

they obviously made it this difficult to add ai in for a reason 

I'm sure it has a lot to do with an AI mission system that will be default to the mod. The way they talk about it, it's going to be quite different than the shoot n' loot missions we are used to seeing.  Personally, the last thing i want, is to go into a new game/mod and get the "I've done this before" feeling. 

What happened to the old epoch community. The one where we all shared and helped each other. All this, I know how to do it or you guys are doing it wrong. How about helping us figure it out as a commubity. I understand that it was just released and people want to keep there scripts private because they want more players but with everyone and there mom hosting servers I don't think having your own custom script will help attract all that many players. There are already to many servers to players. I just hope we all can help and share because that's what made a2 epoch so great and become what it is

What happened to the old epoch community. The one where we all shared and helped each other. All this, I know how to do it or you guys are doing it wrong. How about helping us figure it out as a commubity. I understand that it was just released and people want to keep there scripts private because they want more players but with everyone and there mom hosting servers I don't think having your own custom script will help attract all that many players. There are already to many servers to players. I just hope we all can help and share because that's what made a2 epoch so great and become what it is

And patience is key for the same to happen here. Many people have said they will share. No one wants to release something that's not stable. Likely due to the countless requests for assistance in problems they haven't solved for themselves. Which typically follow alpha/unstable releases. You will always have elitists and people keeping secrets in attempt to make their server unique, then someone will come along and recreate it and release it here.  DayZ epoch didn't become the community is today overnight, it's been a long process.

I've also now managed to get AI to stick around and attack. 

I'm not ready to release just yet due to a couple of bugs, but the AI work.

I'll happily throw up all that works on github or drop a link to a zip file once it's working in case the code is of use to anyone :)

I've got a lot of IRL work on though, so likely will be the weekend before I can finish it - I expect someone else to release before then - in which case... all good :D

Either way I'll probably throw my stuff up even if I'm late to the party, in case someone wants to chop bits out of it :D

That's good to hear. I'm glad people are putting full mission files out there. Myself I have spent a ton of time working on mine. Even though I'm sure mine is not nearly as good as some others I would still like to finish n use mine jus because of the work I put in. Do u mind just sharing how you got ai to stick around on server. Its the only thing I can't find. Thanks for everyone's work

See the above post on HC's.

Spawining AI through the HC is working easy and requires ZERO additional hardware.

I think Hogscraper's ai solution may work w/o an HC also.

If you find that to be true, please post in the other thread. I have run that exact same code that I pasted for AI_Init.sqf on the server using a server only pbo and nothing stayed around. All I did was load the HC which auto loads the AI and everything stayed around just fine.  It just puts me one step further into the "I have no idea what the hell is going on with the cleanup script" territory...

The only down side so far is that all AI routines need to be inside the mission to work at this point. Might add a few KB to the mission file size. Right now, that's no big deal since missions are minimal, but when things start ramping up its going to be imperative to keep as much server side as possible. I wrote a post in the FAQ thread asking if they could just give us a server only array that would allow anything placed inside the array to not be cleaned up but the post was ignored. No idea what they have in store...

To those wondering why AI gets deleted. It's located in the Vehicle_Simulation.fsm file. It deletes anything that's not client side. The AI we usually spawn come server side and get cleaned up. Not because they are AI but in order to stop doppelgangers. Just thought I'd let you know. Making the AI client side helps to stop this but does a hit on performance.

To those wondering why AI gets deleted. It's located in the Vehicle_Simulation.fsm file. It deletes anything that's not client side. The AI we usually spawn come server side and get cleaned up. Not because they are AI but in order to stop doppelgangers. Just thought I'd let you know. Making the AI client side helps to stop this but does a hit on performance.

Nice find Defent! That makes perfect sense why the AI mission works in my Headless Client tutorial. Last night I had just started going through the server files but gave up around 4AM to head to work. I will make an update to my HC tut about this.