AI MISSIONS?

Diceman

There are two files that i said to look in on my last post thy should help you get around the cleanup. Once i have fin all the testing with my mission system i will post where to get it.

2 kinds of missions side and main. All running server side. No lag on the server at all. 

I will put up the screen shots soon

6826559eac952ac15ee4b9ef01c8dc5b.png

There are two files that i said to look in on my last post thy should help you get around the cleanup. Once i have fin all the testing with my mission system i will post where to get it.

2 kinds of missions side and main. All running server side. No lag on the server at all. 

I hope you will succeed. If you are generous, we will wait from you for the lesson on the installation mission. If you feel sorry for the lesson, I was ready to give money.

So you did find a work around for the ai disappearing? I used the stuff in those files and still no luck. I found a work around on how to make crates and vehicles stay but ai is just being stubborn.

Not so easy as looking back at the two files you spoke about earlier?

hehehe. I'm with ya. Been working on it all day. I can't find the process/function that is doing the cleanup.

It seems that the 'EPOCH_TEMPOBJ_PVS' variable is the trigger, but I can't find where that value is being checked for objects.

Not so easy as looking back at the two files you spoke about earlier?

hehehe. I'm with ya. Been working on it all day. I can't find the process/function that is doing the cleanup.

It seems that the 'EPOCH_TEMPOBJ_PVS' variable is the trigger, but I can't find where that value is being checked for objects.

EPOCH_TEMPOBJ_PVS = EPOCH_localCleanup.sqf

with all there ai EPOCH_TEMPOBJ_PVS gets called.

Time to take the next step and brake into the EpochServer.dll lol GG Epoch Devs :P

Good question, but it got him banned.

Can I ask why you're being so restrictive with this release of Epoch?

There are several things I'd love to alter with the current version that are simple little things but I can't because it's locked down, the items the traders will buy and their prices for one.

Got ai to spawn, markers to show. The ai now turns, shoots, runs and then gets deleted after ~7 seconds. Thought I had this nailed. Oh well, back to the drawing board. At least a box of loot spawns. However:

_crate = createVehicle ["Box_NATO_Wps_F",[(DMS_Cords select 0) - 1, DMS_Cords select 1,0],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
clearWeaponCargo _crate;
clearMagazineCargo _crate;

Doesn't seem to delete it's content. Perhaps it's the box itself that's designed to contain loot.

In my init

if (isServer) exitWith {
EPOCH_localCleanup=compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "EPOCH_localCleanup.sqf";
[] execVM "scripts\aispawn.sqf";
};

This is Epoch_localCleanup.sqf  below but customized so it doesnt delete ai. 

_target=_this;
if !((_target in units group ailist) || if !((_target in units group group1) then{
if(typename _this=="ARRAY")then{_target=_this select 0;};
if(!isNull _target)then{_target addEventHandler["local",{if(_this select 1)then{private["_aa"];
_aa=_this select 0;
{_aa removeAllMPEventHandlers _x;}forEach["mpkilled","mphit","mprespawn"];
{_aa removeAllEventHandlers _x;}
forEach["FiredNear","HandleDamage","Killed","Fired","GetOut","GetIn","Local"];
diag_log ["deleting %1:,_aa ];
deleteVehicle _aa;
deleteGroup(group _aa);};}];};
};

Thats what ive done but im think im doing something wrong :). 

guess the best bet at this point is to simply stop working on it.

Try to learn some stuff and use these forums...guess that is a mistake.

I will probably release my code as well as what I've done and how I've done it but releasing it before it's completed is kind of meaningless since the code will change a lot..

hmmm I wonder who this newcomer could be

haha.

In my init

if (isServer) exitWith {
EPOCH_localCleanup=compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "EPOCH_localCleanup.sqf";
};

_target=_this;
if !((_target in units group ailist) || if !((_target in units group group1) then{
if(!isNull _target)then{_target addEventHandler["local",{if(_this select 1)then{private["_aa"];
_aa=_this select 0;
deleteVehicle _aa;
};

You are attempting to compilefinal something that is already compiledfinal by the time you load that. 

haha.

You are attempting to compilefinal something that is already compiledfinal by the time you load that. 

That can be solved though. I have a way to do it. Perhaps not the most gracious though ;)

It's when you use PBO files. To my knowledge they can init before the rest.

However, using the EPOCH_localCleanup.sqf file would fall under modifying existing server files wouldn't it?

Yes, We can't touch the server side pbo compiles or the dll. Which make this almost impossible.

I've tried at least a half different methods to work around the cleanup sqf and best i could do was get them to persist for about 10 seconds, shoot at you, and the second you hit one, they all vanish. Leaving the loot and vehicles behind. 

This was using the EOS system off armaholic, which im about to throw out the window with the rest of the ideas ive had.

Frustrating to no end. Every other script ive put in works. I've even gotten the 'recruit AI' script working, that allow the AI to spawn in as long as it's in YOUR party. but if you take it out, poof, gone. Plus the AI for this script is more or less mindless. You have to command it what to do, and it's put on follow by default. My players kind of like it though, so i left it in.

Anyways, if anyone makes any headway on this. Please do share. I'm about to throw my hands up.

I was thinking that initializing a file before the Epoch variables and stuff kick in could solve this. The file contains nothing other than a few rules. Such as, units in this list are not considered units of that list etc. I'll see how it works out now. This uses nothing of Epochs own scripts. And using a file to initialize before the Epoch mod initializes can't be disallowed? 

In my init

if (isServer) exitWith {
};

_target=_this;
_aa=_this select 0;
deleteVehicle _aa;
};

The core of the mod is intended to remain vanilla. So if you guys are essentially changing the core of the mod, you will hit a brick wall. However I am still learning every day, so please prove me wrong.

These aren't going to be just race to the box and fight AI when you get there missions.. Think craftable storylines.. Saying no more :)

I feel this is related to trader_mission_delivery.fsm .  But then again I have only been looking at the code for 2 days, so I am not sure if this is actually being used for something else. However, If that file is related to this mission system, then it will be worth the wait :)