Any one have a clue why my server doesnt appear in Arma3 multiplayer by it self

NuFaN

Question

9 answers to this question

What NuFan is saying, I think, is that the server is not visible on the Arma 3 Public Browser when it is restarted, it remains invisible to the browser until it is joined another way, through either direct connect (visible I think because there are no filters this way) or A3launcher (again I think it doesnt mind what kind of mission it is).  The server is not creating the mission until it is connected to manually, then the timeout begins, mission is created and the server is then visible with the epoch mod filters in the in game public server browser.  This is a problem if you need to regularly restart the server, as in epochs case where the map is full of empty shipping containers, for example.

If I am wrong about my interpretation I apologise.

GTX gaming believe this is normal for Epoch servers, can anybody not using them as a provider confirm?

Edited by psych3uk

Not true. When my server restarts it shows on the lobby.. How would anyone be able to join a fresh server otherwise?

It plainly shows after restart without mission started.

make sure the steam query port is forwarded in your router (UDP, normally 1 port up from your game port).

I can only presume they don't understand what the problem is, despite efforts to show pictures of lobby with no server at all vs direct IP connection with server but blank mission and mission type.  We cannot control what ports they are opening, but i don't even think that is is the issue because if connected to through direct ip search it then creates the mission. It is as if the mission creation is stuck when the server restarts, therefore lobby is not finding or ignoring it. but a Direct IP search in game will see our server regardless of a mission having been created.  Maybe I totally misunderstand the way arma servers work, but this seems like a crazy design choice if indeed I do.

Note that once it is joined through direct ip, it is then discoverable for everyone in public lobby, this is why i dont think it is a port opening issue

Edited by psych3uk

Pshych3uk, u r absolutly right. Thats exactly what i meant. If i dont joint the lobby by remote, the multiplayer wont see the server. Since i cant be online 24/7 this is a big problem.

Definitely a steam port issue.  Mine shows and i still have the same ports from my a2 epoch server.  port 2423-2424  work for me. In a2 epoch the ports are in the config.cfg. For some reason they are not on a3.

Is it a home Dedi? If so, it's  100%  for sure a port issue

Sorry missed the GTX part.

This is a very odd issue, I have only seen this (backwards- only see from in game lobbies, not steam or any 3rd party Launcher) once before. And it was steam ports. But if its a GTX server, i would get on the line with themand have them look into it, I can't imagine there is much if anything you can do yourself to fix what really seems to be a port issue on a rented server.