[RELEASE] Server Keepalive Batch Tool

uniflare

Im not using android browser anymore. *mad*.

The gist;

Thank you guys. A lot.

I need info to solve crash. Pm me.

Temp fix batch file; (run seperate)

@echo off
echo Checking for crashed process every 5-6 seconds.
:loop
taskkill /f /fi "status eq not responding" /im "arma3server.exe"
PING 127.0.0.1 -n 6 || PING ::1 -n 6
goto :loop
Save to any .bat file anywhere and let it run in background. Untested but should work til I can roll out the next update.

Thanks again people.

Updated to 0.9.4

NEW IN 0.9.4: Added project to Sourceforge
NEW IN 0.9.4: Crash Detection! Will force close any crashed processes!
NEW IN 0.9.4: Affinity and Priority settings!
FIXED IN 0.9.4: Server crash on stop/start
FIXED IN 0.9.4: Config Structure (should be easier to understand)
ADDED IN 0.9.4: Bundled required exe's in external folder for redistributability

You're very welcome my friend!

Currently working on a program that will ease the installation and management across multiple servers on the same box.

I am focusing on this side project atm and as this tool works as-is there will not likely be more updates for this tool.

Expect a final release with a standalone install manager by the end of the month :).

Thanks all for your great feedback and suggestions. Any bugs or problems feel free to use the ticket system on the new Sourceforge page.

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Updated to 1.0!

NEW IN 1.0: New sleek GUI for managing and installing SKBT for multiple server on the same machine/network!

Main Window

screenmain.png

Configuration Properties

screenconfig.png

The GUI should be pretty self explanatory. You shouldn't need to update or reinstall your current configurations.

NOTE* Beware any changes you have made to the batch tools may be overwritten using this installer! Backup your changes!

Please provide any bugs you find. If you have a feature request please bear in mind this application is ONLY for managing my SKBT tools. The furthest (and I mean absolute furthest) I may go is to write a small BEC Scheduler Manager to help fresh installs with auto-restarts.

That being said, any features you can think of that don't include the following "on my list already" please let me know;

{on my list already}

- Create shortcuts on desktop to keepalive controls (start keepalive, manual stop/start etc)

- Make use of info box (label on main window) - not a bug, currently not implemented

- Extra Buttons (Web Link to Repo, About, Help)

- Load Preset Configuration Option (Default configs for Epoch/Arma 2/Chernarus etc)

- Clone From Existing Configuration (Directly copy and then customize an existing config)

- BEC Scheduler Setup (for auto restarts)

There is NO ETA on any of the above list. They may or may not come (most likely will, just take some time, also depends how popular this app is).

Have fun guys n gals let me know what you think!

Hey! really really thank you for the tool... great work!

Just one idea/question: Have you ever thought about implementing a feature to make automatic restarts in intervals of X hours? Since BEC has been terminated and it does not want to work anymore (We also fixed the hosts to deny connection to ibattle.org) we are still searching for an alternative software.

Greez

Hey! really really thank you for the tool... great work!

Just one idea/question: Have you ever thought about implementing a feature to make automatic restarts in intervals of X hours? Since BEC has been terminated and it does not want to work anymore (We also fixed the hosts to deny connection to ibattle.org) we are still searching for an alternative software.

Greez

Hmm, I have space for a new project but would take a while to put together a full project that I have in mind. I will have a tinker tonight, maybe there will be a small application to send messages via rCon and execute the setauto.bat control file for automatic restarts. Don't hold hope for anything to soon, though I do have a day off tomorrow ;).

BEC should still work, though, (as should the scheduler) as long as the process has no termination signal from iBattle etc.

Thanks for the great feedback xD.

hi uniflare 

i just installed ver 1 on 2 servers 1 is my test server other one is the main dec.box

i am getting 

server event=0

microsoft was unexpecded at this time.

c:\arma3>

i am use on a arma3 servers with epoch mods,terrainpack,mas18 and the hive

thanks

Updated to 1.0.1

FIXED IN 1.0.1: Template batch_lib files, no more batch_settings errors spamming the screen.

FIXED IN 1.0.1: Install Dialog Cancel (Used to continue when cancelled).

FIXED IN 1.0.1: Uninstall Function (Works now)

ADDED IN 1.0.1: Keepalive instance shortcuts to start menu and desktop.

CHANGED IN 1.0.1: Removed Text Window (not needed)

That is because it is restarting BEC everytime it closes (which it is doing because it gets a kill signal from ibattle.org everytime it opens - BEC has been discontinued as a front to BI for monetizing Arma 3).

You can either;

1. Disable the BEC keepalive process (click keepalive on the BEC Tab in configure).

2. Deny remote traffic to/from ibattle.org in your firewall configuration.

3. Redirect remote traffic to ibattle.org to localhost by editing your HOSTS file. (system32/etc/hosts)

Good luck.

I would love to hear how the program is working for you guys. Let me know ;). (This is my first C# app...)

Your very welcome. If anyone would like to setup their own auto restart, you could shedule using windows, pointing to auto_restart.bat. When it runs, it will kill the server (not clean).

Or manually using rcon #shutdown. (Note that this will show "Unknown" events rather than "Auotmatic" events unless you fire setauto.bat just before issuing the rcon shutdown.

Good luck!

Known bugs in 1.0.1:

1. When saving a config you will not be able to edit again using the config installer. There is a missing line in the saved config which isnt actually needed but the installer still checks for it.

Work arounds:

1. Add the following line to the end of the culprit config file;

Set enable_pbo_updates=0

A hotfix will be pushed to stable release within the next 12 hours.