[BETA] FastPointGaming - Redis/MySql Database Managment Web Application - Source Code for the community

FastPoint Gaming

FastPointGaming Redis/MySQL Database Management System

During the beta stages there will be two option for using this sytem.

You can either use our online platform (This requires no set-up so is useful for those unfamiliar with setting up local web severs).

Or you can download the sources files and host them on your own environment. (DELAYED).

I need to spend some time writing detailed documentation for installation and updating due to the frequency that updates are going to be released. I personally think that there is no point releasing the full source until we are at v1 release as the constant updates would require people to update regularly. People would be using outdated versions and posting bug reports when they could have actually been resolved in a newer version. Let me know your opinion however.

If you wish to use our online platform please register at: http://dev.fastpointgaming.com

Please note that your account will be wiped regularly as we constantly update our database structure, you may simply re-register.

Bug Reporting

Please report any bugs either here or on our forums, both will be monitored by us for bugs.

will this still be released to the comunity ?

was so hoping for the release for not only we can use with redis arma 3 but also for arma 2 db, give us an update on it or something.

Hi SmokeyBR,

Yes this is still going to be released to the community. Alot of functionality for MySQL is already complete, most of Redis functions are still being developed however. We will release this once we feel it's secure and working.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Some of you may notice that we haven't pushed an update to our database management control panel for around 1 month. Don't Worry!

We haven't abandoned this project, intact it's the complete opposite. I made the decision that I was going to rebuild this application from scratch as I wasn't 100% happy with the way it functioned at first. Originally I had made the decision to write this in flat PHP but later decided that it would be more practical to make use of the Laravel framework for PHP.

I've already began reworking the tool and expect the initial alpha release to be live around the end of January. I will be selecting a few of our customers to take part in the alpha stage of the development then allow access to all customers during the beta stage then at v1 release I will allow everyone to create an account on our system regardless if there server is one of ours or not. We will then release the full source code once it's complete.

With the change over to Laravel rather than flat PHP this allows me to integrate the Arma3 side of things much easier as the framework has built in functionality for Redis. It will also allow me to improve the security of the application and also the speed in which it performs tasks (An issue in the current version).

For those who already have access to the now obsolete version of the application, I will continue to allow access up until the first alpha release of the new application.

Kind Regards,

Ricky

So this isn't a standalone application ? we're all expected to login to our servers through FPG website ?

If this is true you can count me out for obvious reasons :lol:

No, during the applications development you will be allowed access via our testing enviroment, this is 100% your own risk. Once the application is finished the full soruce code will be released.

EDIT :-

Just as a side note all information related to database connection information that we save in our database will be encrypted for obvious reasons.