DLC Vehicles

mimic

I'm just curious as to why the devs decided to include DLC vehicles in the allowedVehiclesList, and have them spawn?

Pros:

• Wider variety of vehicles in the game

Cons:

• Not an equal playing field for players (some have access to vehicles, while others don't)
  • Can't even ride as passenger
  • Ambush a player with a DLC vehicle and you can't even take it
  • Forcing players to buy the DLC's to take full advantage of the game

For me the Cons well outweigh the Pros. I don't think that DLC vehicles should be included in the dynamic spawn table. It's just not fair to those that don't have the DLC, and don't intend on buying them.

Just my 2¢.

We will be supporting all the DLC content from BI, the fact that some cannot use them is more of an issue with the way they handle the DLC content. 

My issue with the DLC vehicles is that we only use the model right? I don't take issue with them wanting $ for the extra content they created, but having to pay for the flight model when I just want to jump in a model in Epoch seems crazy.

Can't the models be cloned for the mod?

• 2 weeks later...

You were able to get in passenger when they first released the DLC, but I think they changed it at some point.  At least I've heard quite a few times lately where people are complaining about it.

If you run your own server you could remove the content from the loot tables.  If Epoch devs removed the DLC content BI would get pissed, naturally.

I have the DLC, why would i remove it ?

Non-DLC players can just ignore the DLC vehicles.

Gadamn I've circled nearly the entire map on foot and haven't found-- OMG ITS A HEL-- ugh another one I can't even touch.

But yeah, I mean I won't be removing it from my server.  But then not many people play on it so there are vehicles everywhere. =P