Use Redis Desktop Manager for Database

RC_Robio

https://github.com/uglide/RedisDesktopManager/wiki/Install-and-Run

Download from Github.

Install

Open ports for database

Connect with info from redis.conf

All changes are live and instant on my end

To allow outside connections you will need to change all localhost ip's to a correct ip (Your server ip) This includes the epochserver.ini, and redis.conf

BEWARE THIS CAN WIPE YOUR DATABASE AS IT DID MINE.

You need to save the dump.rdb in the DB file while the server is running to not lose your database. 

wnW83WS.jpgHqt4gra.jpg8J7vHbB.jpg

the DB is seperate from the game, it is only accessed at certain times. So if your in game, you change db, then go back to game, it doesnt read the db for your char, only at login, otherwise it only saves.

Logout

Edit your character inventory

Log back in

For vehicles and traders you will probs have to restart the server? not tested with traders but vehicles i am sure.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to perform database maintenance with the Redis Desktop Manager? While using ESP on my Chernarus server yesterday, I noticed that there were boats, jetskis, etc. all around the coastline. Some were out to sea where they would never be used. It would be great to run some simple queries and clean that up. Teleporting around the map with the admin tools to do that is bassackwards.

:huh:

It seems like all you can do is manually edit fields, is there a way of running queries on the entire 'database'?

What was the reasoning behind dropping MySQL in favour of this btw, does anyone know?

Seems like it was largely done for performance reasons.

On a site note, I don't suppose there's any way to schedule redis events is there? e.g. BGSAVE every 15 minutes or something.

• 3 months later...