Unable To Get Into Helicopters (Needs DLC)

ClontarfX

So buy the DLC or don't use them helicopters, they're awesome machines :)

Although if the Epoch devs code it then it's possible non-DLC owners can ride as passengers.

Easily done with a script, infact its already done. Doubt they will ever do that though its like taking money out there pocket ;)

Yo bro you got to buy the DLC you didn't think they were gonna pay for you. LOL just kidding, in Altis life the karts there was a way to work around that simply for the player without the dlc to press windows key and it would buy pass it. So who knows maybe somewhere out there is already working on it.  ;)

Just kind of seems a bit rude and unfair to not mention that DLC-only vehicles are included in the mod?. If it's documented, I don't know about it...

I -much rather- have more than less content in the game. You can play just aswell without the DLC, you are not allowed to a couple of helicopters. Should be able to live with it if you dont want to buy DLC.

Yo bro you got to buy the DLC you didn't think they were gonna pay for you. LOL just kidding, in Altis life the karts there was a way to work around that simply for the player without the dlc to press windows key and it would buy pass it. So who knows maybe somewhere out there is already working on it.  ;)

Got the working script for it in my a3 wasteland altis and cherno servers.

simple enough, if statement to check for dlcs, if you dont have dlc. addaction get in anyways. calls a script that is basically just cursortarget moveindriver

but afaik addaction wont work with epoch.

That being said, helicopters dlc is fantastic. the huron is just amazing to fly. especially with rotorlib on.

i just bought the full dlc pack for $25aud, hoping that marksman dlc will eliminate the need for vts weapon resting. wasn't too fussed by the helis, but now i've got them. i love them and think they were well worth it. 

Got the working script for it in my a3 wasteland altis and cherno servers.

simple enough, if statement to check for dlcs, if you dont have dlc. addaction get in anyways. calls a script that is basically just cursortarget moveindriver

but afaik addaction wont work with epoch.

That being said, helicopters dlc is fantastic. the huron is just amazing to fly. especially with rotorlib on.

i just bought the full dlc pack for $25aud, hoping that marksman dlc will eliminate the need for vts weapon resting. wasn't too fussed by the helis, but now i've got them. i love them and think they were well worth it. 

I am happy that other people can fly a heli i cant, surly one day someone will find a way around it for epoch. 

Yes, this is a bit silly. It's hard enough getting friends to commit to buying 'always full price' Arma3 so they can play the mod.

The Helicopters DLC has additional simulation modes correct? Shouldnt be forced to pay for a couple of models.

Can anyone confirm if this is just a bug?

Yes, this is a bit silly. It's hard enough getting friends to commit to buying 'always full price' Arma3 so they can play the mod.

The Helicopters DLC has additional simulation modes correct? Shouldnt be forced to pay for a couple of models.

Can anyone confirm if this is just a bug?

It was 50% off yesterday and the day before :p

Even at full price for the hours played it's well worth it.

Nobody is forcing you to do anything.  You are playing a FREE mod that has plenty of stuff in it that does not require the DLC.

Sigh - youre still missing the point.

I put hundreds of $ into hosting a server, and hundreds of hours into making custom content for it also. It's not about the money.

It's hard enough getting people to buy Arma3 to play this mod.

If they want to sell the models, then give us that option for a couple of $... we don't want to pay for stuff we are not going to use.

I think the only solution here is to run a DLC-free server and use replacement content from the community.

Fragmented community across servers.

Fragmented players per game.

Good one BI.

A lot of people have spent time making this mod what it is, time they could have spent making more money doing something else.

If you were to buy a another game for between $50-$80 from a game designer i would doubt that it would have such ongoing development and the commitment that has been shown by the Epoch Dev team.

Its a free product that has given the player base a huge amount of gaming enjoyment.

I realize that paying for added DLC content can cause some frustration in the community, that said BI is a company and companies survive on profit.

I think a small price for DLC content is not to much to ask considering the work involved.

What Smokey is getting at is that it seems like a very poor decision to include content in the FREE mod, that requires you to PURCHASE ARMA 3 DLC. And I agree.

It's unfair to those without the financial means who might want to fly the aircraft in the mod. I understand that there are non-DLC helicopters, but because we can't modify the mission file, we can't remove the non-DLC, which results in a shock for some when they come across an unusable vehicle.

In any case, all I really want is a warning somewhere that advises players that they will require to purchase DLC in order to use all content in the mod.

As Smokey said, we spend hundreds of dollars a year running a server for the community for FREE, and it's a kick in the teeth for server hosters to find out that their players need to pay to play with what we believed was a free to play mod...

The point of BIS including all DLC content for everyone was to stop the fragmentation of the community like what happened with Arma 2/Arma2OA/BAF/PMC/ACR.

This way everyone gets the DLC and can join any server regardless on whether they have unlocked/purchased the DLC's or not,  this is only a good thing.

Some features are locked for those who do not have the DLC's, same thing with Karts DLC (Money from Karts all goes to charity) and it will be the same for the Marksman DLC.

The Heli's DLC brought you more than just 2 new vehicles, it brought you firing from vehicles, advanced rotorlib for helicopters, helicopter logistics and more  - yes those are the parts of the DLC you get for free!

So to say it's not worth paying £X for this or that is a bit shortsighted due to the fact that people only look for new content (models/vehicles/guns) in a DLC and not the extra features that they bring along with them to enhance the gameplay. 

Personally I know a load of people who have been waiting for the firing from vehicles feature since way back in Arma.

Bought the DLC content and can't land a single chopper until i relearn to fly...OR my server admins learns how to change the PBO files and unpack them correctly.

The problem IS the change in the controls of flying.

I have a feeling that new controls were added with little to no testing. 

In Epoch the chopper controls are difficult to say the least...but other mods have old arma controls and the DLC choppers fly fine.

Does anyone have info for changing PBO files and unpacking them back to normal flight controls? ( can change PBO files easy, Finding the correct Unpacker is the current issue.)

I am wondering why someone would change flight controls in the first place...Why fix something that is not broken?

I apologize for complaining.

Thank you for your time, Little Bird

You dont need to unpack any mission pbo's

From Arma 3 1.26 ChangeLog:

Added: Possibility to force Advanced Flight Model from server config (forceRotorLibSimulation: 0 - options, 1 - forced on, 2 - forced off) - overrides description.ext

0 = use whats defined in description.ext.

1 = forced on

2 = forced off.

And FYI the new heli simulations have been on development branch of A3 for a little while now, with plenty of testing done by communities in aid of getting more realistic heli controls into the game.

Thank you for the reply Uro1.

I am trying to help a friend set up his server. I do not know anything of server set up, please forgive my ignorance.

His server provider does not have these server config options to disable the Choppers DLC controls.

He would remove the DLC choppers but his admin menu does not list the names of choppers, on his admin list the choppers are listed as numbers.

He changed his Pbo files, and finding the correct  unpacker is now the issue.

If i had a controller the DLC content would be easier to land...the keyboard does not seem to be the correct tool to use with DLC flying controls.

Thank you for your time.

Little Bird