redis.exe won't load on Windows Server 2012

randall421

I'm renting a dedicated server from NFOservers and I'm trying to install Epoch 0.2.5 and I've been able to do everything pretty easily except the Redis database. I tried running the .cmd file but the window immediately closes. I can run it on my pc just fine so its not the file. I tried running it as administrator and I'm at a loss on what to do from here. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it. I'm running Windows Server 2012 R2. Thanks

Okay, I disabled UAC and rebooted. Downloaded the latest C++ Redistributable Packages, ran the exe and cmd files as administrator, tried just putting the files into the Arma 3 folder (which I knew wouldn't work but tried anyway) and I'm still in the same place I started. The cmd window opens for a split second and disappears. Everything else is done and ready to go so if I can just get this damn Redis.exe to run my server should be ready to go. Is there something I'm missing or not doing? I'm about to totally wipe the server and re-install windows.

loaded right up. Thanks AWOL!! I should have way more than 4gb on my server but I lowered it to 3 in the config and it loaded right up... thanks man so much. 

no problem, the redis server also likes to allocate a fairly large temp .dat file that can cause issues if your low on diskspace.

wierd that I'd have to lower the memory. According to what I ordered from NFO I should have way more than 4Gb. 

Here's my next problem.. I have BEC working, the server loading up and people joining fine, but nothing is saving. I set redis IP to my servers IP address and also set it the same in the EpochHive config file and set the port in Epoch Config file to the defailt 6379 since everytime I start the database it says "now accepting connections on port 6379 so I thought it should match in config. Actually if it doesnt then redis wont start..

Now I'm logged into the server and seeing a lot of activity on the redis console but it is the same error over and over again.

Can't save in background: fork: Invalid argument

* 10 changes in 300 seconds. saving...

BeginForkOperation: system error caught. error code =0x000005af, message=BeginForkOperation: VirtualProtect failed: unkown error.

Nothing seems to be saving. People can log out to lobby and when they come back they're a fresh spawn. If someone knows how to get this going and can help me out I'd realy appreciate it. I'm so lost with this damn thing. 

Lol funny you would say that, I just did and the errors stayed the same but when I logged to lobby and back in my gear saved so I tried to restart the server to see if I would have gear when I came back and now BEC won't connect. Nothing was changed at all but now its saying "no valid response" when it tries to connect then it just closes. I can't connect with RCON either and literally nothing was changed from then til now. This is starting to make my head hurt. the gear didnt save through restart either =(

-update

Gear is saving through logging out and back in but not through restart. I'm assuming if the gear is saving at all then the ports and IP's for redis has to be set up properly since it wasn't saving at all earlier.

Everytime the Arma 3 server is closed, redis "stops working properly" and is closed by windows which also seems to erase any saved data (if there ever was any)

BEC was working fine 10 minutes but is not able to connect now for some reason. The server & BattleEye seem to start up and initialize fine but BEC get's "no valid response" then closes.

Had the same problem, what you need to do if you want to have more memory you have to add equal amount of extra disk space on the drive where you run redis from.

Best case is to have more or even double your redis.dat or paging file. As the 4Gb ram limit is a soft limit. And theredis dat or paging file was 6.Gb on a brand new server.

Ok I have one last issue and if I can get it fixed I should be good to go. There's some other minor issues but I can fix them later. Ok here it is: 

My server will start up and so will redis but I will get error message after error message on the redis app saying:

"# can't save in background: fork: Invalid argument 

* 1 changes in 900 seconds saving...

#beginForkOperation: system error caught. error code

=0x000005af, message=BeginForkOperation: VirtualProtect failed: unknown error"

It saves gear and player position and everything until server restart. Once the server shuts down redis "stops working properly" and is closed by windows.

In the redis.conf I set the IP to my servers IP and changed the password then in my server.ini I set the redis IP to my servers IP and set the port to 6397 since it only seems to accept connections on that port when I start reddis and I set the password to match what I put the redis.conf. The DB folder is in my Arma 3 Directory with all the files in the folder just how it came.

I'm assuming that since it's saving gear until restart that it's at least partially working. If someone can see a mistake that I've made or something I missed in what I've described can you please help me out. This is the last step I need to get my server going. 

Ok I have one last issue and if I can get it fixed I should be good to go. There's some other minor issues but I can fix them later. Ok here it is: 

My server will start up and so will redis but I will get error message after error message on the redis app saying:

It saves gear and player position and everything until server restart. Once the server shuts down redis "stops working properly" and is closed by windows.

In the redis.conf I set the IP to my servers IP and changed the password then in my server.ini I set the redis IP to my servers IP and set the port to 6397 since it only seems to accept connections on that port when I start reddis and I set the password to match what I put the redis.conf. The DB folder is in my Arma 3 Directory with all the files in the folder just how it came.

I'm assuming that since it's saving gear until restart that it's at least partially working. If someone can see a mistake that I've made or something I missed in what I've described can you please help me out. This is the last step I need to get my server going. 

I have the same error spamming:

• 4 weeks later...