A3 Epoch Server, What can be changed?

vbawol

Question

Going to try to give a quick run down of everything that can be changed in 0.2.5

@EpochHive/epochconfig.hpp

StorageSlotsLimit = 1500; // Max storage slots allowed. Warning! Higher the number lower performance.
BuildingSlotsLimit = 1500; // Max building slots allowed. Warning! Higher the number lower performance.

// Time based 
StaticDateTime[] = {}; // {0,0,0,8,0} would forces the server to start at 8am each time it is started while allowing the year, month and day to stay real time. Any values left at 0 will result in no change.
timeDifference = 0; // Server uses real time this will allow you to offset just the hour.
timeMultiplier = 4; // Sets a time multiplier for in-game time. The command range is now capped at 0.1 - 120 to avoid performance problems.

// Events
WeatherChangeTime = 1200; // This controls how fast the weather changes as well as how fast shipping containers and earthquakes happen.
showEarthQuakes = true; // used to show locations of earthquakes
showShippingContainers = true; // used to show locations of shipping containers

// Player Related
cloneCost = 100; // debt incurred on player death
doppelgangerTime = 60; // Controls how long a players body is left behind after disconnect. 0 = disables this.

// vehicles - Max vehicle slots is calculated from per vehicle limits below. Warning! Higher the number lower the performance.
vehicleLockTime = 1800; // Controls how many seconds it takes to allow another person/group to unlock vehicle.
allowedVehiclesList[] = {
	{"C_Offroad_01_EPOCH",8},
	{"C_Quadbike_01_EPOCH",8},
	{"C_Hatchback_01_EPOCH",10},
	{"C_Hatchback_02_EPOCH",10},
	{"C_SUV_01_EPOCH",10},
	{"C_Rubberboat_EPOCH",5},
	{"C_Rubberboat_02_EPOCH",5},
	{"C_Rubberboat_03_EPOCH",5},
	{"C_Rubberboat_04_EPOCH",5},
	{"C_Van_01_box_EPOCH",8},
	{"C_Van_01_transport_EPOCH",9},
	{"C_Boat_Civil_01_EPOCH",5},
	{"C_Boat_Civil_01_police_EPOCH",5},
	{"C_Boat_Civil_01_rescue_EPOCH",5},
	{"B_Heli_Light_01_EPOCH",2},
	{"B_SDV_01_EPOCH",2},
	{"B_MRAP_01_EPOCH",3},
	{"B_Truck_01_transport_EPOCH",1},
	{"B_Truck_01_covered_EPOCH",2},
	{"B_Truck_01_mover_EPOCH",1},
	{"B_Truck_01_box_EPOCH",1},
	{"O_Truck_02_covered_EPOCH",2},
	{"O_Truck_02_transport_EPOCH",1},
	{"O_Truck_03_covered_EPOCH",1},
	{"O_Truck_02_box_EPOCH",1},
	{"I_Heli_light_03_unarmed_EPOCH",1},
	{"O_Heli_Light_02_unarmed_EPOCH",1},
	{"I_Heli_Transport_02_EPOCH",1},
	{"O_Heli_Transport_04_EPOCH",1},
	{"O_Heli_Transport_04_bench_EPOCH", 1},
	{"O_Heli_Transport_04_box_EPOCH", 1},
	{"O_Heli_Transport_04_covered_EPOCH", 1},
	{"B_Heli_Transport_03_unarmed_EPOCH", 1},
	{"jetski_epoch",7},
	{"K01",2},
	{"K02",2},
	{"K03",2},
	{"K04",2},
	{"ebike_epoch", 7},
	{"mosquito_epoch", 7}	
};

// Traders
taxRate = 0.1; // controls extra cost overhead for purchases.
SHOW_TRADERS = true; // used to show locations of traders
NPCSlotsLimit = 50; // Max number of traders static or dynamic. Warning! Higher the number lower performance.
forceStaticTraders = true; // disables traders moving from work to home

// Hive Related
expiresBuilding = "604800";  // expiration date in seconds for buildings
expiresPlayer = "2592000";  // expiration date in seconds for players
expiresVehicle = "604800";  // expiration date in seconds for vehicles
hiveAsync = true; // true = asynchronous hive calls (non blocking), false = synchronous hive calls (blocking)

// Debug Related
DEBUG_VEH = false; // DEBUG ONLY used to debug spawing of vehicles

@EpochHive/epochAH.hpp

// Anti Hack
antihack_Enabled = true; // built-in Anti-Hack
antihack_addOnCheck = true; //addon check
antihack_InvOpenCheck[] = {}; // blank array disables, enable with {6} distance in meters disallows gear access if another player is within this range also disables gear access in vehicles.
antihack_banReason = "EpochMod.com Autoban";
antihack_checkFiles[] = { //script check, leave it blank to disable it
	{"\x\addons\a3_epoch_code\compile\setup\EPOCH_clientInit.sqf", "EPOCH_clientInit"},
	{"\x\addons\a3_epoch_code\compile\EPOCH_onEachFrame.sqf", "EPOCH_onEachFrame"},
	{"\x\addons\a3_epoch_code\compile\setup\EPOCH_masterLoop.sqf", "EPOCH_masterLoop"},
	{"\x\addons\a3_epoch_code\compile\setup\EPOCH_client_rejectPlayer.sqf", "EPOCH_client_rejectPlayer"},
	{"\x\addons\a3_epoch_code\compile\setup\EPOCH_clientRespawn.sqf", "EPOCH_clientRespawn"},
	{"\x\addons\a3_epoch_code\compile\interface_event_handlers\EPOCH_KeyDown.sqf", "EPOCH_KeyDown"}
};
adminMenu_Owner[] = {}; //{{"STEAMID","ADMINNAME"},{"STEAMID","ADMINNAME2"},...}; ADMINNAME will be used for the Admin log instead of in-game name.
/*
Available Settings:
"PLAYER-TELEPORT" => Teleport Admin To Player and Player To Admin
"MAP-TELEPORT" => Click on Map to Teleport
"TARGET-HEAL" => Heal Target
"TARGET-AMMO" => Give Target Ammo
"TARGET-KILL" => Kill Target
"VEHICLEFLIP" => Flip Vehicle
"BANPANNEL" => Access to Banpannel
"SPAWN-MENU" => Access to Spawn Menu
*/
adminMenu_High[] = {}; //{{"STEAMID","ADMINNAME"},{"STEAMID","ADMINNAME2"},...};
adminMenu_HighSetting[] = {"PLAYER-TELEPORT","MAP-TELEPORT","TARGET-HEAL","TARGET-AMMO","TARGET-KILL","VEHICLEFLIP","BANPANNEL"};
adminMenu_Low[] = {}; //{{"STEAMID","ADMINNAME"},{"STEAMID","ADMINNAME2"},...};
adminMenu_LowSetting[] = {"PLAYER-TELEPORT","MAP-TELEPORT","TARGET-HEAL"};
adminMenu_BanReasons[] = {"Traderzone","Hacking","Glitch","Combat Log"};

=== WARNING! REQUIRES EDITING A PBO ===
And anything in the @EpochHive/Addons/a3_epoch_server_settings.pbo may also be changed but keep in mind we will be pushing updates to this config from time to time. The mission pbo's may also be changed but will also be updated from time to time.

worldSize: controls how much of the map is used, this should not need changed unless running on another map than altis or stratis.
containerPos: The location of shipwrecks that spawn small green containers full of precious metals and gems.
telePos: not used atm.
oneWayTelePos: This is the enter and exit locations of the teleport pads on debug island.
propsPos: This is the trader city objects
staticNpcPos: locations of static traders found at trader cities.

Anyone have any idea how to turn off the antagonists? particularly the drones (darters) ?

In you mission init.sqf insert the following:

// Control the epoch ai limit per player
// 1. Epoch_Cloak_F = Cultist
// 2. GreatWhite_F = Great White Shark
// 3. Epoch_Sapper_F = Regular Sapper
// 4. Epoch_SapperB_F = Super Sapper (dark)
// 5. I_UAV_01_F = UAV (that spawns the AI)
// 6. PHANTOM = Invisible phantom 
// 7. B_Heli_Transport_01_F = Transport helicopter for the mission system

EPOCH_spawnLimits = [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1];

Thx for this one!

Didnt know you could change the spawnlimits for each players for the Antagonists!

Hello,

i have a big problem on chernarus map. When i buy a vehicle from trader, the vehicle spawn about 100-300m away from the trader. How and where can i fix it pls?

Thx for answers

Throw a chemlight or smoke grenade down first, the vehicle will spawn where the chemlight or smoke lands.

Throw a chemlight or smoke grenade down first, the vehicle will spawn where the chemlight or flare lands.

Lol...So u mean, i need to tell all my players, they need to first throw down flare so that the vehicle spawn correctly?

Lol...So u mean, i need to tell all my players, they need to first throw down flare so that the vehicle spawn correctly?

Yer.. I thought that was a tad ermm! well lets not upset anyone but WTF.. few new things seem to be taking epoch more and more away from realistic.. sadly.. even stopped hosting for now.. will wait till later developments bring it back to a more sensible state..currently to little to interest the builders,  Antagonists though very effective also just getting even more silly...on the plus side...Son and I rediscovered an old classic this week.. Quake 3, fire up a lan server and give it a blast with some mates.. I guarantee you'll be laughing your head of in no time!

Yer.. I thought that was a tad ermm! well lets not upset anyone but WTF.. few new things seem to be taking epoch more and more away from realistic.. sadly.. even stopped hosting for now.. will wait till later developments bring it back to a more sensible state..currently to little to interest the builders,  Antagonists though very effective also just getting even more silly...on the plus side...Son and I rediscovered an old classic this week.. Quake 3, fire up a lan server and give it a blast with some mates.. I guarantee you'll be laughing your head of in no time!

You probably right, but i like more Doom 2 as Quake xD

Lol...So u mean, i need to tell all my players, they need to first throw down smoke so that the vehicle spawn correctly?

When you buy a vehicle from a trader it will spawn in the closest open space, this can be 150 meters away, so Awol added a feature that allows you to specify the location using a smokegrenade or chemlight.

Throw the chemlight or smoke down and the vehicle will spawn there :)

You can tell you players or what i do is post the changelogs on my forum, it's up to them if they read it.

Changelog from 0.3.0

[Added] Trader purchased vehicle position can now be controlled with a smoke grenade or a chemlight within 50m of trader.

hey on my server the jammers says jammer overloaded, where can I change it?

i have edit the epochconfig.hpp but unfortunately changes nothing

BuildingSlotsLimit = 100000; // Max building slots allowed. Warning! Higher the number lower performance.

sorry for my bad englisch

Do you know the default values for those spawnLimits?

It will be in your @epochhive folder under the epochconfig.hpp from there you can see all cars and amounts, you can add more or just remove the lines or decrease the numbers

Ah, good to know, thank you sir.

How would you go about configuring things to have no server spawned vehicles to force players to buy from traders?  I would prefer to have players grind it out.  Many thanks.

If its a trader you set manualy, you can also put a heli_pad object by the trader and your vehicles will spawn there. Dont really remember the actual class, but you can find it in the map.h file inside epoch_settings PBO. 

Ah, good to know, thank you sir.

How would you go about configuring things to have no server spawned vehicles to force players to buy from traders?  I would prefer to have players grind it out.  Many thanks.

Well inside the epochconfig.hpp you would just remove them all making sure to keep the code intact aka no cars would spawn in period but you might run players off if you do that also just a heads up i learned the hard way. :D

Well inside the epochconfig.hpp you would just remove them all making sure to keep the code intact aka no cars would spawn in period but you might run players off if you do that also just a heads up i learned the hard way. :D

So basically it should look like this; allowedVehiclesList[] = {}; though I think that may cause 0 vehicle slots available?  Should I just set one vehicle with a limit of 100 and hope not all spawn in?

Ok unless i didnt hear you right i thought you wanted to remove all cars and even if you set it to have one type of car with 100 it will spawn all 100 no mater what, if your just trying to not have so many on there just use the list that you have for now and set each one to spawn in only 1 per type. something like this below

{"C_Offroad_01_EPOCH",1},
{"C_Quadbike_01_EPOCH",1},
{"C_Rubberboat_EPOCH",1},

{"C_Rubberboat_02_EPOCH",1},

Ok unless i didnt hear you right i thought you wanted to remove all cars and even if you set it to have one type of car with 100 it will spawn all 100 no mater what, if your just trying to not have so many on there just use the list that you have for now and set each one to spawn in only 1 per type. something like this below

No worries Viper, you've been very helpful. Perhaps what I want to do cannot be done without using some sort of a script.

What I'm trying to accomplish is configure the server NOT to spawn vehicles to force players to only buy vehicles from traders.  The vehicles in each trader were set with a quantity of 10.  I removed the vehicle list from the allowedVehiclesList[] = {}; and then reset the DB. Restarted, checked map, no server spawned vehicles.  Spawned in a vehicle and immediately got a message that vehicle cannot be saved to the DB as no vehicle slots are available.

No worries Viper, you've been very helpful. Perhaps what I want to do cannot be done without using some sort of a script.

What I'm trying to accomplish is configure the server NOT to spawn vehicles to force players to only buy vehicles from traders.  The vehicles in each trader were set with a quantity of 10.  I removed the vehicle list from the allowedVehiclesList[] = {}; and then reset the DB. Restarted, checked map, no server spawned vehicles.  Spawned in a vehicle and immediately got a message that vehicle cannot be saved to the DB as no vehicle slots are available.

In epochconfig you set the static amount of spawned/allowed/alive vehicles upon restart, and it also works as a vehicle"cap", thus it dictates how many vehicles and of what type that are set upon the server.

As you said if you only want them to be sold at traders, and not spawned on map you will have to find some kind of bypass for this. 

Would that not also set the server's max for that vehicle-type limit to 1 though? ie:

Does that not mean he can only ever have 1 single Quadbike on his server?  If so, this vehicle max system really needs a re-work.  Maybe something like:

{"C_Quadbike_01_EPOCH",A,B}, where A is the amount spawned on restarts while B is the max limits.

Would that not also set the server's max for that vehicle-type limit to 1 though? ie:

Does that not mean he can only ever have 1 single Quadbike on his server?  If so, this vehicle max system really needs a re-work.  Maybe something like:

{"C_Quadbike_01_EPOCH",A,B}, where A is the amount spawned on restarts while B is the max limits.

yepp