A3 Epoch Server, What can be changed?

vbawol

Question

Going to try to give a quick run down of everything that can be changed in 0.2.5

@EpochHive/epochconfig.hpp

StorageSlotsLimit = 1500; // Max storage slots allowed. Warning! Higher the number lower performance.
BuildingSlotsLimit = 1500; // Max building slots allowed. Warning! Higher the number lower performance.

// Time based 
StaticDateTime[] = {}; // {0,0,0,8,0} would forces the server to start at 8am each time it is started while allowing the year, month and day to stay real time. Any values left at 0 will result in no change.
timeDifference = 0; // Server uses real time this will allow you to offset just the hour.
timeMultiplier = 4; // Sets a time multiplier for in-game time. The command range is now capped at 0.1 - 120 to avoid performance problems.

// Events
WeatherChangeTime = 1200; // This controls how fast the weather changes as well as how fast shipping containers and earthquakes happen.
showEarthQuakes = true; // used to show locations of earthquakes
showShippingContainers = true; // used to show locations of shipping containers

// Player Related
cloneCost = 100; // debt incurred on player death
doppelgangerTime = 60; // Controls how long a players body is left behind after disconnect. 0 = disables this.

// vehicles - Max vehicle slots is calculated from per vehicle limits below. Warning! Higher the number lower the performance.
vehicleLockTime = 1800; // Controls how many seconds it takes to allow another person/group to unlock vehicle.
allowedVehiclesList[] = {
	{"C_Offroad_01_EPOCH",8},
	{"C_Quadbike_01_EPOCH",8},
	{"C_Hatchback_01_EPOCH",10},
	{"C_Hatchback_02_EPOCH",10},
	{"C_SUV_01_EPOCH",10},
	{"C_Rubberboat_EPOCH",5},
	{"C_Rubberboat_02_EPOCH",5},
	{"C_Rubberboat_03_EPOCH",5},
	{"C_Rubberboat_04_EPOCH",5},
	{"C_Van_01_box_EPOCH",8},
	{"C_Van_01_transport_EPOCH",9},
	{"C_Boat_Civil_01_EPOCH",5},
	{"C_Boat_Civil_01_police_EPOCH",5},
	{"C_Boat_Civil_01_rescue_EPOCH",5},
	{"B_Heli_Light_01_EPOCH",2},
	{"B_SDV_01_EPOCH",2},
	{"B_MRAP_01_EPOCH",3},
	{"B_Truck_01_transport_EPOCH",1},
	{"B_Truck_01_covered_EPOCH",2},
	{"B_Truck_01_mover_EPOCH",1},
	{"B_Truck_01_box_EPOCH",1},
	{"O_Truck_02_covered_EPOCH",2},
	{"O_Truck_02_transport_EPOCH",1},
	{"O_Truck_03_covered_EPOCH",1},
	{"O_Truck_02_box_EPOCH",1},
	{"I_Heli_light_03_unarmed_EPOCH",1},
	{"O_Heli_Light_02_unarmed_EPOCH",1},
	{"I_Heli_Transport_02_EPOCH",1},
	{"O_Heli_Transport_04_EPOCH",1},
	{"O_Heli_Transport_04_bench_EPOCH", 1},
	{"O_Heli_Transport_04_box_EPOCH", 1},
	{"O_Heli_Transport_04_covered_EPOCH", 1},
	{"B_Heli_Transport_03_unarmed_EPOCH", 1},
	{"jetski_epoch",7},
	{"K01",2},
	{"K02",2},
	{"K03",2},
	{"K04",2},
	{"ebike_epoch", 7},
	{"mosquito_epoch", 7}	
};

// Traders
taxRate = 0.1; // controls extra cost overhead for purchases.
SHOW_TRADERS = true; // used to show locations of traders
NPCSlotsLimit = 50; // Max number of traders static or dynamic. Warning! Higher the number lower performance.
forceStaticTraders = true; // disables traders moving from work to home

// Hive Related
expiresBuilding = "604800";  // expiration date in seconds for buildings
expiresPlayer = "2592000";  // expiration date in seconds for players
expiresVehicle = "604800";  // expiration date in seconds for vehicles
hiveAsync = true; // true = asynchronous hive calls (non blocking), false = synchronous hive calls (blocking)

// Debug Related
DEBUG_VEH = false; // DEBUG ONLY used to debug spawing of vehicles

@EpochHive/epochAH.hpp

// Anti Hack
antihack_Enabled = true; // built-in Anti-Hack
antihack_addOnCheck = true; //addon check
antihack_InvOpenCheck[] = {}; // blank array disables, enable with {6} distance in meters disallows gear access if another player is within this range also disables gear access in vehicles.
antihack_banReason = "EpochMod.com Autoban";
antihack_checkFiles[] = { //script check, leave it blank to disable it
	{"\x\addons\a3_epoch_code\compile\setup\EPOCH_clientInit.sqf", "EPOCH_clientInit"},
	{"\x\addons\a3_epoch_code\compile\EPOCH_onEachFrame.sqf", "EPOCH_onEachFrame"},
	{"\x\addons\a3_epoch_code\compile\setup\EPOCH_masterLoop.sqf", "EPOCH_masterLoop"},
	{"\x\addons\a3_epoch_code\compile\setup\EPOCH_client_rejectPlayer.sqf", "EPOCH_client_rejectPlayer"},
	{"\x\addons\a3_epoch_code\compile\setup\EPOCH_clientRespawn.sqf", "EPOCH_clientRespawn"},
	{"\x\addons\a3_epoch_code\compile\interface_event_handlers\EPOCH_KeyDown.sqf", "EPOCH_KeyDown"}
};
adminMenu_Owner[] = {}; //{{"STEAMID","ADMINNAME"},{"STEAMID","ADMINNAME2"},...}; ADMINNAME will be used for the Admin log instead of in-game name.
/*
Available Settings:
"PLAYER-TELEPORT" => Teleport Admin To Player and Player To Admin
"MAP-TELEPORT" => Click on Map to Teleport
"TARGET-HEAL" => Heal Target
"TARGET-AMMO" => Give Target Ammo
"TARGET-KILL" => Kill Target
"VEHICLEFLIP" => Flip Vehicle
"BANPANNEL" => Access to Banpannel
"SPAWN-MENU" => Access to Spawn Menu
*/
adminMenu_High[] = {}; //{{"STEAMID","ADMINNAME"},{"STEAMID","ADMINNAME2"},...};
adminMenu_HighSetting[] = {"PLAYER-TELEPORT","MAP-TELEPORT","TARGET-HEAL","TARGET-AMMO","TARGET-KILL","VEHICLEFLIP","BANPANNEL"};
adminMenu_Low[] = {}; //{{"STEAMID","ADMINNAME"},{"STEAMID","ADMINNAME2"},...};
adminMenu_LowSetting[] = {"PLAYER-TELEPORT","MAP-TELEPORT","TARGET-HEAL"};
adminMenu_BanReasons[] = {"Traderzone","Hacking","Glitch","Combat Log"};

=== WARNING! REQUIRES EDITING A PBO ===
And anything in the @EpochHive/Addons/a3_epoch_server_settings.pbo may also be changed but keep in mind we will be pushing updates to this config from time to time. The mission pbo's may also be changed but will also be updated from time to time.

worldSize: controls how much of the map is used, this should not need changed unless running on another map than altis or stratis.
containerPos: The location of shipwrecks that spawn small green containers full of precious metals and gems.
telePos: not used atm.
oneWayTelePos: This is the enter and exit locations of the teleport pads on debug island.
propsPos: This is the trader city objects
staticNpcPos: locations of static traders found at trader cities.

No not yet, you can just make your self invisible and then tp.

Hey, I appreciate the server files being released.

Is there a point were you are ever going to let the community modify the mod slightly in the PBO' department?? ;)

Or at some point will there be a way to repack the .dll

Hey, I appreciate the server files being released.

Is there a point were you are ever going to let the community modify the mod slightly in the PBO' department?? ;)

Or at some point will there be a way to repack the .dll

Thanks! it was a lot of work to get things ready. I can say that A3 Epoch will become more open over time.

Things that we should be able to modify: (my opinion)

Trader Content/prices

Trader Locations

Ability to add new trader cities/buildings/etc

I don't think adding / editing these types of things would cause support issues for the devs.

You can edit the trader locations and trader cities.  They are in the a3_epoch_server_settings.pbo, which can be edited without concern for the CRC check.  Trader content can be edited in the database if you are careful.  I'm pretty sure the prices are set in a config somewhere though, which I don't think we have access to (yet).  

You can edit the trader locations and trader cities.  They are in the a3_epoch_server_settings.pbo, which can be edited without concern for the CRC check.  Trader content can be edited in the database if you are careful.  I'm pretty sure the prices are set in a config somewhere though, which I don't think we have access to (yet).  

Pricing is in a3_epoch_config.pbo in configs folder. 

how can i set only daytime please ? Also can you please be more specific about the steam ID i mean about the format of it?? for example should i use complete this string  "STEAM_0:0:xxxxxxxx" or just xxxxxxxx ? Thx

Right now I have mine set at 0,0,0,8,0 and time multiplier at 3 and server cuts of at 4 hours. this gives 8am to 8 pm.

Works great.

Michalss,

You edit it in @epochhive\epochconfig.hpp

The static date time line is the edit. looks like this: StaticDateTime[] = {0,0,0,8,0};

The last 2 numbers are the only 2 you want to edit if you want static time for restart with the day month and year still advancing.

You can also edit time multiplier default is 4 which is a 6 hour full day, I adjusted mine to 6 for a full cycle every 4 hours to match restart. it looks like this: timeMultiplier = 6;

Good luck to you!

how can i set only daytime please ? Also can you please be more specific about the steam ID i mean about the format of it?? for example should i use complete this string  "STEAM_0:0:xxxxxxxx" or just xxxxxxxx ? Thx

steam id64 it starts with a 7

Just to make sure - You have edited the EpochServer.dll, so that it CRC checks if we have anything changed inside the a3_epoch_server.dll?

We did not simply edit the DLL we made it. The DLL checks the a3_epoch_server.pbo to make sure it is compatible and not changed. This does prevent changes to the pbo but only so we get proper feedback and bug reports and not on a 1001+ different changes.

The idea it to encourage people to make actual server side mods or mission edits to do what they want and not just simply changing our code. It has been proven in the past that server admins will fix a "problem" then never report is as a bug then complain on the next release because they have to edit the files again.

Well, i only wanted to change some variables like the spawnchance of the antagonists and stuff like that... Actually Epoch feels good, but on the completly wrong map. Without 60+ people on the server you can loot for hours without getting into action, because you can loot everything everywhere... wanted to create some hotspots (they are actually completly missing), and create more of the random antagonist events.

I understand that you want clean feedback, but feels bad to not be able to touch the code at all...