Ever wanted a roof with big enough doors for heli to fly in?

norsk22771

Hello! i have many times thinked about roof that have big enough doors for a helicopter to fly inside the base, so i tought that it would been a nice feature to have. Heres a picture of the rood door thing.

The door will be sliding and its almost completed with animation, i think for now its only posible to buy via the traders.

The door are big enogh to land an Blackhawk.

Rlease date: [Not set]

ff1c0b6e99ef4ecaa0b0706cba314406.png

What I am getting at is its huge how would one make sense of packing that around and then preview/building it? If it was made with 4 metal floors the weight would be epic.  Can you take a screen shot of a metal floor next to it so I can see the size difference?

• 3 weeks later...

The whole reason for a bigger roof door would be that the heli's could fly through, right? Why would you make it smaller?

And what vbawol says may be true, but the whole weight system isn't logical anyway.

I say make the heli door work for any heli! But it's your project ;)

Would be nice to see a garage door that fits all trucks in game as well, for if you run out of ideas!.

What I am getting at is its huge how would one make sense of packing that around and then preview/building it? If it was made with 4 metal floors the weight would be epic.  Can you take a screen shot of a metal floor next to it so I can see the size difference?

Well you are talking about a game where you can carry car wheels and rotor assemblies in your pockets.

In all honestly I am thinking of hacking the hell out of the weight system and hopefully get rid of the encumbered bug where you are stuck in a permanent animation loop. 

But as VB says, placing it could be problematic. I have issues placing even normal walls in Epoch (base building 1.2 had similar issues). 

We need a better 3rd person view for building things, perhaps if the free look script from vehicles could be adapted to work while building?

I think you should stick with the original layout. Helicopters are more for groups of people who need gunners. Generally, for our group, we have about 3-4 people on at once. But the group stems to about 8-9 people. The orignal sizing you show the blackhawk with I think works perfectly. Not only if you make it available for heli's to open it up and fly through, you could use it as a roof to your base. Put some sandbags along the walls or hesco barriers, you'll then have a multifunctional air lock system.

as far as the "size" of this goes in conjunction with crafting it, why not add another level of crafting where you take 2 or 3 cinder block half walls and craft into another item, like Hangar wall, and then by scrolling on it, after placement, you get the option to upgrade... say 3 more block walls to upgrade to a large hangar wall (which basically puts a second wall up) then again for the 3rd wall, 4th wall and then 4 floors to build the platform and then 4 more to build the door.

We build a half wall now and then upgrade it, why not do the same thing on a larger scale.

as for the location, why not add the clutter remove script to the build. it works for crashes, why not for crafting?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello there I added this to my server using maccas elevator script, I just put it up quickly to try it, you could make it look a lot nicer im sure

I dont know whether there's a way to stop any person coming along and opening it though.

Ignore the bit at the end with the apache, I was trying to show I could land something on it!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJn75o7W8kI

• 2 weeks later...

I always did think the elevator script could be one way to accomplish this. It would be nice, though, if you could create an object which acts as an activator that is able to activate multiple "elevators" at once. For instance, your roof is made up of 8 elevators that move to the side. When you trigger the activator, it makes all 8 elevators go to the stop, thus opening the roof.