Server Hosting.

AdmiralAK

Hey guys! 

I know about 5 thousand of you are going to jump on the server files release but I thought I could let you all know of a little group of people who have a server pre ordered and waiting to go as soon as the files are with our host :)

We call ourselves the Nomads and there are 5 initial members (14 in total at the moment) . we do not ask anything from you just that you enjoy the servers, have fun and give us some feedback when you feel it is needed. 

There will be 2 North American admins and 2 European admins to start with the server Hosted in London.

Once the server is up we will be getting used to the ins and outs but you will be able to join (if all goes to plan) and we will be fully ready by Friday night. 

You can find the server rules (basically dont be a dick) and the server IP at www.thenomadclan.net

we will implement a click to join as soon as we can

We do not ask any legion,  nor do we want you to not have fun. use the forums as you will and most of all kick some ass on Epoch

Have fun and I hope to see you round :)

(please let me know if we are not allowed to post these here) 

Serverfiles will be released soon, so please just wait as the 5000 others do as well :) Tanks

haha thanks for the response buddy! 

I may have labelled the topic wrong. I am looking for people to come and play on our server when it goes up later today :P 

everyone is welcome :D 

Hey guys! 

I know about 5 thousand of you are going to jump on the server files release but I thought I could let you all know of a little group of people who have a server pre ordered and waiting to go as soon as the files are with our host :)

We call ourselves the Nomads and there are 5 initial members (14 in total at the moment) . we do not ask anything from you just that you enjoy the servers, have fun and give us some feedback when you feel it is needed. 

There will be 2 North American admins and 2 European admins to start with the server Hosted in London.

Once the server is up we will be getting used to the ins and outs but you will be able to join (if all goes to plan) and we will be fully ready by Friday night. 

You can find the server rules (basically dont be a dick) and the server IP at www.thenomadclann.net 

we will implement a click to join as soon as we can

We do not ask any legion,  nor do we want you to not have fun. use the forums as you will and most of all kick some ass on Epoch

Have fun and I hope to see you round :)

(please let me know if we are not allowed to post these here) 

Wrong URL....maybe one "n" too much ;)

i cant wait to see 5000 servers pop up with 3 players on each server :v then next month see 4000 less servers and 1000 with more players than the month before :D

I agree. Hence why I am going to actively recruit for our server, I would like us to be one of the 1000, we are not asking for anything like some are but we are willing to put our time into it if you guys are willing to play :) 

One thousand? I've never seen one thousand individual players on A3Epoch, nevermind servers.

Anyway, this is where the evolution begins. There'll be many mutations but only a few will be positive enough to survive.

Go and ask dave beast how many players have passed through his server, He can do this easily on rcon dart for instance and im betting its in the thousands ;)

Ours will be hosted on SSD through GTX gaming :) full admin access and control so reliability should not be the issue. Just need a player base :)

From one server admin to another, if you want to build a community, the best way to do that is to have a solid, mature admin team who truly care about their guests and want them to have a great gaming experience just as much as you do.  Servers are a dime a dozen.  They come and go every day and there will literally be thousands of them players can pick from.  The best way to make yours stand out is to interact with your guests, help them as much as you can, and enforce the rules clearly and consistently.  In my experience, it's not about what perks you have, or what scripts your server runs, it's about making your guests feel safe and welcome.  And that's largely up to your admin team.  Focus on getting quality people instead of quantity and you can build an awesome community.  

Lol that bad huh? I heard they were the better of the hosters xD 

can you recommend any good ones?

Swiftnode.net will be providing Arma 3 Epoch once the server files are released and is sorted. No further news as of yet. All Server nodes run on E5-1620v2 or greater machines with DDoS Protection (10Gbps / 4mmps or 2Gbps)

From one server admin to another, if you want to build a community, the best way to do that is to have a solid, mature admin team who truly care about their guests and want them to have a great gaming experience just as much as you do.  Servers are a dime a dozen.  They come and go every day and there will literally be thousands of them players can pick from.  The best way to make yours stand out is to interact with your guests, help them as much as you can, and enforce the rules clearly and consistently.  In my experience, it's not about what perks you have, or what scripts you run, it's about making your guests feel safe and welcome.  And that's largely up to your admin team.  Focus on getting quality people instead of quantity and you can build an awesome community.  

That's what I am aiming for due to unsavory experiences of my own. I want to make sure our base feels safe and fun. Thanks for the heads up :) It would be real nice to have a few server admins that help one another where we can. 

That's what I am aiming for due to unsavory experiences of my own. I want to make sure our base feels safe and fun. Thanks for the heads up :) It would be real nice to have a few server admins that help one another where we can. 

Yeah you're definitely going to want some help.  Don't try to do it all yourself.  You'll just get burnt out.  Running a server isn't as simple as set it and forget it.  You will spend countless hours pouring through logs, tweaking this and that and dealing with bugs, glitches and player issues.  It's a big commitment that shouldn't be taken lightly.  Many people don't realize what all goes into it until they try it for themselves.  It doesn't take long until they get a rude awakening.  

Yeah you're definitely going to want some help.  Don't try to do it all yourself.  You'll just get burnt out.  Running a server isn't as simple as set it and forget it.  You will spend countless hours pouring through logs, tweaking this and that and dealing with bugs, glitches and player issues.  It's a big commitment that shouldn't be taken lightly.  Many people don't realize what all goes into it until they try it for themselves.  It doesn't take long until they get a rude awakening.  

We have a team of 4 (2 USA and 2 EU) to start with. hopefully splitting the load into shifts. Many hands make light work or a complete mess! xD 

Cannot wait to get involved though.

Chin off hosters like GTX and co, and go to an actual dedicated server hoster like Hetzner or OVH (Avoid SYS and their lower branded offshoot) and then you never have piss poor performance or customer support that is benny hill esque like.

maybe we will have to look into some others later down the line. But for now having a pre installed server ready to go is the way forward. keep it vanilla as such and that way i can find support easier. 

it really isnt the way forward, but if you want that then i guess its down to you.

Hosters v Dedi, anyone in their right mind will tell you Hosters suck wang, as they ALWAYS over rent their boxes.  It may take a while befoe they get greedy, but eventually they all do then your server suffers.

it really isnt the way forward, but if you want that then i guess its down to you.

Hosters v Dedi, anyone in their right mind will tell you Hosters suck wang, as they ALWAYS over rent their boxes.  It may take a while befoe they get greedy, but eventually they all do then your server suffers.

I meant the way forward for now. not a long term plan but the start of our bigger plan :) 

When that time comes I shall take all the logs and backups and move to a Dedi :)

Dedi is the best. You pay as much for a "good" Dedi as for an 100 Slots Gameserver at Vert.

Also these Gameproviders host more then 10 Servers on one machine. If you neighbor has 100 Slots full you will have some shit ass lags n shit ;)

No probs, just trying to point you in the right direction.

Thank you for the assistance guys :) hopefully I will see some of you around :)