Developers: You should do something against this:

Stranger

I'm pretty sure what he's saying is that they don't make money DIRECTLY from Epoch.  They make money from renting servers for hundreds of different games.

The more popular the game, the more money they'll make.

If Epoch mod is very popular and it makes people rent more servers they are making more money.  

I'm pretty sure what he's saying is that they don't make money DIRECTLY from Epoch.  They make money from renting servers for hundreds of different games.

The more popular the game, the more money they'll make.

If Epoch mod is very popular and it makes people rent more servers they are making more money.  

Some what like that. But what i am trying to say is someone out their always make money of epoch. Whether its the Datacenter renting the box or GSP hosting multiply servers.

and to your earlier post:

The fact that we are in their shit is because it's fucking wrong. Let someone steal your work that you put numerous hours into and then go make money off it knowing that you could never make a dime off it legally. 

That is not your shit in the first place. I don't see your name in the credits of Arma 3 Epoch. I said too in the first post "It understand-able that Epoch DEV don't want this, since they made it. But everyone else needs to leave.".

Also for the fact this most of you are guessing this. I do run a donation site. With that in mind. I keep my server and my forum account separated. And if you wanted to know i have credits in A2 Epoch, cause i want to help out name make epoch better. But dose that mean i can run a donation site?

Oh jeez.

They would make money on other games if they didn't have epoch. Taogeht has it right. They do not make money DIRECTLY from the server files they put with their package as the server files will be free for anyone.

Not really, they could make money directly. If they make enough money to pay for 10Boxs with Minecraft servers and only use 5/10boxes. Then they host Epoch servers on the other 5 boxes and their. You are now making profit DIRECTLY from Epoch.

And this is why server-files should be released to somewhat trusted/respected communities only.

Fucking joke tbh. 

That site/server is only the first of many to come that'll be operating with financial gains as number one priority..

The players that pay for those advantages need to ask themselves if Epoch is really the mod for them. Just go play wasteland or something  <_<

There's donating to support the community/server and then there's paying to win.

That is not your shit in the first place. I don't see your name in the credits of Arma 3 Epoch. I said too in the first post "It understand-able that Epoch DEV don't want this, since they made it. But everyone else needs to leave.".

Also for the fact this most of you are guessing this. I do run a donation site. With that in mind. I keep my server and my forum account separated. And if you wanted to know i have credits in A2 Epoch, cause i want to help out name make epoch better. But dose that mean i can run a donation site?

Lol, I'm going to stop myself here. 

And this is why server-files should be released to somewhat trusted/respected communities only.

Fucking joke tbh. 

That site/server is only the first of many to come that'll be operating with financial gains as number one priority..

You do realize that Epoch Gave the server file out to "trusted/respected communities only" and one of the first was BRFM, and Maca Call them out. They used to run $50/mo for simple Crossbow loadouts. Thats what everyone is trying to say. When BRFM Epoch server were crashing they took the money and left. Then came back with Arma 3 epoch. Epoch DEV knew they ran donation sites but they still gave them the server files. Why? Maybe a under that table deal? Who knows. And what about infistar, one of the Epoch Dev Stole his work and put it right into Epoch and said it was theirs. When infistar call them out. They banned him on the forums.

http://infistar.de/epoch.html

Fucking joke tbh. 

The players that pay for those advantages need to ask themselves if Epoch is really the mod for them. Just go play wasteland or something  <_<

There's donating to support the community/server and then there's paying to win.

Couldn't agree more!!

You do realize that Epoch Gave the server file out to "trusted/respected communities only" and one of the first was BRFM, and Maca Call them out. They used to run $50/mo for simple Crossbow loadouts. Thats what everyone is trying to say. When BRFM Epoch server were crashing they took the money and left. Then came back with Arma 3 epoch. Epoch DEV knew they ran donation sites but they still gave them the server files. Why? Maybe a under that table deal? Who knows. And what about infistar, one of the Epoch Dev Stole his work and put it right into Epoch and said it was theirs. When infistar call them out. They banned him on the forums.

http://infistar.de/epoch.html

I was unaware of the "$50/month for loadouts", I don't know if the devs knew about it or not, so can't really comment. I wouldn't have thought they'd offer p2win on that level, but if they were then yeah, I agree, they shouldn't have involved in the early release server hosting.

Not going to comment on the infistar situation, it'll only create more drama and it's not really relevant.

On the subject of GSPs - I don't see them making much money at all from offering Epoch right now. It's using a lot of CPU resources and they won't be able to squeeze as many instances on one physical server as they'd like, and if they do then enjoy the lag :p

I was unaware of the "$50/month for loadouts", I don't know if the devs knew about it or not, so can't really comment.

If they were operating a pay-to-win scheme of that level then yeah, I agree, they shouldn't have involved in the early release server hosting. Their server doesn't appear to be doing so well at the moment anyway.

Not going to comment on the infistar situation, it'll only create more drama and it's not really relevant.

True. But the Epoch DEV know heavily about this. When Awol posted this Epoch Started to tell them about BRFM. But BRFM was giving them a "Development Box" So Epoch DEV could get a free server to work on. I guess that box is still online and the DEV have the password to it. Theirs a lot of shady things going on behind closed doors, that they dont want people to know.

This is how we know Epoch DEV know about it:

http://2017mod.com/ Don't think it's in development anymore.

It most certainly is. I'm testing in it's closed alpha stage with a small group currently. It's actually made strides of progress over the past month. I think many will be surprised at it's open release once we get through the rest of this testing phase and get some of it's current bugs worked out.

Aside from that, Donation shops this early on are ridiculous, and I know for a fact that the dev team has already mentioned they would lawyer up the minute they caught wind of this. So I doubt they will let it stand. 

Legion's server will not support this type of nonsense once we go official, and even as unofficial we have turned down several requests to donate for incentive. We aren't in the business of making money. We are in the business of making a good time. It's a shame people are already losing sight of what this mod is being released to public for.

It is, they're working on an Arma 3 version just now.

It most certainly is. I'm testing in it's closed alpha stage with a small group currently. It's actually made strides of progress over the past month. I think many will be surprised at it's open release once we get through the rest of this testing phase and get some of it's current bugs worked out.

Aside from that, Donation shops this early on are ridiculous, and I know for a fact that the dev team has already mentioned they would lawyer up the minute they caught wind of this. So I doubt they will let it stand. 

Legion's server will not support this type of nonsense once we go official, and even as unofficial we have turned down several requests to donate for incentive. We aren't in the business of making money. We are in the business of making a good time. It's a shame people are already losing sight of what this mod is being released to public for.

Ahh, Thanks. The last time I had checked there site there had no been any updates for a while. Glad to see they are in still in development..

We no longer offer donation perks (since it is against arma's tos). Our $50 donator loadout was back when we hosted wasteland a year and a half ago... We shut down our wasteland server around the time arma 3 came out due to extremely low population and server issues caused by a wasteland developer we hired to help us. We did offer very limited donation loadouts with Epoch but have since stopped offering them after BMRF took a 6 month break from hosting servers and came back to host Overpoch / DayZero and Arma 3 Epoch.

We will NEVER have donation style loadouts or items on our servers again since they indeed break the Arma ToS and we would like to maintain a happy and heathly relationship with the Epoch Devs as well as the Arma Devs.

Reading through this thread ive noticed some outrageous accusations that do not contain all the facts and are simply assumptions about the BMRF community (specifically by someone who doesnt even know how to spell our community name......)

If you have any issues, questions or comments, please feel free to PM me here or on the BMRF forums. The only reason I found this thread is because I did a total forum search for any new threads that mention BMRF in it.