Customisable Server/Mission Variables

Igirisujin

After a quick discussion with one of the Epoch devs, it was suggested that I make this thread on behalf of server hosts and mod makers to allow as much customisation as possible without infringing the Epoch licence.

Essentially, due to the inability to distribute modified versions of the Epoch mod, I hear there are going to be some variables we will be able to set in the mission/server files in order to enable/disable/adjust features within the mod. I'm unaware of exactly what these variables are going to be so here are a few suggestions that me and the rest of the DayZRP developer team have come up with.

If anyone else wishes to add to this list of suggestions, feel free to reply and I'll throw them into the OP to keep them compiled together.

• Change spawnable creatures/mobs
  • Creature/mob spawn rate/timer
  • Creature/mob spawn numbers
  • Dead body cleanup rate
  • Trader inventories
  • Loot tables
  • Random event rates (earthquakes ..etc)
  • Weather

Well all those things are possible now but my GSP is telling me we can't modify any of the PBO's, kind of annoying, I was hoping to move the teleport locations away from the trader cities. Turn vehicleSimulation on and make the weather more stormy, all simple little changes that can make the game better and give my server that little difference to the rest.

Well all those things are possible now but my GSP is telling me we can't modify any of the PBO's, kind of annoying, I was hoping to move the teleport locations away from the trader cities. Turn vehicleSimulation on and make the weather more stormy, all simple little changes that can make the game better and give my server that little difference to the rest.

You can edit about 20 different settings without even touching a pbo. You can edit the trader cites, static traders, teleport locations already by editing the a3_epoch_server_settings.pbo

Wait, what?

You can edit about 20 different settings without even touching a pbo. You can edit the trader cites, static traders, teleport locations already by editing the a3_epoch_server_settings.pbo

So I can alter that one? Which is a pbo.....