MGT server is banning anyone with a previous VAC ban on thier steam accs!

Tywin

Is this allowed and is this going to be implemented for all epoch servers?

I know Breakpoint did this and I think it sucks that you get a ban from a game that you have never hacked on.

My VAC ban is from a long time ago when I was young and I think I payed for that mistake already by being banned from said game, non Arma related.

Yea it really sucks I can understand banning those who hacked in Arma, which I never done.. I have been on MGT for a few weeks now, never cheated or duped, i just feel this is so unfair as I put in a lot of hours on this server and really love the community and to be punished at such a later date for something that happened in a different game and at a different time is so unfair, could you not flag those with VAC bans and watch them for suspicious activity rather than just straight out ban them for something totally unrelated to this game?

So you steal from old ladies but not from your mum?  

You cheated.. Get over it.. there's plenty of servers that allow you in, go play there.

Our server will fully support VAC bans.

VAC is there for a reason, and deals with people who ban, we have payed for our crimes and have learned our lessons from them, why should we be persecuted now and on a different game?

I completely support banning people that have VAC bans on their account. People that have hacked in the past have higher chance to hack again. I don't have much sympathy for you Tywin. Never needed to "learn my lesson" since I never cheated.

All it means is we have to pay more for our crimes and buy arma again on a new steam acc, its not as fool proof as you think, its just kinda dumb banning people that have a clean vac record for arma,

Well that is what most skiddies have to do anyway. Thanks for supporting Arma by having to rebuy the game!  I happen to be proud of my 10+ year original Steam account. Seems kids these days have to much money and not enough sense.

All it means is we have to pay more for our crimes and buy arma again on a new steam acc, its not as fool proof as you think, its just kinda dumb banning people that have a clean vac record for arma,

Shops share info on thieves, pubs/clubs share info on trouble makers, there are many more examples. Your lucky you have the option to switch to another 'persona'.