Custom NWAF military compound

Antichrist

This is my custom made Military/Industrial compound located on NWAF , functional and provides everything you might need when you come across it regardless if it's day or night in chernarus.

Features:

• Functional street lights within the compound
  • Refueling station inside the compound
  • Refueling stations for planes on south side of the runway
  • 10 Barracks
  • Firestation
  • Industrials
  • Hospital
  • No grass inside

10 Barracks?  WTF? A bit excessive ain't it?

So what are you going to call it?  Sniper heaven?   Or Death City?   C.O.D. Airport?   O.P. Emporium?   or....?

To make a really cool custom map, there is more to it rather than just dumping everything in one spot to make a one stop shopping plaza.  I've seen this type of idea countless times on other maps and has always been nothing but problems from sniper wanna-be campers to rage quitters from having traveled so far to only meet their death.  Also during times of low population, people will hoard up so much money from selling gun that are coming out of ever major orifice you will have a hard time determining who is legit and who is sitting in their base duping.

In the end this will kill your server.  You should try to use more creativity and place things in strategic locations rather than dump everything in one spot.  Check out the most NW corner of the perimeter fence.  You can block off a few fence entry ways and turn that into a nice little area that is harder to snipe than the obvious center of the airfield.  You could also beef up the barracks area south of the airfield as well, or even along the roads near the east entry.

<snip>

If you don't like it then don't download it, or edit it to your liking for your server.

There's really no need to criticise it like that, especially when the OP has put in time and effort and is offering it to the community. 

If you think your suggestions are a great idea, get editing from scratch and post it yourself.

So what are you going to call it?  Sniper heaven?   Or Death City?   C.O.D. Airport?   O.P. Emporium?   or....?

To make a really cool custom map, there is more to it rather than just dumping everything in one spot to make a one stop shopping plaza.  I've seen this type of idea countless times on other maps and has always been nothing but problems from sniper wanna-be campers to rage quitters from having traveled so far to only meet their death.  Also during times of low population, people will hoard up so much money from selling gun that are coming out of ever major orifice you will have a hard time determining who is legit and who is sitting in their base duping.

In the end this will kill your server.  You should try to use more creativity and place things in strategic locations rather than dump everything in one spot.  Check out the most NW corner of the perimeter fence.  You can block off a few fence entry ways and turn that into a nice little area that is harder to snipe than the obvious center of the airfield.  You could also beef up the barracks area south of the airfield as well, or even along the roads near the east entry.

I do agree with you, but it's what he wanted to build so stop being an ass. You could've had a bit more constructive criticism instead of making fun of his build. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I do agree with you, but it's what he wanted to build so stop being an ass. You could've had a bit more constructive criticism instead of making fun of his build.

He wasn't being an ass, not in my oppinion. He might have said things a bit rough, but if read closely you do see, that he was trying to help, giving advise and tipps on how to do it better.

Obviously some people share his oppinion and it's really up to the creator what he does with this. It's not like he is saying everything is shit because i find it shit. You know what i mean?

Anyway, i can't quite agree, that it's a bad spot. Campers are well campers. They will allways find a spot, no matter how or where. Also about the money and duping, that really depends on your loot table, your trader prices, your mission loot and ofc player activity.

Also, don't forget, that on a pvp server this area will force people into a fight and they should know that. Which makes it difficulty to loot every single barracks and get away safe.

• 2 weeks later...