What if the air was not really breathable?

Tobias Solem

What if you spawned, and very slowly started losing health in Epoch due to the air being hazardous to breathe?

And had to obtain a gas mask and replaceable filters to stay healthy?

What if there were injections or pills you could find and take to counter the toxins in the air?

And what if those who had lived for long enough and developed an immunity to the toxins making the gas masks and injections unnecessary?

As long as these items spawn at a rate where you have a good possibility of finding an item before becoming annoyed, I would like it.

But if they were too easy to find, what would be the point, other than maybe a 'training lesson' for these kind of potential necessities later in game. Like sickness for ex.

The thing with this kind of stuff imo, is that there is a fine line between a challenge, and a nuisance.

I would like the idea that certain areas were polluted. Or maybe, you get more than just 'soiled' from trashpiles... as a risk/reward kind of thing.

I would like the idea that certain areas were polluted. Or maybe, you get more than just 'soiled' from trashpiles... as a risk/reward kind of thing.

Kinda offtopic, but just had the sudden idea from this comment.

Would be awesome if your soiled level was beyond lets say 75, you would cause other people to cough around you (because of the smell). This could be used both as a motivation to lower soiled status when playing in teams and as a tool to spot hidden players nearby.

You, ofcourse wouldn't mind since you're already used to smelling like crap :D

I like this idea as long as something like dust filters were easily available. Maybe become useless over time (constant finding of air filters) but easily available. Why i say this is because with the high populated servers, the new spawns have bigger fish to fry then worrying about filters. I have noticed with 100 people on the server, fresh spawns have a hard enough time to stay alive, don't really need anything more added to them. Plus with the things coming to Epoch in the future, it might be just hard enough for these freshies. 

On lower populated times, yes this idea would be ideal. Something added to the challenge of survival. As long as something "disposable" was easily gained, then ya this idea would work. As you loot more, something more rare like a gas mask (doesn't ware over time) could be obtained. 

This is only my opinion of the idea.