Can we make the garage door frame a bit taller to allow the passage of cargo trucks

mikeloeven

First how about everyone here STFU(In the nicest way possible). You guy dont know anything about 3d modding. It not as easy as clicking "New Topic" then say I want this and hitting post. It way more harder then you think it is. You have to make the object, then you have to make 3 different cols for them, The damages for them and then you need to classname them, set up the correct settings. Then you can start the scripting part for the moving objects. So how about you guys stop your bitching this is in every single server. Awols is well aware of this and its not like he has it all done and is just not putting it in. If you guys really want it, how about you go out and make it and stop complaining for something that is free and its not like you guys donated and you are still not happy.

well. i think you just missunderstood the whole thread and the section of this forum... Feedback. What if our feedback is: we need higher doors? nobody offends you personally, so don't freak out.

And: if the developer is aware of this problem, why he isn't interested in posting it here?
this topic is here for several days now...

i guess, if more and more people give feedback about this topic, it gains more weight.

and i think nobody really complains about this, we only make wishes. (well it is a pain in the ass, if your full mounted MTVR was just blown up because u can't save it)

And until this is fixed: buy a V3S. its not a beauty, but it even fits a wooden garage door and has the same amount of slots as an MTVR. My team is happy with this, because they only need the truck for gathering stuff and then bring the convoy to the traders.

cheers

First this topic has been made in "Oct 2013". So not a few dayz more like a few months. When every post they say "Make this", "Do this". With every post it people saying make it. People gave the methods to by-pass this issue. But what everyone dose not understand is that there more then 10(est) about this. This may be a Feedback thread. 1 post is all it takes to tell them. Not the same old post being Bump, everyday for something that we already know. I am a 3d designer, but for the game "Grand Theft Auto SA". The basics are the same, but the configuring is the difference. I have plan to make a Large Door, but very difficult since arma's objects are different from what i am good at.

i guess, if more and more people give feedback about this topic, it gains more weight.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cinderblock garage doors should allow for taller vehicles to pass through.

Should allow or does allow? ;D

I know this is an older post, but I've never seen a resolution posted.  Last I've heard they do not allow all vehicles to pass through as-is.  A garage doorway must be raised 3 (small) increments which leaves the bottom of the doorway open when the door is down/closed.  This is a list I found on this issue from a while back:

• Utility Fuel: Fits
  • Utility Truck: DOES NOT FIT
  • V3S Fuel: Fits
  • V3S Truck: Fits
  • MTVR Fuel: DOES NOT FIT
  • MTVR Truck: DOES NOT FIT

• 1 year later...

Should allow or does allow? ;D

I know this is an older post, but I've never seen a resolution posted.  Last I've heard they do not allow all vehicles to pass through as-is.  A garage doorway must be raised 3 (small) increments which leaves the bottom of the doorway open when the door is down/closed.  This is a list I found on this issue from a while back:

• Utility Fuel: Fits
  • Utility Truck: DOES NOT FIT
  • V3S Fuel: Fits
  • V3S Truck: Fits
  • MTVR Fuel: DOES NOT FIT
  • MTVR Truck: DOES NOT FIT

If the server you play on has vector building, you can turn garage doors sideways and have them open up like a cabinet.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually all Trucks fit, you just need to smash them in with force or flatten the tires.

But yeah like all have said, it's no big deal anymore with vector build.