{Request} Vehicle Garage

emwilsh

@sandbird he did say he takes no credit for that code and is just trying to help, lets not get so dramatic here.

Doesn't matter... snooping in someone's mission file only to post the code on a forum is just scum-bag like. Presuming that's what he did...

@sandbird he did say he takes no credit for that code and is just trying to help, lets not get so dramatic here.

He may not be taking credit for the code but he did not give any credit to the original author either.

Nor did he mention where he got the code. Did the original author want this released? Was it stolen from a mission file?

From the looks of those variable names, I don't think this was intended to be released.

Haha changing variable names doesn't stop someone reading the code :D a simple find and replace using notepad ++ would show that up. Decent try but its not a unique system nor one that is publicly available.

These files were stolen from my old Chernarus server...So 'HE' stole the files.....why else would he have 6months old files on his computer.... "not taking credit" my ass.

I mean wtf...i spend 3 weeks in making something to populate my clan's server and a 'SadPanda' type of guy comes and release it in public.

And @TehGunz .... good luck decoding them. The time you'll spend in decoding my mission files could be spent in learning how to code and do things yourself.

"Lets not get too dramatic here".....how about I join your server, steal anything custom you've made and release it in public...so you got nothing unique on your server anymore.

Would you like that? Unless of course you are just a copy/paster...with 0 coding knowledge....then yeah....i understand why you wouldnt get pissed off.

FFS i made the 3d.live.mission just for this reason...so people can learn to code and debug in dayz the fastest way possible, without having to start a server and test things....only to be backstabbed again by yet another guy....You stole the files? Fine....use them for your own server....dont make them public you noob without asking first.

Screw this.....i wont be releasing anything else until i see soulfinder banned.

Sandbird, I definitely understand your frustration and anger. Your contributions to the Epoch community are hugely appreciated and please don't feel undervalued because a couple of miscreants treat your hard work with disrespect. I hope I speak for 99% of the community in saying that the majority of us don't condone or tolerate the stealing of someone else's hard work. I hope the Epoch moderators also feel the same way and give you the respect you deserve.

/salute

@sandbird I honestly don't know why you are suddenly getting aggressive, and by the way feel free to hop on my servers as any unique code is handled server side and client side things can be found everywhere now. I have no interest in decoding your mission file as I feel like you do, considering we (LordGeorge) at EvOG created Overpoch and look how public that got. I respect people who know how to code as I am not a noob but defiantly not a professional, after all that's what this part of the forums is for, however getting aggressive is not needed.

My point here is that I understand how you feel but considering the fact that as you said, the majority is server side, whats the issue here. People have done this with many servers (including mine) and its an issue which you just have to push through. I apologize for whatever I did and as I said I have no intention or desire to try and decode something if you do not want people to as I respect originality and author rights.

@sandbird I honestly don't know why you are suddenly getting aggressive, and by the way feel free to hop on my servers as any unique code is handled server side and client side things can be found everywhere now. I have no interest in decoding your mission file as I feel like you do, considering we (LordGeorge) at EvOG created Overpoch and look how public that got. I respect people who know how to code as I am not a noob but defiantly not a professional, after all that's what this part of the forums is for, however getting aggressive is not needed.

My point here is that I understand how you feel but considering the fact that as you said, the majority is server side, whats the issue here. People have done this with many servers (including mine) and its an issue which you just have to push through. I apologize for whatever I did and as I said I have no intention or desire to try and decode something if you do not want people to as I respect originality and author rights.

no such thing as stealing from a mission file. It's all public code at that point.

Chances are you need some server-side code though to get this to work, so you won't get very far with the mission files anyway.

I dont mind sharing...I've given 90% of the code requested by people in pm messages. Some ofc i have to keep for myself, cause otherwise you cant populate your server.....especially scripts that has taken me weeks to write like the Virtual Garage or the Bunker.

Sure i've done the same thing when i first started, checking code from mission files and adding it on my server but i never released that stuff publicly. That is a total lame thing to do.

Even if you hide 50% of your functions in the server files, still the other 50% is out there.

I am getting pissed off cause this thing has happened numerous times in the past like, for example the Neon script...I saw a video on youtube about a mod (that got eventually abandoned) that had it...I was like hmm cool idea.....

I sat down wrote the script and then after a year, what do you know, it was stolen and released in opendayz, and it even had a support thread !

I talked with the guy who posted it and we sorted things out. The halfwit (sadpanda) that stole it send him all my scripts....no credits no nothing....but he didnt have the server files , so now whoever has the script in their server, the effect works only locally for each client.

Same thing happened with Nitro, and so many others.

...i dont mind if someone secretly get the files to put them in his server....but the minute you send it out public without even a notice, then you're pissing me off.

And on another note, Sadpanda's post in opendayz got deleted the same day by the forum mods and he got banned......where are the EPOCH moderators?

That is a pretty dick move though.

As a "copy/paster" of code from this forum, I am learning as I go. I have only been at this for about 2 months and already am fault finding most of my own issues, etc. I am a LONG way from coding my own stuff, however I would NEVER join a server just to steal someone elses code to release as my own. I would much prefer the satisfaction of either learning to do it myself or getting the code from a released mod/script and trying to pull it apart myself to try and understand it. 

lol steal public code? How can you steal something that is free\public? Explain? Plus his code gives you a idea how he did it, the average joe like you ElDubya couldn't do nothing with it. I simply answered a question to help the community, than all the hitler coders show there true NON community helping colors. So when I release My version, its not His version of virtual garage.

SandHilter why aren't you releasing this code if your such a COMMUNITY HELP??????? Explain. since you dodge that question.

x|s0u|

Wow you are a special breed of ignorant.. Releasing stuff takes a lot of time which coders usually rather spend on coding. Unlike you, Sandbird has done plenty of stuff to earn his community helper award. If you are truly the helper you claim to be, you would have (re)written it yourself and public release it then, not copy paste code that clearly isnt yours.

Any fool can log onto a server and take the mission file, but it takes an idiot to upload and post them publicly.

You suck.

+1 for voteban.

@f3cuk Agree with you. This guy should get banned.

But good news for everyone who wants the virtual garage. I will release my source code so you have a base to enhance it and modify to your needs. (Approximately this weekend)

Short demonstration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teIyjZK0qhc&list=UUBL3yQOfqF66ijA8CP6jpCg

@f3cuk Agree with you. This guy should get banned.

But good news for everyone who wants the virtual garage. I will release my source code so you have a base to enhance it and modify to your needs. (Approximately this weekend)

Short demonstration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teIyjZK0qhc&list=UUBL3yQOfqF66ijA8CP6jpCg

Question, what always troubled me making this is the following question:

If u store a car and take it out, wil it be fully fixed again? or is that saved 2?

@GZA: That is awesome on so many levels!

• Less vehicles on server (better performance)
  • Less people complaining their locked vehicles get messed up
  • Reminds me of GTA

Suggestions i'd like to add are:

• Possibility of one vehicle per garage
  • Possibility of building garage / helipad without the chems thingie

@GZA: That is awesome on so many levels!

• Less vehicles on server (better performance)
  • Less people complaining their locked vehicles get messed up
  • Reminds me of GTA

I got Z-Craft ^^

Which is an upgraded AAC -> ALOT OF PERFORMANCE UPDATES ( cus sorry, that code was shit ( but it worked tho)) ^^.

U can craft from your toolbox -> right click ^^

Question, what always troubled me making this is the following question:

If u store a car and take it out, wil it be fully fixed again? or is that saved 2?

Everything is saved in DB so fuel, damage and hitpoints get restored.

Would be nice but atm i don't have time to continue developing it.

Source Code:

https://seafile.zombieapo.eu/d/1cdde343bd/

Basic install instructions:

https://seafile.zombieapo.eu/d/1cdde343bd/files/?p=/Virtual%20Garage/README.txt

Probably i will create an extra topic later but for now i only publish the source code. 

NOTE: It is not finished and there could be bugs. Probably i will not continue working on the script.