What's the point of building when people can destroy your base with c4

howhigh2

Take the C4 out.  Simple. Problem solved.  Oh wait, there are grenade trucks also and HE rounds on other vehicles that will probably make it into this version of Epoch. (who knows)

If you take out C4, Grenade Trucks, etc then people will just kamikazi into a base to destroy it...over and over and over.  People do it now to blow up all the vehicles parked inside a base.

So many other ways to grief someone's base.  In the end, i hope someone adds a custom script for this or the Epoch devs add the option.  I think early on it wont matter because I predict most communities will have to do wipes more frequently early on.

What they could do is make only c4 be able to destroy walls and create a separate system for that. Something like coins, they are not a regular item. If they could make a c4 system that cant be hacked or duped that would be the only solution.

Maybe if you couldn't just find satchel charges but had to craft them?  But again, you don't really even need c4 if you have a vehicle to sacrifice, correct?  Mmmm server building slots full, nothing but half-destroyed, abandoned bases laying about.  It's perfect the way it is, obviously.

LAWL, without the raiding of bases... what's the point really?   Pack rat a bunch of shit that never gets used? If your base doesnt get raided then it's kind of end game once its built. You have nothing else to accomplish at that point.

Of course some no-balls low life is going to wait for you to hop offline and blow your place up once in awhile, but its survival of the fittest. Get even, dont get butthurt. 

LAWL, without the raiding of bases... what's the point really?   Pack rat a bunch of shit that never gets used? If your base doesnt get raided then it's kind of end game once its built. You have nothing else to accomplish at that point.

Of course some no-balls low life is going to wait for you to hop offline and blow your place up once in awhile, but its survival of the fittest. Get even, dont get butthurt. 

Maybe you should read the whole threat, then you would find out, that there other options to raid a base without destroying it. Do you think, a housebreaker would use a charge do break into a house, or do you think he will use a ladder, a lock pick or something else?

It is not the goal, that nobody can raid a base, but it can not be, that a base can be destroyed in seconds.

Maybe you should read the whole threat, then you would find out, that there other options to raid a base without destroying it. Do you think, a housebreaker would use a charge do break into a house, or do you think he will use a ladder, a lock pick or something else?

It is not the goal, that nobody can raid a base, but it can not be, that a base can be destroyed in seconds.

I understand your argument, but from my experiences as player and overpoch server owner, typically this type of complaint comes from a PVE natured person who doesnt want to be raided at all EVER.

He should also understand that its not final content and exploits are going to be found and used.

Do you think, a base raider in arma is going to use life like tactics? NO, they're going to blow the shit out of it. 

Like, OMG why would a plumber be eating mushrooms and smashing his head into brick walls and jump on turtles. A real plumber would just fix your leaking faucet and leave.

I do get what you are saying, but at the same time the real life comparisons and how someone would "raid a base" in reality, and the house breaker comparison is just terrible. This isn't house breaking, this is post-apocalypse survival by any means necessary. 

Like, OMG why would a plumber be eating mushrooms and smashing his head into brick walls and jump on turtles. A real plumber would just fix your leaking faucet and leave.

I do get what you are saying, but at the same time the real life comparisons and how someone would "raid a base" in reality, and the house breaker comparison is just terrible. This isn't house breaking, this is post-apocalypse survival by any means necessary. 

It is a video game as well you know, yes it's a 'survival' game, and yes, the point is to survive in as much comfort as possible. But you and I both know that the overwhelming majority of players don't play it to test their survival skills.

Depriving players of a base they've just built is fun, even better if you won a fight to have the freedom to blow the fucking thing up, but it's no fun playing on low pop servers. As someone else here said, the biggest cause of server rage quits is losing a base.

Remember, this isn't real life, it's entertainment, and unless you enjoy collecting scrap metal and bricks to constantly rebuild your base, then destructible bases will stunt the mod's growth, in my opinion. 

I raided mulitple bases back in arma 2 on servern with indestructible baseparts. The reward was most of the time more than 40 bc and tons of other stuff. All that happened on well-know and populated com server with working anti glitch and hackscripts. And even bases out of safes are not safe. But if you are a 24/7 basecamp idiot you will never get shit done like that. All you need to know are the names of the baseowners, decent guns, the ability to hit shit even if you have 50 bc in your backpack and a working background ( e.g good pilot, good driver or a good grenade dude). The reward of a successful raid on that way is 1000x better than blowing up a base in the night with no player on the server and offline baseowner.

Overpoch was the best example how not to use the basebuildingsystem. With one aggressiv, big and succesfull clan on the server there was no chance for small teams to set up bases without getting completly raped multiple times in 24h.

Some players logged in the early morning just to spend up to 5h to destroy every wall from a base.

The basebuilding is not working with the current settings. Even with less c4 they have a big problem with the cars and other shit.

Unfortunately Cap, the devs aren't for shifting on this. The mere mention of indestructible building materials has them huffing and puffing. But hey, it's their game.

I just hope that server owners will be free to implement indestructible materials on their own servers.

No huffing and puffing here, it's just been proven to be an administrative nightmare that isn't sustainable, hurts server and client fps more than you could imagine and creates a scenario that isn't welcoming to new players.

It's just simply not something we're going to do in our vanilla releases. notmad.jpg

This thread seems to have gone full circle a couple of times already, if there are any specifics someone wants to adress, create a new thread.

Locking thread.