What's the point of building when people can destroy your base with c4

howhigh2

that what your supposed to use to get in to a base  and no xyz that not a bug its in the loot tables and you can find them in alot of places and you can buy  stuff from traders 

Never said they cannot be looted, I'm just saying that they're waaay too common at the moment since a lot of people dupe them.

God some of  you dev's got atrocious attitudes to people who are actually playing something you created!! Like vehicles unlocking after a lousy 30 minutes and a dev's reply? " hide it more creatively" How ignorant. Thankfully just like arma2 it'll be others who make this mod both fun and playable once the server files are released because right now it's barley any different from stand alone.

It's mostly just Sequisha. I don't know him as a person but his responds on the forums mostly are ironic and sarcastic ^^

VBAWOL mostly give u detailed answers :)

God some of  you dev's got atrocious attitudes to people who are actually playing something you created!! Like vehicles unlocking after a lousy 30 minutes and a dev's reply? " hide it more creatively" How ignorant. Thankfully just like arma2 it'll be others who make this mod both fun and playable once the server files are released because right now it's barley any different from stand alone.

The attitude is probably because they spend day after day, working hard as hell to fix things, implement things and just make things better. Then people come one here, seemingly oblivious to the fact that IT'S NOT EVEN NEARLY FINISHED YET and start talking in a disrespectful way toward the devs and the mod. It can get tiresome when you feel unappreciated by the very community members you are building something for.

It's mostly just Sequisha. I don't know him as a person but his responds on the forums mostly are ironic and sarcastic ^^

VBAWOL mostly give u detailed answers :)

I'm sorry, shouldn't you be emulating a3 epoch features into dayZ epoch?

The attitude is probably because they spend day after day, working hard as hell to fix things, implement things and just make things better. Then people come one here, seemingly oblivious to the fact that IT'S NOT EVEN NEARLY FINISHED YET and start talking in a disrespectful way toward the devs and the mod. It can get tiresome when you feel unappreciated by the very community members you are building something for.

This. Busy working on new features, systems, assets...crushing bugs, correcting exploits....and the impatient just spit venom on the forums. 

...and this is precisely the attitude that warrants our crispy replies.

No different from standalone? Then go play Cod.

2 posts.

no face.

I've said it before....there needs to be a building material that is indestructible like cinder was on the popular A2 Epoch servers.

Lots of players have stopped playing this mod for varying reasons, and the most common one I've heard is the lack of security of bases. They put in so much work building a base, only for it to be destroyed in a matter of minutes.

I'll bet now that the servers that make metalfloors and cinder indestructible, will be the busier servers.

All those that want the realism of demolition can run around in half empty servers blowing shit up.

I've said it before....there needs to be a building material that is indestructible like cinder was on the popular A2 Epoch servers.

Lots of players have stopped playing this mod for varying reasons, and the most common one I've heard is the lack of security of bases. They put in so much work building a base, only for it to be destroyed in a matter of minutes.

I'll bet now that the servers that make metalfloors and cinder indestructible, will be the busier servers.

All those that want the realism of demolition can run around in half empty servers blowing shit up.

Inpenetrable bases miss the point entirely. 

They will also create in unsustainable amount of objects on the server.

There are other suitable solutions, and I'm putting those at the top of my list now.

It's ok if you don't believe me or have faith in the fixes, but jumping to the worst possible conclusion as a solution is not the best ideology.

Reinforcement attachment for multi-gun that bumps up armor rate of buildables, armor slowly goes down after time?  Not sure how the backend of it works.  If something like this could be done, people would have to continually maintain their base or it becomes vulnerable.  Armor goes all the way down it disintegrates/disappears.  Could that be done, would it make sense?

The way things are now, there's no point in trying to build a base unless you have a lot of time to burn and have a careless attitude about it.  It seems a lot of people come into Epoch and expect to be able to enjoy themselves while only spending an hour or so on it every other day.  Doesn't work like that.  Thus, it's way easier and less time consuming to just base raid.  So you have a bunch of people base raiding and only a couple people actually willing to build a base because of it.

it's funny how people that have been raided just wine and people who raid just smile.
maybe who have been raided now will smile tomorrow and vice versa.

it's the meaning of the game like in "rust"...

wine - smile - wine - smile - oh god cheaters! - wine - smile - oh god glitchers! - wine - smile - oh god bug abuser! - wine - smile

Just wow, raymix your comment is so true. Players like this are embarrassing to the game they want everything handed to them, yes bases can be destroyed, yes vehicles can be stolen, yes you need to find a maxi-pad because apparently its the time of the month for all you players acting like bitches. Bugs are one thing but this is just being a whiner!

it's funny how people that have been raided just wine and people who raid just smile.

maybe who have been raided now will smile tomorrow and vice versa.

it's the meaning of the game like in "rust"...

wine - smile - wine - smile - oh god cheaters! - wine - smile - oh god glitchers! - wine - smile - oh god bug abuser! - wine - smile

You forgot die

Inpenetrable bases miss the point entirely.

They will also create in unsustainable amount of objects on the server.

There are other suitable solutions, and I'm putting those at the top of my list now.

It's ok if you don't believe me or have faith in the fixes, but jumping to the worst possible conclusion as a solution is not the best ideology.

Inpenetrable bases may miss the game's point, but many players don't see the point in that point. They like the rest of the game, but not the destructible base element.

Regarding the unsustainable amount of objects, from experience I've seen the maintenance mechanics of the game take care of that problem. Don't maintain, your base rots.

I'm eager to hear your solutions that now sit at the top of your list.

I do believe you, and I do have faith in you, but your worst possible conclusion is my, and I will bet the majority of players' best possible conclusion.

Time will tell, and we'll see which method is preferred by seeing which servers attract the most traffic.

Inpenetrable bases may miss the game's point, but many players don't see the point in that point. They like the rest of the game, but not the destructible base element.

Regarding the unsustainable amount of objects, from experience I've seen the maintenance mechanics of the game take care of that problem. Don't maintain, your base rots.

I'm eager to hear your solutions that now sit at the top of your list.

I do believe you, and I do have faith in you, but your worst possible conclusion is my, and I will bet the majority of players' best possible conclusion.

Time will tell, and we'll see which method is preferred by seeing which servers attract the most traffic.

Well, gotta give players what they need, not what they want. 

An indestructible base is not the solution, for anyone; I promise you.

We already saw it in DayZ Epoch, any server operator foolish enough to attempt implementing this is in for some serious headache, and a revolving-turn-style at their server gates.

If your base is indestructible it takes out a gigantic element of the game. It makes no sense to have something invincible in a world that is happy to destroy anything. It just sticks out like a sore thumb. Sure, it might suck getting your base destroyed by someone, but all players, atleast on the official servers, have the same access to the same resources as everyone else, so it's not unfair. Not only that, but people would make ridiculously oversized bases which would affect server performance, which is a pretty bad thing to happen when the devs are still trying to develop and debug the game.

If your base is indestructible it takes out a gigantic element of the game. It makes no sense to have something invincible in a world that is happy to destroy anything. It just sticks out like a sore thumb. Sure, it might suck getting your base destroyed by someone, but all players, atleast on the official servers, have the same access to the same resources as everyone else, so it's not unfair. Not only that, but people would make ridiculously oversized bases which would affect server performance, which is a pretty bad thing to happen when the devs are still trying to develop and debug the game.

This :D

Mostly to attract lazies for donation perks... so stuff they pay for is not destroyed

Please feel free to explain your comment and its absolutley ZERO bering on what he was saying and the point he was getting at?

"We already saw it in DayZ Epoch, any server operator foolish enough to attempt implementing this is in for some serious headache, and a revolving-turn-style at their server gates."

"he was saying having indestructable bases has negative impacts on servers that ran it." to paraphrase him. Explain what negative impacts they are please? Because all I see is fulll servers with contant flow of traffic. This jibber jabber of donations has no relevance to the topic nor has it any relevence to what he was discussing.