Just wanna thank MGT for being AWESOME (Anti-Glitch)

Disabled

Zupa, on 06 Nov 2014 - 05:33 AM, said:snapback.png

No means no.

Ummm, I thought the DEV said no modifications? So this edit would not be allowed?......... Shouldnt MGT fallow the rules and they are said to be "Official Host".....

P.S that quote if from one of the developers.....

I'm sure this is just fixing an Arma bug, not really modifying. And knowing MGT they are probably going to share with the devs. Good Job MGT!!

its not an arma bug, it has to do with the objects col mesh. Which is made by Epoch for their building objects. Try doing the same glitch on regular objects and they should not work

Anyone who can make something to stomp out bad behaviour deserves commendation.

not the negative crap posted above.

if this works as described, hopefully you guys share it with the devs. for the benefit of all players, and ultimately the mod itself.

There is a fix in the next Epoch-patch that basically resolves 99% of the issues with glitching through walls in 0.2.1. MGT's fix is an interim solution for the next coming week(s) before 0.2.5 is released, and just gives admins something else to do other than to deal with constant glitching reports. Unfortunately it does NOT solve the overabundance of explosives thanks to duping.

its not an arma bug, it has to do with the objects col mesh. Which is made by Epoch for their building objects. Try doing the same glitch on regular objects and they should not work

Ummm, I thought the DEV said no modifications? So this edit would not be allowed?......... Shouldnt MGT fallow the rules and they are said to be "Official Host".....

They are talking abit through eachother on that part.

One says no.

Other one says yes IF you don't touch the default code. Which should be fairly easy just more type work ^^

quit complaining man holy shit the dude does something good for us and you bitch about it?

The anti-glitch is done using an anti-hack, the Devs said no modifying the Epoch files, so what's got you on your high horse here ? :P

Cant wait for all severs to get this, I do not even play anymore cos of the glitching fuckers. just no point in having a base as it cleaned out ever day you log on.. Super work (MGT), now pass ur info on to the other severs like the nice guys we know you are ;)

Anti glitch will be part of the mod itself on the next patch due in around a week, this is an experimental mod of an antihack and is likely to be either sent out to users or can be requested from Chris.

No, what am saying is. According to what the DEV of epoch are say. Modifications like this should not be allowed is what am getting. So am trying to say is, "the DEV say we cant modify" but wont this count as modifying?

In a way, you are right. Adding anti-cheats sort of bypasses the development/mass testing of Epoch's own admin-tools and anti-hack, which means those won't get enough testing. Adding features to that anti-hack that also fixes glitches/issues means that essentially you are working around the mod.

With that said though, I think it's more of a grayscale. We use an antihack simply because it has better functionality for our needs, and our jobs as admins would be harder if we didn't have those tools, and thus; the same argument can be applied to the fixes in an antihack that prevent glitching.

All-in-all usage of an antihack, and the anti-glitch-addon is all about making the game more user-friendly, AND on top of that, it lessens the burdens on the admins.