New map?

Zeroniite

New maps forsurely on the way. I'd like to see not just revamed ported maps but entirely different ones. At 100 players, altis is the right size. Tons of pvp but still a chance for a lone wolf. Right around 50 or less players it becomes a large map. Like said, events like shipping containers and epicenters help with this.

One cool map, totally a challenge, would be creating an actual country such as the US. Would create high amounts of realism and would bring the story more to life. Hopefully one is up for the challenge.

One cool map, totally a challenge, would be creating an actual country such as the US. Would create high amounts of realism and would bring the story more to life. Hopefully one is up for the challenge.

Yeah, I'm pretty surprised no one has even talked about doing this before.  Not just US, but North America.  Or even Hawaii.

Not just North America, the whole world!

In one map? The map file would be huge (probably terabytes or petabytes) and good luck loading that map when joining a server  :P

Yeah, I'm pretty surprised no one has even talked about doing this before.  Not just US, but North America.  Or even Hawaii.

You realize that the US (not even North America) is over 30,000 time as big as Altis right? Even if everyone who plays Epoch got on map that size, you would have almost zero chance if seeing anyone. And even Hawaii is about 60 times as big as Altis, so that probably would not work out unless you wanted extreme PVE.

In one map? The map file would be huge (probably terabytes or petabytes) and good luck loading that map when joining a server  :P

You realize that the US (not even North America) is over 30,000 time as big as Altis right? Even if everyone who plays Epoch got on map that size, you would have almost zero chance if seeing anyone. And even Hawaii is about 60 times as big as Altis, so that probably would not work out unless you wanted extreme PVE.

Uh, not real size silly.  I'm saying a down-scaled version of North America, kinda like what they did with Napf, or kinda like what they did for The Crew.  I know, I know, still crazy talk.

Another thing someone could do that would be pretty cool is to take a place on mainland somewhere that would be surrounded by water if the oceans had risen.

if talking about a dream map, mine would be an altis sized map, based on real life loosely so not complete fantasy stuff, but it would feature multiple climates (winter north, taiga/tundra, mediterranean and then last desert.).. this would make a huge meaning to heat/cold packs and would make you need different type camos inside the same map.

if talking about a dream map, mine would be an altis sized map, based on real life loosely so not complete fantasy stuff, but it would feature multiple climates (winter north, taiga/tundra, mediterranean and then last desert.).. this would make a huge meaning to heat/cold packs and would make you need different type camos inside the same map.

TroloLolOLoLoLOloLOlOl .....

Not sure what is so funny about this or do you know of a real location that contains so many different climates in a 270km2 area?

I think Soren is a bit special. He intentionally left the word "loosely" unhighlighted.

There are several locations around the world, especially in Europe, Asia and in North America where you have colder mountainous regions that meet forested areas that then border semi-desert so it's definitely achievable, would just take some careful choosing.