Vehicles

Saltzman

Played now on 5 different servers, walked thousands and thousands and thousands of kilometers and I have found only 1 vehicle. Whats the problem here? One of the things that made Epoch so bad ass is all the vehicles! Do they spawn or can you only buy them? Walking is realistic and all, but not finding any vehicles isn't.

Vehicles mainly spawn around the center of the map, and near a road. Therefore, your best bet of finding one (which is basically guaranteed) is to look around between Zaros and Neochori on all these dirt roads as well as between Athira and Frini.

EDIT; Look just after restarts. More than an hour after a restart and you're almost guaranteed that a group has cleaned the area and sold the vehicles for krypto.

Vehicles mainly spawn around the center of the map, and near a road. Therefore, your best bet of finding one (which is basically guaranteed) is to look around between Zaros and Neochori on all these dirt roads as well as between Athira and Frini.

EDIT; Look just after restarts. More than an hour after a restart and you're almost guaranteed that a group has cleaned the area and sold the vehicles for krypto.

Great to know, thanks

Today was the first time that i found an orca, flyed with it for 2 hours then my friend was sitting in the copilot and he tryed to land because he said that he is soo much better in it and then we just blew up even when it was a landing that was 100 % perfect, i don't know what is wrong with this advanced flying.

Ok  so I managed to find one. It was locked, it gave me an option to unlock it, I did so and drove away. How was I able to unlock he vehicle without the key?

Basically if you find a vehicle and lock it, other players will not be able to unlock the vehicle for 30 minuts after it anyone can unlock it.

Whats the point of having the option if it doesnt do shit then?

It does "do shit". How it works now is that from the point you lock it, no one else except you (except players in your group, if you have one) can unlock it for 30 minutes and therefore cannot gain entry to the vehicle and steal it. It is kind of like the A2 Epoch lock (i.e. no one can get in or access the inventory) except the "key" is bound to your character and is only locked for 30 minutes unless you unlock and relock it.  

The concept of vehicles unlocking serves multiple good purposes. However 30mins of lock time is kinda low. I recommend 24 hrs unless they have some kind of "hotwire kit" that's not to uncommon to find.

I think it is the perfect time to allow you to go looting in a town and still have your car there when you come back. It is there so you have to build a base/hide it well to keep it for a longer period of time and can't just hoard too many vehicles. 

• 1 month later...

I think there should be a system to create your own key for a vehicle you purchase from traders. It is kind of annoying that people steal your vehicles, even when you hide them inside or outside a base, and you have to walk again till you find another vehicle (which is not that easy as it seems). Now vehicles have this huge capacity to store items, even a quad can store a lot of things, so it still better than lockboxes, tipis and shelves, the only problem is that you have no guarantee that your most precious vehicle (chopper are really hard to hide) will be there after you wake up and log in.

Plus vehicles locked in the radius of your Jammer stay locked

Not sure if you said this as a suggestion or as the way it works....but I can tell you this is not the case at the moment.  We had 2 vehicles stolen not 5m from our jammer which were locked prior to going out on a two hour loot run.  

What is confusing is that even after the 30min lock time, it still will be shown as locked...but anyone can unlock it vs only group members 

Not sure if you said this as a suggestion or as the way it works....but I can tell you this is not the case at the moment.  We had 2 vehicles stolen not 5m from our jammer which were locked prior to going out on a two hour loot run.  

What is confusing is that even after the 30min lock time, it still will be shown as locked...but anyone can unlock it vs only group members 

maybe i just assumed they are locked then!