Sign in to follow this  
Ajantarkastaja

Next Patch Weapons! [PICTURES!]

ArmA2 m14 was "unstoppable"!!!

I really like to see this "oldschoolweapons" back :D There are about 100 million produced AK-47 in the world !!!

So it cant be, that they are gone in 2035 :D :D :D

Yes Yes Yes gimme more weapons and more updates :D I love it !

How are the ballistics done on the custom weapons?  Do they use the same calculations as their counterparts in ARMA 3?  IE: All 7.62x51 guns/rounds have the same ballistics and accuracy.

For example the mk18 and rahim seem to have the exact same ballistics and accuracy in game as far as I can tell, and they are totally different guns.  

Are things like barrel twist rate, length and material (chrome lined / match grade etc) modeled?  I know the extra length that a suppressor adds to the barrel seems to be modeled with increased velocity.

I guess what I'm getting at is why would I pick an m14 over a mk18 or rahim other than looks or mag capacity?

Guess the only thing we can recognize is the bulletspeed and the recoil, anything else is not really recognizable cuz of the weapon sway which is hilariously high even if laying down for a while and holding breath

btw: the pictures did not mention the L115/L96 Sniper

Guess the only thing we can recognize is the bulletspeed and the recoil, anything else is not really recognizable cuz of the weapon sway which is hilariously high even if laying down for a while and holding breath

btw: the pictures did not mention the L115/L96 Sniper

They're doing the M107

^^^^ maybe the marksman DLC  will do this when it comes out?    I really don't find the sway too outrageous, I regularly shoot IRL at 400+ yards with a 7.62x51 and 15x mil dot / mrad turrent and even prone with a bipod it is pretty hard to keep the cross hairs on a 12in target.  In game at 1600m is a piece of cake...probably better than IRL.   Best situation is using a bag.

If the server files are released and people start to host their own servers they can add this mod into it right?

would be awesome imo.

already on it mate.

creating the custom loot tables will be the fun part,

as for rangecreeds post, it does have the potential to limit your playerbase yes.

but with an already established community its easier to do,

plus if people can figure out how to load dayz epoch overwatch origins taviana... they can figure out how to add -mod=[email protected]; into their startup params.

all it would take would be one frankie or psi video and all the kiddies would be mad for it.

If the server files are released and people start to host their own servers they can add this mod into it right?

would be awesome imo.

The simple answer is no.

already on it mate.

creating the custom loot tables will be the fun part,

as for rangecreeds post, it does have the potential to limit your playerbase yes.

but with an already established community its easier to do,

plus if people can figure out how to load dayz epoch overwatch origins taviana... they can figure out how to add [email protected]; into their startup params.

all it would take would be one frankie or psi video and all the kiddies would be mad for it.

You seem to be forgetting 2 very important parts of the formula here.

The most important point being...

A) The modding author's rights to that weapons pack.  They may not want their mod redistributed or used in combination with another mod without their permission.

2) At this early stage of development we're not allowing major modifications or conjoined mod distribution. 

People seem to be really confused about this, so allow me to clarify.  DayZ Epoch was open source and allowed modification as it was a derived work from an abandoned project left to the community (DayZ Mod).

A3 Epoch is currently in core development and not open sourced, it is also under a completely different license.  There is another thread stating specifically where that license can be found.

Although I'm sure everyone would love to go shopping on Armaholic and grab every cool thing that would "make it a good mod"; but that's not what this is all about.

I've been allowed to port and make textural and configuration changes to these weapons because they were released in the A2 public data package.  If there are weapons specifically that you'd like to see, now is the time to make recommendations.

P.s. M107 is confirmed, for the person that asked above.

The simple answer is no.

You seem to be forgetting 2 very important parts of the formula here.

The most important point being...

A) The modding author's rights to that weapons pack.  They may not want their mod redistributed or used in combination with another mod without their permission.

2) At this early stage of development we're not allowing major modifications or conjoined mod distribution. 

People seem to be really confused about this, so allow me to clarify.  DayZ Epoch was open source and allowed modification as it was a derived work from an abandoned project left to the community (DayZ Mod).

A3 Epoch is currently in core development and not open sourced, it is also under a completely different license.  There is another thread stating specifically where that license can be found.

Although I'm sure everyone would love to go shopping on Armaholic and grab every cool thing that would "make it a good mod"; but that's not what this is all about.

I've been allowed to port and make textural and configuration changes to these weapons because they were released in the A2 public data package.  If there are weapons specifically that you'd like to see, now is the time to make recommendations.

P.s. M107 is confirmed, for the person that asked above.

Is there a list somewhere of the weapons from that a2 public data that you have access to port?

I just want a silenced, high calibre sniper rifle.

And a MLRS for me, while we're at it... :P Would you like also integral scope w/ thermal, night, ragefinder, autoclick and get out of jail free card? :D :D

JK :)

IMO what you're asking for would be very much OP.

Dragunov would be nice tho :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Cyrus
      Hi,
      I have successfully set up an Arma 3 Epoch altis server (private for now) with a bunch of server side mods running. One of them is the Black Market Trader found elsewhere in the forums. My question is how do i add weapons and gear from the DLC expansions (MARK, HELI) etc. more specifically gear and weapons. I have seen on the BMS server they have gear specific to APEX and helis specific to HELI DLC. My black market trader does not have any of the DLC gear and weapons but only some of the heli's like the Huron and Taru. I own all of the DLC's and they are all present on the server folder structure. I cannot spawn them either using the builtin Anti Hack admin menu as they aren't present.

I there any way that i can make them visible th AH menu and black market trader?

Thanks in advance
    • By Zoranth
      Based on Hacked Vehicles release by @Bricktop and Additional code by @Hooty from here:
      This is my first release
      This mod and code is not all my original work. 
      Credits to: 
      @Bricktop for the "Hacked Vehicles" https://epochmod.com/forum/topic/43750-hacked-vehicles-1061/
      @Hooty for his input in Bricktop's release on how to install it differently and to add support for Virtual Garage.
      What I did is took their information and made it modular and easier to install / customize. This way, you just need to #include which weapon systems you want to add into each vehicle that you want to modify.
      >> DOWNLOAD HERE <<  CURRENTLY ON HOLD DUE TO UNFORESEEN ERROR
      Install Directions:
      1.    Copy the Vehicle_Weapons directory into the root of your dayz_server directory
      2.    Next paste
      #include "\z\addons\dayz_server\Vehicle_Weapons\Add_Vehicle_Weapons.sqf";    in dayz_server\system\sever_monitor.sqf under
      3.    Then paste
      #include "\z\addons\dayz_server\Vehicle_Weapons\Add_Vehicle_Weapons.sqf";  in dayz_server\compile\server_publishVehicle2.sqf under
      4.    Then paste
      #include "\z\addons\dayz_server\Vehicle_Weapons\Add_Vehicle_Weapons.sqf";   in dayz_server\compile\spawn_vehicles.sqf under
      Installation with Virtual Garage:
      If you have @salival's Virtual Garage installed then add :
      #include "\z\addons\dayz_server\Vehicle_Weapons\Add_Vehicle_Weapons.sqf";   to dayz_server\compile\garage\server_spawnVehicles.sqf under
      How To Customize:
      If you would like to create your very own weapons pack for a vehicle, use the following instructions:
      1. Make a copy of "\z\addons\dayz_server\Vehicle_Weapons\vehicles\Generic_Add_Weapon.sqf" rename it like "<vehicle_classname>_Add_Weapons.sqf". Replace the <vehicle_classname> with the actual classname of the vehicle you want to add weapons to.
      2. Comment out or Delete the Weapon_Systems that you do not want to use on your new vehicle.
      3. Make a new #include "\z\addons\dayz_server\Vehicle_Weapons\vehicles\<Class_Name>_Add_Weapons.sqf"; line with your new vehicle file and add it to "\z\addons\dayz_server\Vehicle_Weapons\Add_Vehicle_Weapons.sqf";
      4. In the new vehicle file you just made.  Rearrange the Weapon_Systems in an order that makes sense to you. For example, list all guns, then all missiles so they are grouped together in your scroll menu for easier selection.
      Adding / Restricting an Ammo Type
      For Weapon_Systems that have multiple ammo types, You can go into that specific file and comment out an ammo type or make an extra file with just the ammo you want if you want to restrict it from your server. Example:
      In the file: "\z\addons\dayz_server\Vehicle_Weapons\Vehicles\Weapon_Systems\D81_125mm_Cannon.sqf". You could comment out an Ammo Type as shown Below.
      If you do this, you will want to save that as a new file such as : "D81_125mm_Cannon_SABOT_ONLY.sqf.
      List of Vehicle Weapons and Ammo:
      WARNING: Not all Weapon Systems work with all vehicles. For example, You obviously do not want to put a "GBU12_Bomb_Launcher" on an "ArmoredSUV_PMC", or "MLRS Rocket System" on the "ArmoredSUV_PMC".
      These weapons spawn on the vehicle when purchased and remain after restart.  This does not work with admin spawned vehicles nor does it work (for now) with the Deploy Anything Mod.  I do not have Virtual Garage installed on my test server,so I am unable to test that but it should work.
      Have Fun
    • By theduke
      Ok, so i've been banging my head for a while with this script.  Players have been asking for me to put in some helicopters, but they have rockets. Last thing i need lol
      So i found this script which removes weapons/rockets, that after a little playing around with, i got it to work properly with the 1051 epoch version.
      http://opendayz.net/threads/release-remove-weapons-ammunition-thermal-from-vehicle-epoch-version.18044/
      This is my issue.  For ALL helicopters, after the script was added if i got in the pilots seat, the rockets would still be there. The second i turn on Manual Fire, the rockets were not accessible lol go figure, its arma.
      Also in the gunner seat the rockets were not accessible.  So i thought, lets force players into manual fire mode while in pilot seat.
      This worked well...on my test server lol
      When i put it live, i had 2 of my admins try it out. When 2 players get into the heli, the gunner receives a spam chat because the pilot cannot be in manual fire mode while having a gunner... soo yeah lol
      So now im trying to find a way, or if someone has experienced this.. I cannot leave the code for forcing players in manual fire...
      Here is a snippet from my code
      I also tried using removeWeaponGlobal
      And i noticed some threads talked about RemoveWeaponTurret...but the BI wiki says its just for arma 3.. i tried anyways and it didnt work lol
      Theres also a second method in that script, but all it does is remove the ammo from that weapon.. with my rearm script, you can rearm the hydras.
      Any advice would be great...even if its DUKE ITS NOT POSSIBLE... then great, ill stop banging me head lol
      Thanks

• By FugitiveS
      I am having problems getting overpoch weapons to spawn anywhere i am only getting epoch weapons i have tried everything from changing loot chance and even adding more spawns for weapons if anyone could please help that would be great.
      I am not stengy I want a high loot server
    • By Brainzaw
      Hello Forum!

i can't make a user on opendayz.com and ask there because of an error that says the website is offline...

So im posting here insteead :D  
      this script: http://opendayz.net/threads/tutorial-remove-weapons-replace-weapons-on-vehicles.11070/
      It allows to add/remove/replace weapons on vehicles, BUT does that also include the mounted guns? like the KORD and M2?

adding this to server_monitor in server pbo, 

Underneath the lines paste the following code
      //## LAND VEHICLES
      //GAZ Vodnik remove weapons
      if (_object isKindOf "GAZ_Vodnik_HMG") then {
      _object removeWeapon "2A42";
      _object removeMagazine "1500Rnd_762x54_PKT";

//## LAND VEHICLES
      //GAZ Vodnik add weapon
      if (_object isKindOf "GAZ_Vodnik_HMG") then {
      _object addWeapon "2A42";
      _object addMagazine "1500Rnd_762x54_PKT";
      };

underneath these lines:

clearWeaponCargoGlobal  _object;
                      clearMagazineCargoGlobal  _object;

to simply add or remove ammo or weapons.

If this includes munted guns, can i make a KORD for example, behave like a sniper? :huh:  a M107 maybe? 
      Or is it only vehicle guns you can relpace? 

Cheers hope you can help! :lol:  
  • Advertisement
  • Supporters
  • Discord