Next Patch Weapons! [PICTURES!]

Ajantarkastaja

already on it mate.

creating the custom loot tables will be the fun part,

as for rangecreeds post, it does have the potential to limit your playerbase yes.

but with an already established community its easier to do,

plus if people can figure out how to load dayz epoch overwatch origins taviana... they can figure out how to add -mod=@mas; into their startup params.

all it would take would be one frankie or psi video and all the kiddies would be mad for it.

Would be awesome if people start hosting epoch on the Dayz standalone chernasus map. The new one where you can enter every building.

And a MLRS for me, while we're at it... :P Would you like also integral scope w/ thermal, night, ragefinder, autoclick and get out of jail free card? :D :D

JK :)

IMO what you're asking for would be very much OP.

Dragunov would be nice tho :)

All that stuff would be sweet, and if a server had them, I bet it wouldn't be short of players.

I just want a silenced, high calibre sniper rifle.

Feel like this would be too OP, but maybe if the rounds were super low velocity (so high travel time and lots of bullet drop) or the suppressor did not completely silence the weapon too much, it would be fine. 

Feel like this would be too OP, but maybe if the rounds were super low velocity (so high travel time and lots of bullet drop) or the suppressor did not completely silence the weapon too much, it would be fine. 

If that were the case, I'd use a mk18 or rahim, I've made shots at 700m with a suppressed rahim, and took some out of a fight by wounding them at 900m.  A subsonic or louder .50, 408 or 338 Lapua Magnum would not be worth it.  I'd simply go back to the suppressed 7.62.   However I do wish that subsonic rounds be added to get rid of the crack.

If you test a silenced weapon on say Jesters showcase, you'll notice that a suppressor actually increases velocity vs unsuppressed. (you have to hold under) as it should. The suppressor adds length to the barrel therefore allowing the gases to act upon the projectile for a longer time.  This is true of real life suppressors as well.   However in real life, most people who choose to suppress, use subsonic rounds to prevent the projectile from breaking the speed of sound (The cracking sound)

If duping wasn't an issue, I'd say make the larger calibre suppressors very, very rare.

When is the next version / patch of epoch going to be released? Is there any updates on the crafting?

There will be patch notes like 48 hours or so before it is released. Right now they're still adding features, and most likely won't release any notes until they've decided to have a feature freeze for the release.

French guns :lol: what ammo do they fire ? white flags :lol:

I would assume NATO 5.56, but have seen some irl chambered for the 7.62 with scope, bipod and suppressor.

Mainly though due to low stability and high fire rates paired with only 20rnd mags they are only good for long range single shots, or quick spray'n'pray cqb...they suck for mid-range.